Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, DGF said:

You don't have an i94 anymore. SSA doesn't know what to do with visas, they took one look at my IR1 and asked me to come back with proof of my work authorization and I had to point out that it says on my visa that it evidences permanent resident status for 1 year. As long as you have your visa and the corresponding stamp in your passport you're good. If you don't, then you'll probably need to go to the nearest USCIS office to get it fixed, but my money is on the SSA screwing up, not USCIS (and that's saying a lot). 

Yep. After a few phone calls yesterday you are exactly right! UGH! I knew deep down she was wrong but left anyways. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarpor4 said:

Yep. After a few phone calls yesterday you are exactly right! UGH! I knew deep down she was wrong but left anyways. 

Unfortunately, the people employed by the SSA seem to be lowest common denominator and are lacking in training.  The local person here also tried to tell me the MRIV wasn't good enough, despite it saying right on the SSA website that the MRIV is perfectly fine.  That's why I also remind people that they don't require the SSN to work if they have the stamped I-551 in their passport.  The I9 instructions state this for employers but often HR aren't well versed in the instructions, either.  The SSN is so the IRS get paid.  As long as the employer is withholding taxes appropriately, then you can get your SSN on file whenever within the tax year.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 3/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, Colorado bound said:

If anyone has insight into "activating" my wife's IR1 visa at the POE of Peace Bridge or Rainbow Bridge, please let me know what we are supposed to do.

The expiration date is April 22nd. We are going to be moving in May, but live in the GTA so we need to drive to the border with her passport and do what exactly? I'll bring the immigration file, but really is anything required other than the passport?

Do we go to the regular border guard and explain the situation or is there another dedicated area before then?

Is there a difference between Peace Bridge and Rainbow Bridge for these services?

I see it needs to be done M-F before 3pm. We are just planning on going there and driving back afterward. 

I tried to search this topic and went through the FAQ's but didn't see an answer, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bring your chest xray CD as well...they might not ask for it but I just had my medical at Dr. Cheema's office and they told me we're supposed to have it with us at POE in case they ask for it.

I had my medical exam at Dr. Cheema's office yesterday, the whole process took 2 hours from start to finish. They had me fill out forms (personal info, address, intended US address, etc.) and took photos in the office (rather than me submitting any passport photos). I submitted my vaccination records at the front desk, and they asked me if I had chicken pox as a kid and at what age. Then Dr. Cheema saw me for the check up and asked about medical history. 

After that they sent me to Life Labs for blood work and then over to an imaging place nearby for chest xrays. 

It was a positive experience overall and they answered all of my questions. They are sending my xray CD and vaccine record to my home address and told me to bring the CD with me when I cross the border.  

5 hours ago, cgy2cali said:

Bring your chest xray CD as well...they might not ask for it but I just had my medical at Dr. Cheema's office and they told me we're supposed to have it with us at POE in case they ask for it.

Are we still getting chest x-ray CDs? I thought the whole process was electronic now and was sent directly to the consulate. Dr. Mascarenhas did not mention anything about x-ray CD to me.

1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Are we still getting chest x-ray CDs? I thought the whole process was electronic now and was sent directly to the consulate. Dr. Mascarenhas did not mention anything about x-ray CD to me.

That's what Dr. Cheema's office told me to do. Maybe it's outdated info? They said are mailing me a CD of the xrays and told me to bring them to POE. Maybe someone who has already crossed the border can confirm?

Timeline

Hey everyone, just wanted to post some good news we received recently. We had originally submitted our I-130 on October 21, 2021. We heard back on March 21, 2022 (about 5 months later) that it had been approved! I updated our timeline as well so hopefully this will help keep the average waiting time estimates as accurate as possible!

We are now beginning to look into the NVC steps. I've ordered all the CRCs from the countries I've lived in (I'm the beneficiary) and we are working through the other requirements now too. Will definitely continue to follow this thread and keep everyone updated as well!

