mam521

IR2 green card but received an I-751

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don’t know where this belongs on the forum!

Anyway, when entered the US, it was 1 day after our 2yr anniversary. Kid1 and I received our green cards with IR status, 10 year expiration. Kid2’s came as CR with 2 year expiration. I filed an I-90, submitting all required supporting documentation and Kid2 received a new green card, IR status, 10yr expiration. However, this week we received an I-751 to remove conditions on Kid2’s green card. What’s the best way to approach this? Send copies of the NOA for the I-90 and a copy of the GC to a myUSCIS inquiry? 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, mam521 said:

Kid2 received a new green card, IR status, 10yr expiration. However, this week we received an I-751 to remove conditions on Kid2’s green card. 

I don’t understand.  I-751s are sent by green card holders to USCIS.  

Who sent you an I-751?

Please post a copy of what you were sent, covering up personal info. 

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Removing Conditions on Residency Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mike E said:

I don’t understand.  I-751s are sent by green card holders to USCIS.  

Who sent you an I-751?

Please post a copy of what you were sent, covering up personal info. 

Sorry - I-797C NOA to file I-751 ROC.  

Regardless, we filed the I-90 when we received the initial green card that had the CR2 status, received a new green card with the corrected IR2 status and figured everything was fine, until the NOA came in the mail. 

Best way to sort it out?  myUSCIS inquiry?  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
46 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Regardless, we filed the I-90 when we received the initial green card that had the CR2 status, received a new green card with the corrected IR2 status and figured everything was fine, until the NOA came in the mail. 

Call USCIS, say “info pass”, and ask for tier 2 officer.  Ask the officer to send a letter confirming that the NOA was sent in error.  

I doubt you will get relief. Best thing to do is for their parent to file for citizenship when eligible and then get when naturalized get each child a passport, passport card, and certificate of citizenship.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Call USCIS, say “info pass”, and ask for tier 2 officer.  Ask the officer to send a letter confirming that the NOA was sent in error.  

I doubt you will get relief. Best thing to do is for their parent to file for citizenship when eligible and then get when naturalized get each child a passport, passport card, and certificate of citizenship.  

That's the plan (citizenship), but I'm not paying the ROC fees in the meantime.  The incompetence is frustrating because 2 out of the 3 green cards for our family came correct, with one being incorrect.  We all interviewed on the same date, we all entered the US on the same date.  It's ridiculous.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mam521 said:

That's the plan (citizenship), but I'm not paying the ROC fees in the meantime.  The incompetence is frustrating because 2 out of the 3 green cards for our family came correct, with one being incorrect.  We all interviewed on the same date, we all entered the US on the same date.  It's ridiculous.  

Even if you paid RoC fees (and I never suggested you should) the case would be denied on the basis that beneficiary is not a conditional LPR.   The people who process I-751 cases seems to be the most gifted when it comes to math skills at USCIS. 

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The people who process I-751 cases seems to be the most gifted when it comes to math skills at USCIS. 

Wonder if they round up the group and shuffle them off.  "I'm gonna give you a letter so you can form two groups".  Goes through "A, B, A, B, A, B.  Alright, now split into your groups.  A Group, you're going to work for USCIS.  B Group, you're working for the SSA."

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

Wonder if they round up the group and shuffle them off.  "I'm gonna give you a letter so you can form two groups".  Goes through "A, B, A, B, A, B.  Alright, now split into your groups.  A Group, you're going to work for USCIS.  B Group, you're working for the SSA."

Based on how SSA has managed Covid, I’m sure that is not the case 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, mam521 said:

two groups

Make it three! The third group would be people that work at the DMV. I had the most horrible experience there. I went to renew my DL about three weeks before submitting my AOS. Of course, I had to take my passport. Once I left the office, I couldn't find it anywhere, so I went back to look for it. The lady at the front desk said that all documents lost and found go to her and "nobody brought me anything". I requested to speak to the guy at window 10 and she denied my request. Came back home and still my passport was missing. So I went again the next day and told them that I was not going to leave until they let me talk to the guy at window 10. Guess where my passport was?

SSA is a joke. I called during the pandemic (right before they decided to open their offices for appointments that required a green card) and I spent nearly a month trying to explain to them what a green card was. There was no way to have them understand that that is a very important document and that I was not going to mail it. Period. So I just contacted my Congressman and he managed to get an in- person appointment for me. 

Point is, I do understand your frustration. Ugh.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, mam521 said:

There's nothing you need to do. You said they corrected and sent the corrected card. Sometimes their system just doesn't catch up to  it self.
You are good. Next is either citizen or renew cards in 10 years.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Make it three! The third group would be people that work at the DMV.

Amen to this!  

I made an appointment with DPS for the first week they opened during covid.  I had my application and everything in hand.  Or so I thought.  I didn't have a copy of my truck insurance that had my name on it.  The insurance card had my husband's name because well, if you run the VIN you can't see that the vehicle is insured and who the insured are on the plan or anything... . I was upset (obviously) but I was also long past the 90 days in country with my foreign license.  Luckily, there was a state trooper standing there who said don't sweat it because you have a valid license and well, no one is going to give you a hard time.  

Ended up booking an appointment 2 or 3 weeks later at a DPS supercenter here in TX which any local will tell you is normally a disaster.  You take a number and wait to be called like cattle...it's a demoralizing experience.  This time, however, it was wonderful!  The lady that I worked with shook her head when I told her what the other office did and said it never should have gone that way.  She was easily able to get things switched around and actually fixed some other things in the system from my previous license when I was on my work visa that would more than likely have confused the other location personnel anyway.  

Lowest common denominator as my husband puts it.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
11 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

There's nothing you need to do. You said they corrected and sent the corrected card. Sometimes their system just doesn't catch up to  it self.
You are good. Next is either citizen or renew cards in 10 years.

Citizenship application will go in January 2023.  As you're all too familiar, Houston takes forever, so I'll take full advantage of the 3 years less 90 days to get that ball rolling!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, mam521 said:

so I'll take full advantage of the 3 years less 90 days to get that ball rolling!

Add 1 disadvantage day on your full advantage. Do not file N400 online on the very first eligibility day. Several people have been denied at the interview due to their system error reporting they filed 91st day early.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

10 hours ago, ra0010 said:

Make it three! The third group would be people that work at the DMV. I had the most horrible experience there. I went to renew my DL about three weeks before submitting my AOS. Of course, I had to take my passport. Once I left the office, I couldn't find it anywhere, so I went back to look for it. The lady at the front desk said that all documents lost and found go to her and "nobody brought me anything". I requested to speak to the guy at window 10 and she denied my request. Came back home and still my passport was missing. So I went again the next day and told them that I was not going to leave until they let me talk to the guy at window 10. Guess where my passport was?

SSA is a joke. I called during the pandemic (right before they decided to open their offices for appointments that required a green card) and I spent nearly a month trying to explain to them what a green card was. There was no way to have them understand that that is a very important document and that I was not going to mail it. Period. So I just contacted my Congressman and he managed to get an in- person appointment for me. 

Point is, I do understand your frustration. Ugh.

Why is no one taking a GUESS??? I say WINDOW 10! All my money is on that! lol

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.