Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, JSmith15 said:

When the Montreal Consulate website cites "most IR/fiance visa cases being scheduled for interview ... were DQ at NC in February 2022", any idea or data on what % of the February DQ gets the IL? 51%? 95%? Or any idea if you are less likely to get the IL if you were DQ'ed towards the end of February?

I was looking at this today and wondering as well. We were DQ’d today so was trying to gauge timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, darth vader said:

Clarification on something in the FAQ (BTW cant thank you guys enough for maintaining the FAQ doc).

Can I bring a bag?

Small bags are ok, but large bags are not allowed and cannot be stored at the consulate.

Are cloth style grocery carrying bags ok to carry documents in? or only plastic bags are preferable.

If there's nothing else in it and it's say, the small or medium sized bag from Superstore versus the large sized one that they or Walrmart sell, should be fine.  We used a zippered flexi folder since I had 3 petitions in hand. Only take what's on the list for Montreal.  

14 hours ago, ellen_yvr said:

I was looking at this today and wondering as well. We were DQ’d today so was trying to gauge timeline.

Timelines are a crapshoot since covid.  All you can do is look at the spreadsheet and make an educated guess.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
15 hours ago, darth vader said:

Clarification on something in the FAQ (BTW cant thank you guys enough for maintaining the FAQ doc).

Can I bring a bag?

Small bags are ok, but large bags are not allowed and cannot be stored at the consulate.

Are cloth style grocery carrying bags ok to carry documents in? or only plastic bags are preferable.

I carried a medium sized cloth style grocery bag. No problem.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
On 4/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

"This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p."

This message does not prevent you being DQ'ed.  (I know from experience.)  But it will likely stop you at the interview if you have not figured out a solution before then.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

"Please submit Ximena's Evidence of Income. For more information, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin."

This would concern me more than the previous comment, since generally specific requests require action before advancing.

There is a discrepancy between i-864 instructions and DOS interview instructions regarding tax return copy from own records. I-864 says you need to submit tax return with all schedules, 1099 and W-2s while DOS website says that you only need to bring 1040 to the interview. People who have interviewed recently - did you get asked for just 1040 or W-2s as well at the interview? Were they required separately or everything in one document?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, lalove said:

There is a discrepancy between i-864 instructions and DOS interview instructions regarding tax return copy from own records. I-864 says you need to submit tax return with all schedules, 1099 and W-2s while DOS website says that you only need to bring 1040 to the interview. People who have interviewed recently - did you get asked for just 1040 or W-2s as well at the interview? Were they required separately or everything in one document?

I was not asked for anything. If you upload all required documents on CEAC, they don’t usually ask for anything. Irregardless carry everything in case you are asked for it.

Separate or together is not important. Just have the documents with you and organised in a way you can pull it up and hand it over quickly if and when needed.

Timeline

We have submitted all of our paperwork January 28th 2022. We did use a US Immigration lawyer to ensure all is done correctly. With the link of NVC timeline document reviews, it seems as though we should hear back about our DQ'd status soon. Do we get an email or an actual letter in the mail to let us know we are DQ'd and for our interview letter? Also a side question, what is anyones success with using an Immigration Lawyer? Did you notice any difference or boost in time with using one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYQC said:

We have submitted all of our paperwork January 28th 2022. We did use a US Immigration lawyer to ensure all is done correctly. With the link of NVC timeline document reviews, it seems as though we should hear back about our DQ'd status soon. Do we get an email or an actual letter in the mail to let us know we are DQ'd and for our interview letter? Also a side question, what is anyones success with using an Immigration Lawyer? Did you notice any difference or boost in time with using one?

Your I-130 will be approved soon (USCIS), but then you have to submit your DS-260 (NVC). Once it’s approved, it gets sent to the Consulate for interview. 

Notices come via email. Guessing your info will go to your lawyer. 

Lawyer makes no difference in the timeline. It’s like taking a number at IKEA for returns. Your case will be addressed in the order it’s received. Sometimes the lawyers can cause more headaches than DIY’ers. 

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
2 hours ago, NYQC said:

We got an email, as did our lawyer, for both DQ and interview letter. Immigration lawyer won't speed anything up, but they're great to have if any complications arise. If anything a lawyer will slow you down as they are working on hundreds of cases and when it comes down to helping someone who is about to be deported, or a spousal visa where everyone is safe, your case isn't going to be the priority. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
25 minutes ago, MiloPinkman said:

Any IL this month yet? I really need mine this month lol DQ on Nov 18th

Nothing on our end, fingers crossed the IL’s come out soon and we both get one! 🤞

Just finished the interview, it went well. My appointment was for 8:15 and I arrived just after 8. There was a line outside and they were calling everyone in one at a time. Most people there had their appointment times after me, so I moved ahead of them to the front of the line. There's no indication on the outside of where the consulate is, just a logo on the glass door inside. I walked by the day before to make sure I knew where to go. 

After being let into the building they asked me if I was fully compliant with COVID protocols, checked my passport, gave me my number, had me turn off my phone, and ran me through airport-like security. I put my phone in the small locker and went up to the first floor. 

I waited just over an hour for my number to be called the first time. They took all my original documents and one photo, then verified our addresses and phone numbers for both my husband and I. They took all my fingerprints and gave me the domestic abuse pamphlet as well. I overheard someone else being asked for a drivers license as proof of their Canadian address, but I was not asked for that.

The kept the originals and sent me back to my seat. About 20 minutes later I was called up again and they had me swear an oath that everything I said was true, and took fingerprints as a digital signature of the oath. The officer asked if I understood the pamphlet and then asked:

• How did you meet
  • When did you get married
  • Have you been married before
  • Have you been arrested or convicted of a crime before
  • Where else have you lived other than Canada
  • Where have you travelled in the last 5 years

Then he said all looked good and he intended to approve my visa. He gave me my documents back and kept my passport, and said it would be about 2-3 weeks for me to get my passport back with the visa. 

It was a smooth experience overall, the only complaint was that the security guard in the waiting room was very rude and unpleasant. He approached an older gentleman asking if he was watching for his number and said he thought it was very odd that he was still sitting there. The gentleman's number wasn't even close to being called, he had been there for less time than I had. I thought it was really rude and unnecessary and I hope it didn't intimidate him before his interview. 

This forum has been a saving grace through this whole process, so thank you all

Timeline

HI everyone, We finally crossed the Peace Bridge on March 18 and wow! it took less time than when I had my tourist visa LOL

They asked me for my new address and away we went from Buffalo to Chandler, Arizona. I feel amazing, I feel free and happy now that I regained my freedom.

It  was a hell of a roadtrip with a Penske truck hauling a jeep with 12 miles /gallon on the most expensive price of gas in history. 

Has ANYONE THAT RECENTLY LEFT CANADA RECEIVED THEIR SSN????? I really need it  to file our taxes MARRIED-JOINT and I don't want to file for an extension.

Yes, I checked the box in the application so it should come in the mail.

Goodness you don't know how easy it was to get my drivers license here!!!! it took like 5 minutes and the mothertrucking price lol $10, I almost cried . She asked for my Ontario DL  and I told her I asked for a refund, DMV lady couldn't believe in Ontario the total amount I paid for a G was $159 and that they failed me for not putting a hand brake in non-mountainous territory, long story short I ended up with a G2 but I gave up and asked for a refund since G tests were months away at that point.  Luckily I  got almost all of it $$$ back. 

HAS ANYONE RECEIVED THEIR GC???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.