makeitmine

Immigrant Visa - CONSULAR OFFICER REFUSED Application

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, makeitmine said:

Consular Officer have adjudicated the application rendering a decision of REFUSED. What is the remedy to have this reconsidered?

You will need to provide more context to get any kind of relevant response. What visa are you applying for? What happened at your interview? What did the CO tell you? Did you get any slip from the CO?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

You will need to provide more context to get any kind of relevant response. What visa are you applying for? What happened at your interview? What did the CO tell you? Did you get any slip from the CO?

I filed a I-130 at the time of approval he is 21 years old. I sent an email to the consular office that he won't be able to attend his interview and requested that it be extended. I did not received any slip nor coped with any slip from the CO? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, makeitmine said:

I filed a I-130 at the time of approval he is 21 years old. I sent an email to the consular office that he won't be able to attend his interview and requested that it be extended. I did not received any slip nor coped with any slip from the CO? 

The consulate is probably just rescheduling his interview, and it will show refused in the meantime. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your past posts indicate your son is not interested in pursuing the visa 

Did he inform the embassy that he was not interested?

What can u do?

encourage him to attend an interview if the embassy reschedules 

otherwise the case can go no further 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received the same message from the Ciudad Juarez Consulate for my two step/daughters I am sponsoring for their IR2 visa. I am a US citizen. They were “interviewed” at the Consulate in July of this year. Their biological father (my husband) accompanied them into the interview. We were all terribly excited and had been waiting for this day for over 2 years. The girls are now 14 and 18. Years before I had petitioned for my husband and a year later for his older daughter. I know, from experience, that you have to fit every I and cross every t. I went over every single document several times and felt confident there wouldn’t be any problems. There are now 2 interviews at the CJD Consulate. The first interview went very well and the Consulate Officer checked that every document was  there and complete . He gave them a pass to come back the next day for their final interview. The 2nd Consulate Officer was completely rude to them and asked them questions similar to what they asked my husband at his K1 interview like how he and I met and weird questions about me. My husband and I have have been happily married for almost 5 years. The Officer asked my husband for my Mexican passport, which I don’t have or never had. My husband explained that and offered my US passport. The Officer would not accept that and continued typing on a blue document, handed it to my husband and pretty much told them to leave and also told the girls that very few IR2 visas are ever approved. When my husband showed me the blue document he marked the girls were refused their visa due to Section 221g and he noted that the petitioner (which is me) must submit my Mexican passport (which my husband had explained I do not have) and also that I would need to send in my original certified birth certificate and my original certified divorce documents from my previous marriages. I should note that my last marriage was over 20 years ago.

Sadly, we all went home and I immediately got to work on getting every document he asked for except for the Mexican passport which I explained in a follow up letter that I never had. These documents had not been asked for prior to the interview. Finally I sent them to the Consulate via DHL Express . I received an email yesterday addressed to my 14 year old stepdaughter that they were returning documents to her via DHL Express to Tepic Mexico! They gave a tracking number. The Consulate knows my husband and I live in the United Stated. That is our address on the petition and I also sent them a letter along with my documents asking them to send the original certified documents back to me in the U.S. I should note that my husband and I are in possession of both their passports but the Consulate retained possession of their medical exams and biometrics. My husband got excited for a short time that maybe their visas were approved but then I checked information on the CEAC and it shows that they received and approved my birth certificate and divorce documents; however when I checked the current status of their visas it shows both cases were last reviewed a few days ago but in big black letters it states visas are REFUSED.

I would welcome some input on what all this could indicate. I have called every number I have found for the Consulate but never could get to s live person. Sorry this is so long!

2 hours ago, KikoandJudy said:

I received the same message from the Ciudad Juarez Consulate for my two step/daughters I am sponsoring for their IR2 visa. I am a US citizen. They were “interviewed” at the Consulate in July of this year. Their biological father (my husband) accompanied them into the interview. We were all terribly excited and had been waiting for this day for over 2 years. The girls are now 14 and 18. Years before I had petitioned for my husband and a year later for his older daughter. I know, from experience, that you have to fit every I and cross every t. I went over every single document several times and felt confident there wouldn’t be any problems. There are now 2 interviews at the CJD Consulate. The first interview went very well and the Consulate Officer checked that every document was  there and complete . He gave them a pass to come back the next day for their final interview. The 2nd Consulate Officer was completely rude to them and asked them questions similar to what they asked my husband at his K1 interview like how he and I met and weird questions about me. My husband and I have have been happily married for almost 5 years. The Officer asked my husband for my Mexican passport, which I don’t have or never had. My husband explained that and offered my US passport. The Officer would not accept that and continued typing on a blue document, handed it to my husband and pretty much told them to leave and also told the girls that very few IR2 visas are ever approved. When my husband showed me the blue document he marked the girls were refused their visa due to Section 221g and he noted that the petitioner (which is me) must submit my Mexican passport (which my husband had explained I do not have) and also that I would need to send in my original certified birth certificate and my original certified divorce documents from my previous marriages. I should note that my last marriage was over 20 years ago.

