Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Required vaccinations for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID.  Details here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

If you've had chickenpox before, the clinic may take your word for it and not require Varicella vaccine.  Full series of shots for COVID will be required prior to the medical, but boosters not required for immigration purposes.

Thank you very much! This chart is very clear.

Richard

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Required vaccinations for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID.  Details here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

If you've had chickenpox before, the clinic may take your word for it and not require Varicella vaccine.  Full series of shots for COVID will be required prior to the medical, but boosters not required for immigration purposes.

I took a detailed look at your answer and the chart, maybe you can help with some follow up questions!

- I had Td/Tdap as a young child and have a record of that, but as far as I can tell, was never boosted. Do you understand how to interpret the notes on the chart? 

YES, substitute 1-time dose of Tdap for Td booster; then boost with Td or Tdap every 10 years

- I know I had the MMR shot, but don't have a record. I suppose I will have to get this one again.

- I did have chickenpox as a child, and I have the medical record showing that one so hopefully I'm in the clear there.

- I haven't had a flu shot. It says:

(annually when flu vaccine is available in country of exam)

Does anyone know when the flu vaccine is available in Canada? I thought this would be easy to find out, but I can't see that information anywhere.

Thanks again!

Visa Approved on Jan 3, Montreal. Entire process just took 20 minutes. Both officers were very friendly. @Hawk Riders - I updated my timeline. thanks

I've few queries after visa approval

1. Do we have any sealed packet to be given at POE ? - (I think it's electronic, can anyone confirm)

2. Do I've to apply for SSN, Green Card separately. I gave Yes in DS-260 for some field

3. I've an urgent travel plan abroad after entering US. any issues if I leave immeditely (3-4 days) after activating visa ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, okkal said:

Visa Approved on Jan 3, Montreal. Entire process just took 20 minutes. Both officers were very friendly. @Hawk Riders - I updated my timeline. thanks

I've few queries after visa approval

1. Do we have any sealed packet to be given at POE ? - (I think it's electronic, can anyone confirm)

2. Do I've to apply for SSN, Green Card separately. I gave Yes in DS-260 for some field

3. I've an urgent travel plan abroad after entering US. any issues if I leave immeditely (3-4 days) after activating visa ?

congratulations! that’s so exciting for you and your family. 

the whole process was 20 min from when you walked in the door? or just when you spoke to the officers? 

1 hour ago, NYQC said:

congratulations! that’s so exciting for you and your family. 

the whole process was 20 min from when you walked in the door? or just when you spoke to the officers? 

From the moment I stepped into the security check, till exit the building. Consular officer took only 5 minutes. I reached 30 minutes early, but allowed only 10 minutes prior appointment time. I went to nearest coffee shop to spend the time.

Edited by okkal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, thenextman said:

I took a detailed look at your answer and the chart, maybe you can help with some follow up questions!

- I had Td/Tdap as a young child and have a record of that, but as far as I can tell, was never boosted. Do you understand how to interpret the notes on the chart? 

- I know I had the MMR shot, but don't have a record. I suppose I will have to get this one again.

- I did have chickenpox as a child, and I have the medical record showing that one so hopefully I'm in the clear there.

- I haven't had a flu shot. It says:

Does anyone know when the flu vaccine is available in Canada? I thought this would be easy to find out, but I can't see that information anywhere.

Thanks again!

You will need the Tdap booster. It's something you should have been getting every 10yrs. They will not complete the medical without all the age appropriate vaccines are started ( like HepB you need to have at least 1 started and can finish them stateside) Covid needs to have been completed if it is a two shot one, unless its the JJ one shot one then you're done. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

You will need the Tdap booster. It's something you should have been getting every 10yrs. They will not complete the medical without all the age appropriate vaccines are started ( like HepB you need to have at least 1 started and can finish them stateside) Covid needs to have been completed if it is a two shot one, unless its the JJ one shot one then you're done. 

Awesome, thank you.

I just discovered I got a Tdap booster in August 2013 (before international travel). So as long as my medical is before August this year it sounds like I should be good.

I have the two-dose covid shot.

So that just leaves flu - do you know when they stop giving that shot in Canada?

