Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, llcoolwil said:

I'm DQ'd so I'm thinking of this too. I'm only an hour away from Montreal but with the horror stories I've heard of delays for visa, I'll likely drive to Toronto for medical instead just for peace of mind. 

Telus Health seems "good enough", but just allow 10-15 business days for the results to get to the consulate before your interview

Good luck!

9 hours ago, Gurpreet01 said:

Hello everyone,

Anybody received an interview letter DQ’ed feb/2023? Seems like they have sent interview letters yesterday and I think we got skipped. DQ’ed feb 13/23. Still waiting.

I was DQ'ed Feb. 1/23. Received my interview letter Wednesday night. June 26 interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/14/2023 at 10:03 AM, bal13 said:

I was DQ'ed Feb. 1/23. Received my interview letter Wednesday night. June 26 interview

We also have a June 26th interview! We were DQ'ed Jan 27th, 2023.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all! So we just got our interview date and I'm trying to plan out our move afterwards (knock on wood everything goes well at the interview) and while I know the estimate the embassy gives is two weeks before we receive his passport, is that actually typical? I've seen some people say they got it three days later, but I'm wondering if that's common?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, DijonMustard said:

Hi all! So we just got our interview date and I'm trying to plan out our move afterwards (knock on wood everything goes well at the interview) and while I know the estimate the embassy gives is two weeks before we receive his passport, is that actually typical? I've seen some people say they got it three days later, but I'm wondering if that's common?

I had my interview on Wednesday, March 22, and my passport was ready for me to go pick it up in Montreal two days later! I saw on a previous post that they usually release them on Fridays; I don't know if that is true, but it was for me.

According to the Google sheet, it seems to usually go faster than two weeks, but it really depends on your case—other users had issues at the interview or didn't get their medical results in time, which resulted in delays. We had to leave our house before the interview, and I had reserved temporary lodgings until the 28th. Fortunately that was enough for us! But it's stressful not to know. Good luck!

Timeline

Just trying to go through the thread to see where ILs are at. Looks like it was end of Jan/Early Feb got their letters last week, right? I wonder what DQ day was the cut off so I can try to get a realistic expectation for mine. I only DQd April 5 so I am thinking I'll probably get mine in July. Would be nice to know many people people get DQ'd per month though! 

Congrats on everyone who get their date and I hope everything goes super smooth at the interviews :)

6 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Just trying to go through the thread to see where ILs are at. Looks like it was end of Jan/Early Feb got their letters last week, right? I wonder what DQ day was the cut off so I can try to get a realistic expectation for mine. I only DQd April 5 so I am thinking I'll probably get mine in July. Would be nice to know many people people get DQ'd per month though! 

Congrats on everyone who get their date and I hope everything goes super smooth at the interviews :)

It might not strictly answer your question, but there are statistics published for the number of visas issued every month. 

In February, Montreal issued 20 CR1 visas and 78 IR1 visas. January, around 170 total, December around 120 total. November around 140.

My guess is that people are DQ'd by the NVC in order, but interviews are scheduled according to the capacity of the consulate which seems to be around 100-150 visas per month. Like I said, just a guess...

12 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Have you seen the spreadsheet

Timeline
Just now, thenextman said:

Have you seen the spreadsheet

Thanks for the stats site!! That's great :) I have seen the spreadsheet but it's hard to know how up to date it is - mine says I'm still at Nebraska but I got moved to Potomac and then to NVC in March. It's definitely a great tool to see the past times :) 

33 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Thanks for the stats site!! That's great :) I have seen the spreadsheet but it's hard to know how up to date it is - mine says I'm still at Nebraska but I got moved to Potomac and then to NVC in March. It's definitely a great tool to see the past times :) 

Yes, it might not be quite current; I know the user that maintains the spreadsheet does so in their spare time. 

The average DQ -> IL seems to track at around 90 days (and that corresponds with what NVC themselves say for processing). You should probably expect to receive your IL in July or August.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, thenextman said:

Yes, it might not be quite current; I know the user that maintains the spreadsheet does so in their spare time. 

The average DQ -> IL seems to track at around 90 days (and that corresponds with what NVC themselves say for processing). You should probably expect to receive your IL in July or August.

Good luck!

@Hawk Riders does keep the spreadsheet pretty up to date.  As long as you've properly filled out your timeline and have requested updates to be made, they are.  However, if Hawk Riders is not tagged with the updates, they may miss them - the forum is a fast moving place.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Currently waiting for IL with a DQ of March 16th, hopeful to have our interview completed some time in July or August. 

In the anticipation of the upcoming medical exam, I have started to get my immunization records in order.

In doing so I was able to gather that in Ontario this month suspension letters were sent out, these are for students who do not have up to date vaccines to attend school. With this, the public immunization clinics are flooded and I could not get an appointment to even see someone before July. 

Luckily I was able to find a third party provider that you can pay to get vaccines completed. Just sharing here for those in the same boat to be weary of this as appointments are hard to come by!

Yours in waiting,

9 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Currently waiting for IL with a DQ of March 16th, hopeful to have our interview completed some time in July or August. 

In the anticipation of the upcoming medical exam, I have started to get my immunization records in order.

In doing so I was able to gather that in Ontario this month suspension letters were sent out, these are for students who do not have up to date vaccines to attend school. With this, the public immunization clinics are flooded and I could not get an appointment to even see someone before July. 

Luckily I was able to find a third party provider that you can pay to get vaccines completed. Just sharing here for those in the same boat to be weary of this as appointments are hard to come by!

Yours in waiting,

Good advice! Make sure you're clear on what vaccines are needed; not everything is needed for all age groups.

Good luck

1 minute ago, thenextman said:

Good advice! Make sure you're clear on what vaccines are needed; not everything is needed for all age groups.

Good luck

Fortunate to have some medical professionals in the family so made figuring out what I needed a little easier! 

Blown away by how busy the public clinics were, glad I was proactive. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.