Gunter

How to stop VAWA fraud [merged threads]

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Namibia
Timeline

Dose anyone here know how to Defend yourself in a VAWA fraud case?  I feel like im getting (removed) because there in no way to defend yourself in this situation.

I have no police record at all, and compleatley blown away with this.  I took my ex to dinner last week, and after a couple glasses of wine. she had a slip of the tounge , and told me she had been planing this for 10 months.

She choose to stay at a shelter, because they are offing her free education, lawyer, Medical, remodeling her appartment they pay for, money for food, and money in her pocket. anything, and everything she could every want, and an easy path to get a green card.  "YES i did withdraw the affidavid of support" 

Still this is compleatly wrong, because i still support her financially. gave her a used cadillac escallade, money, phone, any needs she may have, but i wasnt left, for another man, but a shelter for women.

I have lots of evidence that nothing happend, with text messages, Facebook messages, Financial records, but who do you send them too, someone please point me in the right direction.

Honestly is its insane, because it a total free ride, and is a complete loop whole in the K-1 Visa, and Addjustment OF Statis " Green Card"

Edited by Ontarkie
by-passing language filter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration, from AOS from K1 P&P - as similar threads are discussed here.~~

~~Post also edited for by-passing language filter. It is a TOS Violation to by pass the sites language filter. Please do not do that again.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can send tour evidence to the same address you sent the I 864 withdrawal

Good luck

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I was wondering, if withdrawing the adjustment of status will affect a VAWA case? 

if it’s withdrawn before the VAWA application is submitted, will it have a negative impact, or no impact at all? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No impact at all

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Who is withdrawing their I485?

I485 is filed by the foreign beneficiary. The USC spouse has nothing to do with that application and cannot withdraw someone else's I485.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

• TBoneTX changed the title to How to stop VAWA fraud [merged threads]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two related threads have been merged.  Gunter, please post any further questions in THIS thread -- don't start another.  Thanks.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I was in a similar situation. My understanding is that you (the accused) will have no input in the VAWA case. They won't contact you. They won't ask for evidence. They won't even tell you that a VAWA accusation has been filed or whether it is resolved one way or the other. On the bright side, it's also not supposed to affect you in any way (though I can't imagine how a black mark like that in your record could just be ignored if you ever do a K1 or some such with someone else). It turns out that once someone sets foot on American soil with a K1, they really don't have to leave as long as they are willing to make up a good story.

Clearly, protections are absolutely needed for victims of abuse. It's a shame that the current system is so easily subverted and manipulated. It's doing a real disservice to those who genuinely need the assistance.

On a related note, you said that you withdrew the I-864.

Did you ever get any confirmation of that? I sent in the letters requesting a withdrawal back in September, and have sent follow up letters as well, but have heard nothing back. I would really like to know, for sure, that it has been cancelled.

Does she have any proof of abuse?  If she doesn't have any proof they should deny it.  If she does, well she deserves it.  Anyway, why do you care if she files VAWA?  It won't affect you in any way. Cut her off and let her do what she wants.  

Timeline

Eric—Pris..

she has no evidence, and is looking to entrap me for something to stick. I care because I have a child , who has mental disabilities.

I had to go to the local police station, and write a statement of what’s going on. Just in case something comes up, her friends are going as far as recording me in church, when I’m praying.

it really sucks having to document everything in my day, and allow an app to track my location at all times. 

this is more then me, and my once relationships with my ex.   

28 minutes ago, Gunter said:

she has no evidence, and is looking to entrap me for something to stick. I care because I have a child , who has mental disabilities.

Not sure how having a child with mental disabilities is relevant here.  Even if a VAWA case is filed with USCIS naming you as the abuser, it cannot be used against you for anything not related to US immigration.  The most you can do is to physically stay away from your ex and to communicate with her only through your divorce lawyer, so you do not give her any opportunity to have actual evidence of abuse.

Edited by Chancy
clarification

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gunter said:

Eric—Pris..

I had to go to the local police station, and write a statement of what’s going on. Just in case something comes up, her friends are going as far as recording me in church, when I’m praying.

it really sucks having to document everything in my day, and allow an app to track my location at all times. 

this is more then me, and my once relationships with my ex.   

Time to get a restraining order. Recording you without your permission is against the law in many states. Even if it wasn't the constant following you around is harassment.  Get a restraining order on your ex and her friend, her friends harassing you can get her in trouble too. 

If any of this is happening around your child get that in the protection order. Do it for your child. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

You say you have a tracker monitoring your location. Have you been charged with a criminal offense or arrested concerning this supposed VAWA incident?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.