J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

856 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Congratulations!!  Has the status changed to "Issued"? 

CEAC currently shows is it as "Application Received" but it was updated today. It says it may take up to 2 days for it to be updated once interview is done. 

Timeline
On 7/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, vldrnxrz said:

CEAC currently shows is it as "Application Received" but it was updated today. It says it may take up to 2 days for it to be updated once interview is done. 

The CEAC site officially shows the status as "ISSUED" 2 days after our visa interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Aesop23 said:

Hey guys, know you are farther along than us and was hoping you could help. We just got our nvc case number I went to ceac but couldn’t log in. Do we need to file ds160 first?

Congrats on getting your case number.
No need to create an account on CEAC, and no need to have DS-160 submitted.

By the way, you'll probably get more answers on the June NOA2 thread:

And remember to update your timeline too when you can :))

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, Aesop23 said:

Hey guys, know you are farther along than us and was hoping you could help. We just got our nvc case number I went to ceac but couldn’t log in. Do we need to file ds160 first?

We worked to get logged in (can share what it took if you really want) ..

Once "logged in" it only statea to submit the DS-160 and thats all ... rather sad

Further confused. Thanks again for everything. I wonder if it’s just the Mumbai embassy. Our case has arrived at embassy. 

we need welcome letter (packet 4??) from embassy prior to scheduling/attending medical. 

Can’t get embassy via phone so far. 

we can’t log in to register an address in ceac till we do ds160. 

-is letter needed for medical exam coming to petitioner or beneficiary?  Do we need to do ds160 to get address for them to send the letter?

should we wait for letter to do ds160? 

I keep finding divergent suggestions for how to proceed. Some are on this site, 2 are from embassy prescribing different order of actions without any sort of clarification. 

any knowledge would be a gift. Thanks again

Timeline
4 hours ago, Aesop23 said:

Further confused. Thanks again for everything. I wonder if it’s just the Mumbai embassy. Our case has arrived at embassy. 

we need welcome letter (packet 4??) from embassy prior to scheduling/attending medical. 

Can’t get embassy via phone so far. 

we can’t log in to register an address in ceac till we do ds160. 

-is letter needed for medical exam coming to petitioner or beneficiary?  Do we need to do ds160 to get address for them to send the letter?

should we wait for letter to do ds160? 

I keep finding divergent suggestions for how to proceed. Some are on this site, 2 are from embassy prescribing different order of actions without any sort of clarification. 

any knowledge would be a gift. Thanks again

You will get more answers on the threads I linked here before.
Some people at Mumbai embassy there that can help.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Dont forget to show us some wedding photos when you finally have them.

Minor updates:

Entry 7 Sept

Added to renters insurance policy 8 Sept

Wedding 10 Sept

I94 Corrected 19 Sept

465 (AOS) - Hope this week if we get the certified wedding cert in the mail (duh)

131 - Goes with 465

765 - Hope this week too

Added to Lease - probably next week or 2

SSN - probably next week

CA DL - Unsure

Library Card? Bank? More (i am sure)

Oh, and started a box for proof of valid marriage (box 17) over the next few years.

01fb14ba20d82e11b87e47b46dbb8ab3.jpg

IMG-20230919-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230919-WA0007.jpg

Congratulations 🎉

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi there! Have any of you December 2021 filers made any progress with receiving their I-485 (Green Card) yet? I assume we all could be in a similar timeline, just curious to see where everyone is at with their AOS process. 

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day to All... I just wanted to give a small update on my case. My case has been sitting at the US Embassy in Accura Ghana since Aug 1st.

I'm just waiting for the calendar to open so I can schedule a date for the interview.  Has been tough just sitting and waiting  ( Yes ! ) The journey continues.

Edited by Gary Rich

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.