Also a side note: we heard back from the NVC within 2-3 days after we received our I-130 approval.

Edited by Canucklehead

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to post some good news we received recently. We had originally submitted our I-130 on October 21, 2021. We heard back on March 21, 2022 (about 5 months later) that it had been approved! I updated our timeline as well so hopefully this will help keep the average waiting time estimates as accurate as possible!

We are now beginning to look into the NVC steps. I've ordered all the CRCs from the countries I've lived in (I'm the beneficiary) and we are working through the other requirements now too. Will definitely continue to follow this thread and keep everyone updated as well!

Also a side note: we heard back from the NVC within 2-3 days after we received our I-130 approval.

Awesome! Wish you a speedy and smooth process ahead.

Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, cgy2cali said:

That's what Dr. Cheema's office told me to do. Maybe it's outdated info? They said are mailing me a CD of the xrays and told me to bring them to POE. Maybe someone who has already crossed the border can confirm?

I didn't need mine. Our lawyer checked in with me after to a) see if Dr. Cheema had said that and b) if I ended up needing it because they'd noticed that no one was being asked for it anymore but the doctors (specifically Dr. Cheema - the lawyer is on the west coast so that's who they'd have most of their cases going to) were still telling people to have it on them. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, darth vader said:

They do still give you the X-Ray CD for personal use. Everything else gets sent to the consulate electronically. 

At the POE, they didn't ask for it, and I haven't read anywhere where the CBP officers ask for it either. Better to be on the safe side though and carry it incase they do.

Edited by DamAk

Timeline
6 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Congrats. Did the approval notice come from Texas service center? I am 6 months at Texas still

Edited by Canada21

6 hours ago, DamAk said:

They do still give you the X-Ray CD for personal use. Everything else gets sent to the consulate electronically. 

At the POE, they didn't ask for it, and I haven't read anywhere where the CBP officers ask for it either. Better to be on the safe side though and carry it incase they do.

Who gives it and when? I went for my medical and they just did my x-ray and did not give me the CD. Does the panel physician mail it to you or ask you to come pick it up? If so, when? Do I need to have it with me at the interview also?

Timeline
10 hours ago, DamAk said:

What do the CBP ask for?

Timeline
8 hours ago, darth vader said:

Who gives it and when? I went for my medical and they just did my x-ray and did not give me the CD. Does the panel physician mail it to you or ask you to come pick it up? If so, when? Do I need to have it with me at the interview also?

So I got the CD immediately after having it done at the X-ray clinic. It took the staff just a few minutes to burn the CD so they told me to wait. I think you can email your panel physician requesting to have it mailed if you havent received it. I went to Dr. Zatzman so I'm not exactly sure what the process is for other panel physicians (I assumed it was the same everywhere). Yes, take it with you to the interview just incase. 

5 hours ago, TSmith said:

What do the CBP ask for?

For me, they didn't ask for anything, just confirmed my husband's information and told me my green card could take 6 months (it took 5 minutes at secondary at YYZ when they called me up, waited for 50 minutes). I also wasn't carrying any pets/car, only clothes, cash, an instrument and some other small items. Didn't ask if I'm declaring anything either.

Edited by DamAk

Timeline
2 hours ago, DamAk said:

So I got the CD immediately after having it done at the X-ray clinic. It took the staff just a few minutes to burn the CD so they told me to wait. I think you can email your panel physician requesting to have it mailed if you havent received it. I went to Dr. Zatzman so I'm not exactly sure what the process is for other panel physicians (I assumed it was the same everywhere). Yes, take it with you to the interview just incase. 

For me, they didn't ask for anything, just confirmed my husband's information and told me my green card could take 6 months (it took 5 minutes at secondary at YYZ when they called me up, waited for 50 minutes). I also wasn't carrying any pets/car, only clothes, cash, an instrument and some other small items. Didn't ask if I'm declaring anything either.

Wow, that's great! Thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.