Sadly, we all went home and I immediately got to work on getting every document he asked for except for the Mexican passport which I explained in a follow up letter that I never had. These documents had not been asked for prior to the interview. Finally I sent them to the Consulate via DHL Express . I received an email yesterday addressed to my 14 year old stepdaughter that they were returning documents to her via DHL Express to Tepic Mexico! They gave a tracking number. The Consulate knows my husband and I live in the United Stated. That is our address on the petition and I also sent them a letter along with my documents asking them to send the original certified documents back to me in the U.S. I should note that my husband and I are in possession of both their passports but the Consulate retained possession of their medical exams and biometrics. My husband got excited for a short time that maybe their visas were approved but then I checked information on the CEAC and it shows that they received and approved my birth certificate and divorce documents; however when I checked the current status of their visas it shows both cases were last reviewed a few days ago but in big black letters it states visas are REFUSED.

I would welcome some input on what all this could indicate. I have called every number I have found for the Consulate but never could get to s live person. Sorry this is so long!

I think that at this point, you can write to your members of Congress. 

Asking for Mexican passport of the US citizen is pretty ridiculous.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Mod note- removed screenshot showing case number.  Please do not post your full name, email or postal address, case or phone number as scammers may use them. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

13 hours ago, KikoandJudy said:

With all due respect, you entirely missed the point of what your stepdaughters were being asked for. The 221g letter is addressed to them, not to you. The request is for their Mexican passports, not yours. Consular Officers generally request applicants' passports with documents when they believe a case is easily approvable after missing documents are supplied. In your case, you apparently did not send original or certified copies of your divorce decrees with your stepdaughters to your interview. This is a requirement for stepparents, as the Consulate needs to verify that you were legally eligible to marry their father. The request for your birth certificate is a bit unusual, but they're allowed to ask for whatever documents they feel they need. 

Since you did not send their passports in with the missing documents, the Consulate cannot issue and print the visas. I'm 99 percent sure that DHL has another refusal letter again requesting your stepdaughters' Mexican passports in order to print the visas. Again, the Consulate only sends things to applicants, so the DHL went to whatever location in Mexico you selected for them to receive information.

If your stepdaughters interviewed in July, there's a good chance their medical exams are about to expire and they'll need to have them done again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for your response. The 221g specifically asked for my Mexican passport. The Officer typed my name on the blue form.  I am further confused because I petitioned the visa as a U.S. citizen and if they actually read the petition they would have known that. It is on the first page of the petition.  Four years ago I petitioned for a fiancée k-1 visa and a few months after that I petitioned for my oldest stepdaughter to come into the United States. I had no similar problems or any problems with their visas. The Officer reviewed both my stepdaughter’s  visas and gave them back to their father. The Officer then asked my husband for my Mexican passport and my husband showed him my US passport and explained I did not have a Mexican passport. I sent a letter with my certified original birth certificate and my certified original divorce decrees. My last divorce was 26 years ago. I don’t know why the spotlight is on me.

11 hours ago, KikoandJudy said:

Thank you for your response. The 221g specifically asked for my Mexican passport. The Officer typed my name on the blue form.  I am further confused because I petitioned the visa as a U.S. citizen and if they actually read the petition they would have known that. It is on the first page of the petition.  Four years ago I petitioned for a fiancée k-1 visa and a few months after that I petitioned for my oldest stepdaughter to come into the United States. I had no similar problems or any problems with their visas. The Officer reviewed both my stepdaughter’s  visas and gave them back to their father. The Officer then asked my husband for my Mexican passport and my husband showed him my US passport and explained I did not have a Mexican passport. I sent a letter with my certified original birth certificate and my certified original divorce decrees. My last divorce was 26 years ago. I don’t know why the spotlight is on me.

I think you are misreading the form and that your husband misunderstood the officer. The letter is addressed to your stepdaughter. Your name is likely listed after the certified divorce decrees and the request for your birth certificate.  The Consulate is not asking for the Mexican passport of a U.S. citizen.

Like I said, I'm 99 percent sure that when the new refusal letters arrive by DHL, they're going to be requesting your stepdaughters' Mexican passports. The Consulate was likely ready to approve the visas after submission of the missing documents but can't because they don't have their passports. When you send the passports in, they will mostly like approve and print the visas if they medical exams haven't yet expired.

I also think your husband misunderstood whatever the officer said about IR-2 visas hardly ever being approved. Of the more than 8000 visas approved by Juarez in September, more than 900, or more than 10 percent, were CR-2 or IR-2. See https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/SEPTEMBER 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.