beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,272 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ACAS said:

has anyone started their N400 process? My ROC is currently being process at LIN and it seems that they are currently processing May 2021 applications. would it be better to wait till my ROC is approved or should I just go ahead and do it?

It all depends how urgently you want to naturalize. If you file N-400, your case is going to be sent to field office and result in I-751 interview (most likely). 

8 hours ago, ACAS said:

has anyone started their N400 process? My ROC is currently being process at LIN and it seems that they are currently processing May 2021 applications. would it be better to wait till my ROC is approved or should I just go ahead and do it?

If your intention is to get US citizenship then you might as well. I would suggest anyone who has a WAC case to wait but for anyone else it makes sense to file N-400.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
23 minutes ago, ODATT said:

WTH is with USCIS and processing times. Yesterday WAC was at 10.5 months and now it is 12.5 and the earliest we can ask USCIS about the case is now July 2023. This is ridiculous.

Just saw it! This is so nerve breaking! Inquiry date for me is now July 16th 2023! UNBELIEVABLE 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

EAC (super slow as it is) went up from 16.5 to 18 months and now my earliest inquiry date is July 2023. This is just insanity. i am sure tehya re busy processing Venezuela, Ukraine tec which is freaking ridiculous. 

Edited by skapali

1 hour ago, ODATT said:

WTH is with USCIS and processing times. Yesterday WAC was at 10.5 months and now it is 12.5 and the earliest we can ask USCIS about the case is now July 2023. This is ridiculous.

The 10.5 month timeline didn't seem realistic anyway.  They were handling October 2021 cases in October 2022, suggesting it was taking them 12 months to process.  At least it provides clarity on what I thought was already the case.

The strange thing for me is that this is a 6 month moving average, which means they removed the data for April 2022 and added October 2022, and that caused the average to jump by 2 months? That would mean either the number for April 2022 was very low or very high for October.

and Potomac is now 25.5

And the worst part is that Attorneys recommend for the conditions to be removed before applying for Citizenship

How can it take so long to process a form, which should take no more than 45 minutes with only 4 outcomes:, send an RFE, approve, send for additional interview, or deny? We have paid $680 for this service.

I feel they are expediting other forms on the back of the I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Rafagus said:

and Potomac is now 25.5

And the worst part is that Attorneys recommend for the conditions to be removed before applying for Citizenship

How can it take so long to process a form, which should take no more than 45 minutes with only 4 outcomes:, send an RFE, approve, send for additional interview, or deny? We have paid $680 for this service.

I feel they are expediting other forms on the back of the I-751

I hear you. You know what really bugs me? That AOS is now approved at lightning speed. Don't get me wrong, I do think that AOS should be fast so that people could work and travel, but there should be a solid processing time accross the board. 3 months for one process vs 26 months for another sounds ridiculous.

Also, I have seen two cases for ROC at LIN approved in 22 days one and the other one in three months. Both were filed after me. Again, I am happy for them, but it should be done on a first come, first served basis. Not fair.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

The good thing for WAC filers in this thread is that we should be seeing approvals fairly soon even with the increased processing times.  We saw most WAC filers in the October thread getting approved so now it's our turn.  However there's a good chance the processing times will keep regressing so for filers from later months it might end up taking longer than even the 12.5 months 

12 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Moe428 based on what I've seen so far, WAC filers with numbers ending 15600 or below are being processed right now. Which corresponds to early November 2021 filers.

Is there a way to scan the cases besides manually inputting the numbers? I inputted maybe 50 numbers and probably 80% of them were not I751 cases.

8 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

Is there a way to scan the cases besides manually inputting the numbers? I inputted maybe 50 numbers and probably 80% of them were not I751 cases.

I used app called CaseTrack and it allows searching closest 50 cases. Then you can filter by type of case (I-751)

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I used app called CaseTrack and it allows searching closest 50 cases. Then you can filter by type of case (I-751)

@Moe428I have used Case Tracker in the past. It allows you to search 500 cases. So, take your case number and subtract 250 from it and you will see status of 250 cases before and 250 cases past yours. 

Edited by SoCal2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.