For the MMR, you wrote "They will not complete the medical without all the age appropriate vaccines are started". Will they be able to give me the shot at the medical appointment, or I should seek it before? Same for the flu.

FTR I'm not opposed to getting the vaccines. My major concern is being prepared for the appointment and having everything I need taken care of ahead of time. It's been a long road and I don't want to make it longer.

Thanks again!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, thenextman said:

Awesome, thank you.

I just discovered I got a Tdap booster in August 2013 (before international travel). So as long as my medical is before August this year it sounds like I should be good.

I have the two-dose covid shot.

So that just leaves flu - do you know when they stop giving that shot in Canada?

For the MMR, you wrote "They will not complete the medical without all the age appropriate vaccines are started". Will they be able to give me the shot at the medical appointment, or I should seek it before? Same for the flu.

FTR I'm not opposed to getting the vaccines. My major concern is being prepared for the appointment and having everything I need taken care of ahead of time. It's been a long road and I don't want to make it longer.

Thanks again!!

Get anything your missing before the medical. It will save time and money.

Not all the clinics do vaccines so they may send you back to your doctor, if they do offer vaccines they will charge you for them. Most of the time if you get them from your doctor or health unit they will be covered. 

I can never remember when they Flu season is over and they stop in Canada. I want to say something like March/April but I could be wrong. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

9 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Get anything your missing before the medical. It will save time and money.

Not all the clinics do vaccines so they may send you back to your doctor, if they do offer vaccines they will charge you for them. Most of the time if you get them from your doctor or health unit they will be covered. 

I can never remember when they Flu season is over and they stop in Canada. I want to say something like March/April but I could be wrong. 

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:39 AM, okkal said:

Congrats on your approval! I am also curious about this question. I checked the same field in some form (I don't even remember which one anymore lol) but, I am wondering what happens now? I created a USCIS account to track my I-551 Permanent Resident Card which is apparently supposed to come within 90 days (most likely sooner I'm assuming). But, what about the SSN? Does anybody know anything about that?

29 minutes ago, kryptonite said:

Congrats on your approval! I am also curious about this question. I checked the same field in some form (I don't even remember which one anymore lol) but, I am wondering what happens now? I created a USCIS account to track my I-551 Permanent Resident Card which is apparently supposed to come within 90 days (most likely sooner I'm assuming). But, what about the SSN? Does anybody know anything about that?

I received my SSN within a few days of landing in the US.  I'm still waiting on my greencard however. 

On 12/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, Chancy said:

"Voluntary departure" would not be a good term to use for what you described, and not a term anyone would want to mention to the consulate.  "Allowed to informally withdraw a request for admission" might be better (as opposed to a formal withdrawal which involves signing form I-275).  "Voluntary departure" is an actual legal term for the process used by out-of-status aliens in removal proceedings to leave the US at their own expense, instead of being forcibly deported by ICE.  If asked by the consulate about being denied entry at the border, visa applicants should not give the wrong impression that they were ever out of status or under removal proceedings in the US.

Apologies to bring this up again, but I finally saw my FOIA request complete from DHS.  All I have is an almost entirely blank I-213 form, from a COVID-19 land crossing that was attempted but failed (when the border was closed to US non-residents/citizens).  There's only basics like name, and such.  At the bottom it does say "Withdrawal (WD2)".  I'm assuming this means voluntary departure, as that is exactly what we did.  Just turned around, and went back to Canada.

Googling, most people that have real issues with DHS have what appears to be a whole rap sheet of details - physical appearance, criminal history, etc.  This one I received provides almost zero info about the incident, beyond date/time.

I'm assuming that is a good thing?

Tagging @Chancy and @mam521

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

At the bottom it does say "Withdrawal (WD2)".  I'm assuming this means voluntary departure, as that is exactly what we did.  Just turned around, and went back to Canada.

"Withdrawal (WD2)" is ok.  It means you were allowed by CBP to withdraw your request for admission to the US and return to Canada without any ban.

"Voluntary Departure" is bad.  In US immigration terms, that means a person who is out of status in the US and under removal proceedings, chose to leave before being forcefully deported by ICE.  You did not go through voluntary departure as you did not even enter the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.