Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Thank you for answering. I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

1. Can one book medical appointment before receiving IL? Is it advisable?

2. I would most likely want to book my medical in Toronto, are they backed up? How soon are people getting medical appointment after getting IL? Do you have to wait long?

Lol no problem.

I would probably not advise you to have the medical done before receiving the IL simply because the panel physician needs access to your immigration file when you get to the appointment, that's where they upload all the reports. As for booking it, I don't think there's an issue with that, again as long as the actual date is after you receive the IL lol.

And when I got my medical done, there was actually a backlog at Ontario Public Health and alot of people around that time didn't have their medical in time for the interview. After the consulate received our medicals, most were issued within 1-2 weeks. I, on the other hand (idk who else), am still waiting 6 weeks later. Right now idk how quick the blood work is being processed but when you get the IL, try booking the first date you can find with your doctor so there's enough time for it to get to the consulate.

Timeline
4 hours ago, darth vader said:

Hi folks -  can someone please help me with the below -

1. What is the latest DQ date that have got interview dates so far? Looking at the spreadsheet it appears the latest DQ date to get interview is Jan 04 with interview date of 14 Mar. My DQ date is 19 Jan and I do not have an IL yet, so I am kind of freaked out if I missed it in my inbox somehow????

2. Also confirming that the police certificates are valid for 2 years?

Thank you so much!!!!

My DQ date is Nov. Still haven't received IL, calling NVC didn't help either

Timeline
6 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

Hoping we’ll get included in the next batch of ILs. I got DQ’d in dec. Hope they won’t skip us this time.

Timeline
16 hours ago, darth vader said:

Thank you for answering. I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

1. Can one book medical appointment before receiving IL? Is it advisable?

2. I would most likely want to book my medical in Toronto, are they backed up? How soon are people getting medical appointment after getting IL? Do you have to wait long?

You cannot do your medicals without the interview letter. The physician won’t allow it.

16 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

9 hours ago, Budzmaroo said:

Hoping we’ll get included in the next batch of ILs. I got DQ’d in dec. Hope they won’t skip us this time.

Hope you get IL soon. Do you guys have any idea why you were skipped? What does your status say when you check on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx ? Thank you!

Anyone who has got IL but not yet had the interview, please confirm what does your status show up as on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx , please? My status says "At NVC". Thank you!

Edited by darth vader

2 hours ago, darth vader said:

Anyone who has got IL but not yet had the interview, please confirm what does your status show up as on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx , please? My status says "At NVC". Thank you!

No IL just yet - but my status says "ready" in CEAC. Was DQ'd Nov. 12th.

11 minutes ago, AshEve said:

@affy  usually that's a good sign when the status says "ready" . Has it recently changed from "at nvc" to "ready"?

Great question - my situation is a bit more complex I think. My status in CEAC has always read "Ready" - I filed direct to MTL consulate so ever since Nov. 12th its just said "Ready"🤷‍♀️

Timeline
7 hours ago, affy said:

No IL just yet - but my status says "ready" in CEAC. Was DQ'd Nov. 12th.

That’s weird… usually it turns ready after your file is transferred to the consulate and   The interview letter is issued before it is transferred to the consulate.

I suggest you email Montreal consulate and ask if an interview has been assigned mentioning that your case says “ready.”

Edit - oh ignore. I read your response that you are DCF…I guess it works differently for you.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, darth vader said:

Hi folks -  can someone please help me with the below -

1. What is the latest DQ date that have got interview dates so far? Looking at the spreadsheet it appears the latest DQ date to get interview is Jan 04 with interview date of 14 Mar. My DQ date is 19 Jan and I do not have an IL yet, so I am kind of freaked out if I missed it in my inbox somehow????

2. Also confirming that the police certificates are valid for 2 years?

Thank you so much!!!!

I know the police cert had been valid for 2 years as the Montreal Consulate was working a long backlog - but now the website indicates 12 months.

Mine will be cutting it close to 12 months, so I'm getting a new one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@darth vader, you have been reading this thread and its predecessors for more than a year; your recent queries have been previously addressed. Please refer to previously shared information as well as the FAQ and additional data sources...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, affy said:

Great question - my situation is a bit more complex I think. My status in CEAC has always read "Ready" - I filed direct to MTL consulate so ever since Nov. 12th its just said "Ready"🤷‍♀️

This is confusing. MTL has not had DCF as an option in recent history. Perhaps this is related to your lack of IL...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.