J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

856 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

Good Day to All.. I just wanted to give a small update on my case. My case has been sitting at the US Embassy in Accura Ghana since Aug 1st. I'm just waiting for the calendar to open so i can schedule a date for the interview.

Has been tough just sitting and waiting  ( Yes ! ) The journey continues.

Our case went under administrative processing after interview. And still waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gary Rich said:

Good Day to All... I just wanted to give a small update on my case. My case has been sitting at the US Embassy in Accura Ghana since Aug 1st.

I'm just waiting for the calendar to open so I can schedule a date for the interview.  Has been tough just sitting and waiting  ( Yes ! ) The journey continues.

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for the interview. Hope you get a quick response soon. Good luck

Good Day.. I finally have an interview date on Nov 24th at the Embassy in Ghana. The embassy scheduled the date themselves. still a long journey to go tho.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/15/2023 at 6:53 AM, Gary Rich said:

Good Day.. I finally have an interview date on Nov 24th at the Embassy in Ghana. The embassy scheduled the date themselves. still a long journey to go tho.

Hope it goes smooth ... plenty of waiting (for us unlucky ones) in the next step too.

• 2 weeks later...

(Update on my case ) My fiancee had her interview this past Friday. The embassy gave her a 221g. All they ask is for her to send her birth certificate back to the embassy.

She misplace it and also they are waiting for her medical results to arrive at the embassy. she said her interview was less than 10 minutes and all went well.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/27/2023 at 6:55 AM, Gary Rich said:

(Update on my case ) My fiancee had her interview this past Friday. The embassy gave her a 221g. All they ask is for her to send her birth certificate back to the embassy.

She misplace it and also they are waiting for her medical results to arrive at the embassy. she said her interview was less than 10 minutes and all went well.

Any good news yet?

Timeline

Suggestion to any in the process of getting the K-1 Visa .....
Based on our Brazil case ....

1) Ensure you get a fresh police report just before traveling to the USA .... you may need a newer one for the AOS filing
2) Ensure you get a fresh certified copy of the birth certificate - And triple check it for typos.

That second one is giving us plenty of headaches now as we can't register our wedding with the consulate until the document is corrected for the typo and for Brazil it has to be within the last 6 months or they won't accept it outright.

We can't get passport updated until we get the wedding registered (which requires the corrected Birth Cert)

And that is limiting our ability apply for Global Entry (based on wrong name in passport) as well as updating her accounts like United......

The fun continues once they are here .... but at least they are here (so worth celebrating once it happens for you guys)

5 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Suggestion to any in the process of getting the K-1 Visa .....
Based on our Brazil case ....

1) Ensure you get a fresh police report just before traveling to the USA .... you may need a newer one for the AOS filing
2) Ensure you get a fresh certified copy of the birth certificate - And triple check it for typos.

That second one is giving us plenty of headaches now as we can't register our wedding with the consulate until the document is corrected for the typo and for Brazil it has to be within the last 6 months or they won't accept it outright.

We can't get passport updated until we get the wedding registered (which requires the corrected Birth Cert)

And that is limiting our ability apply for Global Entry (based on wrong name in passport) as well as updating her accounts like United......

The fun continues once they are here .... but at least they are here (so worth celebrating once it happens for you guys)

I'm at the stage in just waiting for my fiancee's visa to be issued.. it's been a long journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Anyone from this group get their GC's yet? We got married 08/29/2023 and submitted AOS on 9/12/2023... got an RFE and resubmitted everything on 10/21/2023 and did fingerprints shortly thereafter. It's been crickets since then. Just wondering if anyone got approved for AOS yet or got their Green Card yet. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, vldrnxrz said:

Anyone from this group get their GC's yet? We got married 08/29/2023 and submitted AOS on 9/12/2023... got an RFE and resubmitted everything on 10/21/2023 and did fingerprints shortly thereafter. It's been crickets since then. Just wondering if anyone got approved for AOS yet or got their Green Card yet. 

We got our green card as did at least 2 others on October AOS group. 

A number of us Dec k1 2021 in there and most are waiting. 

HOPING YOURS COMES SOON TOO

Edited by mw & rg k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
20 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

We got our green card as did at least 2 others on October AOS group. 

A number of us Dec k1 2021 in there and most are waiting. 

HOPING YOURS COMES SOON TOO

I hope so! Getting a little antsy. How long after you filed did you receive your GC? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.