laylalex

Boise State professor: Don’t recruit women into engineering, medical school, law

46 posts in this topic

“Thus girls are told to become as independent as boys are said to be. … They are more medicated, meddlesome and quarrelsome than women need to be.”

He went on to condemn feminism and said its teaching of individualism is a fundamental threat to strong families.

He also said the country needs to “de-emphasize” its colleges and universities, and called universities “indoctrination camps” and “the citadels of our gynecocracy.”

“Young men must be respectable and responsible to inspire young women to be secure with feminine goals of homemaking and having children,” he said, adding that male achievement in the country is not “celebrated.” “Every effort must be made not to recruit women into engineering, but rather to recruit and demand more of men who become engineers. Ditto for med school, and the law, and every trade.”

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/education/article256193492.html

Maybe if they weren't trying to be doctors and engineers and lawyers they would be more comfortable with forced birth when Roe is overturned because then they can be happier achieving their feminine goals of homemaking and having children. 🙄

52 minutes ago, laylalex said:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/education/article256193492.html

Maybe if they weren't trying to be doctors and engineers and lawyers they would be more comfortable with forced birth when Roe is overturned because then they can be happier achieving their feminine goals of homemaking and having children. 🙄

Time machine to 1910

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

medicated, meddlesome and quarrelsome

Sounds like any given ex-wife whom anyone has ever had.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt California or Colorado will be banning abortions.

I did wonder what would happen with the 60/40? balance in favour of Women attending Universities. Seems a good time to be a bloke at University.

The Male Doctor marrying the Female Nurse is a bit if a trope, not sure I can see it happening the other way around. A lot of leftover women?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

Forced childbirth, forced vaccinations...  what's the difference?

Men have never experienced childbirth ?

Timeline
Just now, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

That comes across as a bit trans phobic

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I seriously doubt California or Colorado will be banning abortions.

I did wonder what would happen with the 60/40? balance in favour of Women attending Universities. Seems a good time to be a bloke at University.

The Male Doctor marrying the Female Nurse is a bit if a trope, not sure I can see it happening the other way around. A lot of leftover women?

I think the 1950s trope of going to university to find a spouse is no longer a thing. The bright young women I know going to college are there to become smarter, wiser and navigate a new world. 

As far as California and Colorado go, why should a young person in Idaho or Mississippi have different rights?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

I think the 1950s trope of going to university to find a spouse is no longer a thing. The bright young women I know going to college are there to become smarter, wiser and navigate a new world. 

As far as California and Colorado go, why should a young person in Idaho or Mississippi have different rights?

Well the trope I gave related to work environment. From my observation whilst we certainly have seen the emergence of strong independent women the other factors still come into play and I do not quite see how that will work through.

States do vary, try buying a gun in New York. Well certainly a concealed carry permit also a Supreme Court issue.

I think the UK had the same issue with Northern Ireland, and it does not make much sense to me banning abortion in a given State, you just make it mildly inconvenient to go to another State.

44 minutes ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Pms tampo is close

Timeline
1 minute ago, LIBrty4all said:

While I appreciate your candor, you just crossed about three lines that your party doesn't allow.  Please tread lightly!

No line crossed. The subject is abortion rights, the restrictions affect women alone.