top_secret

Saint Luke's announces mandatory COVID vaccine and RT-PCR testing

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Having to be vaccinated and having to take a covid test prior to the medical is a a result of the loser Philippines mishandling of the pandemic and snail paced vaccine rollout combined with the BS quarantine and lockdown Rollercoaster restrictions. If the country was operating in a similar capacity to the US, they wouldn't have these extra requirements and petitions could be completed quicker as the embassy could be at full staff. Everything is based off local conditions, which is no fault to the US, but the Philippines. 

The US is averaging close to 150k cases a day at the moment. The Philippines is averaging 20k. Granted the Philippines has 1/3 of the population of the US. It's still a very small percentage. Even with the state of the pandemic the US, our Govt hasnt put in place the level of restrictions that the Philippines has. 

The Philippines is just dramatizing the entire thing. Kind of like how Seattle and parts of California go on shutdown when they get an 1/8 of an inch or snow or temperatures drop below freezing. 

As per US CDC and Department of State, COVID 19 is classified as Class A, Inadmissible Medical Condition beginning October 1, 2021:

Does it mean if I take the medical exam now and get the results before October 1st, I don't have to provide such requirements?

K1 Visa Progress (71 days)

Sent I-129F via FedEx: July 22, 2015

I-129F received at Texas Lockbox: July 23, 2015

Electronic NOA1: July 28, 2015 CSC

Hard copy NOA1: August 01, 2015

Electronic NOA2: August 12, 2015

Hard copy NOA2: August 15, 2015

Forwarded to NVC: September 08, 2015

Case # Assigned: September 08, 2015

Left NVC to Manila Embassy: September 09, 2015

Received at Manila Embassy: September 14, 2015

Medical through St. Lukes Extension: September 10, 2015

Interview: September 21, 2015

READY Status 1: September 21, 2015

READY Status 2: September 29, 2015

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING Status: October 01, 2015

ISSUED Status: October 02, 2015

POE LAX: October 09, 2015

Wedding: December 04, 2015

==================================================

Adjustment of Status Progress

Sent AOS packet via FedEx: December 30, 2015

AOS packet received at Chicago Lockbox: December 31, 2015

Electronic NOA1: January 05, 2016 NBC

Hard copy NOA1: January 09, 2016

Bio-metric Letter: January 16, 2016 (Scheduled for Jan. 27, 2016)

Bio-metric Walk-in: January 21, 2016

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, top_secret said:

Saint Luke's Extension Clinic just announced MANDATORY completion of COVID vaccination before any medical will be issued in the Philippines.  Pretty much putting to rest any speculation about what COVID vaccine policy will be going forward.  No vaccine, no medical report.  If it is a two dose vaccine both doses must be completed on schedule for a medical report to be issued. 

There is also a new requirement for a negative RT-PCR test prior to any medical examination being done so that is another added expense.  They do not mention the option of a much cheaper, faster antigen test.  Coincidentally,  Saint Luke's Extension Clinic is offering RT-PCR testing for a fee.

Not a concern to us as my wife did already get her vaccine and we have good documentation of that fact.  However, I imagine some folks will be freaking out at this development.

https://slec.ph/

So, the "age appropriate" Covid vaccines would be for children 12 and up in the US. Is that the same in the Philippines or does anyone know if they're vaccinating children younger than 12?

Edited by assila

1 hour ago, assila said:

So, the "age appropriate" Covid vaccines would be for children 12 and up in the US. Is that the same in the Philippines or does anyone know if they're vaccinating children younger than 12?

They aren’t doing children yet. Typically the Philippines will follow what the US CDC says. Not always, but usually. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

16 hours ago, top_secret said:

The announcement does not mention if COVID vaccine would be provided by Saint Luke's or if the applicant is expected to come up with it on their own.   US CDC guidelines do say the Johnson & Johnson vaccine can be administered concurrently with other vaccines, yielding a completely vaccinated individual in a single day.  So that would seem like the easy solution.  J&J is available in the Philippines.  My wife got some.  The US donated 3.2 million doses of J&J to the Philippines so maybe they could kick down a few for SLEC to keep in their fridge.  It does mention they are accepting Chinovax and Rusovax too.

I see, From reading it I was thinking covid vaccine was now part of the injections you got from SLEC.

5 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I see, From reading it I was thinking covid vaccine was now part of the injections you got from SLEC.

You would think if they were going to require it they would provide it. Now the people have to try to get the vaccine on their own during mixed degrees of lockdown and varying availability of the shots.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

20 hours ago, top_secret said:

Not a concern to us as my wife did already get her vaccine and we have good documentation of that fact.  However, I imagine some folks will be freaking out at this development.

My wife just got her first Pfizer today and will get the second next month.

I don't recall how old your step daughter is.  My step daughter is 17 and I am wondering how this impacts her, if at all????

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

My wife just got her first Pfizer today and will get the second next month.

I don't recall how old your step daughter is.  My step daughter is 17 and I am wondering how this impacts her, if at all????

She's 9, so it has no impact on her, although I personally wouldn't hesitate for a second getting her vaccinated too if it were available to that age group.  Since we got our interview appointment for October 5, they are now both going for their physicals this coming Tuesday and we have issues related to Saint Luke's that are far more serious to concern ourselves with than vaccines.  Like is it possible to find parking near there in the morning and does traveling between provinces with a child in the car require any additional paperwork related to §ÆCQ (or whatever kind of CQ they have these days).  If they require travel passes, rona-swabs, stuff like that.  And of course, there is the ever-present suspense of the mandatory round of Russian roulette with Saint Luke's x-ray machine.  So, vaccine politics are pretty low on our list of concerns, but it seems they will go through before the October 1 deadline.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

16 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Having to be vaccinated and having to take a covid test prior to the medical is a a result of the loser Philippines mishandling of the pandemic and snail paced vaccine rollout combined with the BS quarantine and lockdown Rollercoaster restrictions. If the country was operating in a similar capacity to the US, they wouldn't have these extra requirements and petitions could be completed quicker as the embassy could be at full staff. Everything is based off local conditions, which is no fault to the US, but the Philippines. 

100% Spot on.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.