Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, thenextman said:

I don't know about IR5. For our IR1, we just used the guidelines on the I864 instructions which say: "You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission or adjustment of status." And we wrote a letter to that affect and uploaded to the NVC.

It sounds like you are on the right path with opening a bank account, registering for school....

IR5 is visa for parents of US citizen and there is no cap just like IR1. They basically look for concrete steps that shows that you are moving to U.S before or at the time you appear for interview. It is also written in their guidelines

Edited by Leo The Great

1 hour ago, thenextman said:

I don't know about IR5. For our IR1, we just used the guidelines on the I864 instructions which say: "You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant’s admission or adjustment of status." And we wrote a letter to that affect and uploaded to the NVC.

It sounds like you are on the right path with opening a bank account, registering for school....

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Question: 

It looks like your petitioner is spouse and  is living in Canada. What document did you submit to nvc  and bring with you to Montreal embassy to prove your spouse US domicile?

It looks like many have responded and basically said the same thing that I would. 

We sent them statements from her US bank account and US investments. Additionally we showed that she had been licensed in the US and sent pictures of her passport. 

We wrote a letter explaining why my wife hadn't filed her taxes as well and all of that seemed to satisfy their needs. 

20 hours ago, Ecw3556 said:

Theres no uniqueness at all unfortunately. Hoping for something soon! 

I will update when or if it ever comes haha

Hello Everyone,

I am documentarily Qualified on April 27th, 2023. Visa category is CR1, Montreal Consulate. My priority date is Jan 18th, 2022. Whenever I login to CEAC account it still says “Your Case is at NVC”. I’m wondering is it normal till the interview is scheduled or there’s something wrong with it? Could anyone please provide guidance on this issue. I would really appreciate your inputs.

Also, does priority date has anything to do with the early interview letter release or still has to wait till consulate schedule the April 2023 DQ’ed applicants until they start looking into April qualified persons?

5 hours ago, llcoolwil said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I find this thread is getting really confusing with non-CR1/IR1 folks posting their DQ and interview dates. @bobo123 I recommend using the appropriate thread posted above by mam251.

I understand that you mentioned the other thread isn't getting updates, but this thread won't help you get the information you need as this is CR1 and IR1. 

Thanks!! 

Agreed, I understand it’s an incredibly frustrating process but comparing non CR1/IR1 timelines to others is apples to oranges. 

It’s an entirely different game with different rules and it can cause some confusion for IR/CR1 folks. 

On that same note… any ILs received this week haha? 

1 hour ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Agreed, I understand it’s an incredibly frustrating process but comparing non CR1/IR1 timelines to others is apples to oranges. 

It’s an entirely different game with different rules and it can cause some confusion for IR/CR1 folks. 

On that same note… any ILs received this week haha? 

DQ’ed feb 13 still waiting, hoping to hear something this week

Timeline
1 minute ago, llcoolwil said:

Not for me - but again I'm April 5th so I wasn't expecting one. I haven't heard a thing about others yet either though. 

Nothing for me either! DQ march 1st. I really had hope for an IL this month. 

Timeline

Nothing for me either! DQ Feb 17th- Starting to get super bummed out about it however there is a comfort knowing that lots of us are in the same boat! fingers crossed for some news this week or next!!!

Timeline

FINALLY!!!! Interview letter came in at 3AM last night!! DQ Feb 17th. Interview date- July 12th 8.15AM! 

I hope lots of others got their letters too! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.