top_secret

Saint Luke's announces mandatory COVID vaccine and RT-PCR testing

87 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Adventine said:

My thoughts exactly.

I am concerned because not everyone in the Philippines who wants the vaccine can easily get it and it isn't clear how St. Luke's is going to manage unvaccinated applicants. That adds more stress and another potential delay to those people who still need to do the medicals before they immigrate.

I am not concerned about the vaccines' safety (me, my family and close friends have been vaccinated for months now).

Agreed, plus the US just came out today and said by first week of November they will eliminate the travel ban on UK, Ireland, Schengen countries, India, SA, Brazil, etc etc.  However it appears the requirement no matter the country a traveler is coming from, they will need to be fully vaccinated, plus a Covid test before arrival.   I would imagine the fully-vaccinated part would apply to most foreigners, where the testing requirement would apply to all travelers.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

48 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Agreed, plus the US just came out today and said by first week of November they will eliminate the travel ban on UK, Ireland, Schengen countries, India, SA, Brazil, etc etc.  However it appears the requirement no matter the country a traveler is coming from, they will need to be fully vaccinated, plus a Covid test before arrival.   I would imagine the fully-vaccinated part would apply to most foreigners, where the testing requirement would apply to all travelers.

I will be returning with my wife and children on 10/29. This will be their first entry into the US. They will not need vaccine or test. They will have in house quarantine for 10 days once they arrive. I will be happy to have them here before all of these new rules take effect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, top_secret said:

Saint Luke's Extension Clinic just announced MANDATORY completion of COVID vaccination before any medical will be issued in the Philippines.  Pretty much putting to rest any speculation about what COVID vaccine policy will be going forward.  No vaccine, no medical report.  If it is a two dose vaccine both doses must be completed on schedule for a medical report to be issued. 

There is also a new requirement for a negative RT-PCR test prior to any medical examination being done so that is another added expense.  They do not mention the option of a much cheaper, faster antigen test.  Coincidentally,  Saint Luke's Extension Clinic is offering RT-PCR testing for a fee.

Not a concern to us as my wife did already get her vaccine and we have good documentation of that fact.  However, I imagine some folks will be freaking out at this development.

https://slec.ph/

Also, if an adult has to accompany a child, the adult as has to have a negative Covid test. They sent me an email confirming this. 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, top_secret said:

Saint Luke's Extension Clinic just announced MANDATORY completion of COVID vaccination before any medical will be issued in the Philippines.  Pretty much putting to rest any speculation about what COVID vaccine policy will be going forward.  No vaccine, no medical report.  If it is a two dose vaccine both doses must be completed on schedule for a medical report to be issued. 

There is also a new requirement for a negative RT-PCR test prior to any medical examination being done so that is another added expense.  They do not mention the option of a much cheaper, faster antigen test.  Coincidentally,  Saint Luke's Extension Clinic is offering RT-PCR testing for a fee.

Not a concern to us as my wife did already get her vaccine and we have good documentation of that fact.  However, I imagine some folks will be freaking out at this development.

https://slec.ph/

The K1-Visa doesn’t require you to be vaccinated before approval/arrival to USA, but this hospital forces you to be in order to get the medical examination form? The wordage says you need a PCR test, but when they say COVID vaccine is required it is “required with other immunizations” which doesn’t sound like they mean the same thing as the PCR test. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jays0n said:

The K1-Visa doesn’t require you to be vaccinated before approval/arrival to USA, but this hospital forces you to be in order to get the medical examination form? The wordage says you need a PCR test, but when they say COVID vaccine is required it is “required with other immunizations” which doesn’t sound like they mean the same thing as the PCR test. 

No, the PCR test is required by St. Luke's just to let you in the door in order to perform the medical exam, regardless of whether or not you've been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Dougefresh56 said:

You are 11 times more likely to die if you are not vaccinated.

Where did you get that number? Faucci's rear end? Still waiting for someone to tell me where I can get the FDA approved version of the vaccine. Anyways I don't want to go off topic so if you or anyone else want to debate this further go over to the current events forum and I would be more than happy to defend my positions there. I didn't mean to go off topic here. I was originally simply stating my disappointment with the issues related to this post. So again if you want to debate about the vaccine in general I am more than happy to in the current events forum.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me where I can get the FDA approved version of the vaccine.

In this very thread myself and one other person told you where you can get 100% FDA approved vaccine that is not under emergency use authorization.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Still waiting for someone to tell me where I can get the FDA approved version of the vaccine. 

Really? I already pointed out that the FDA approved vaccine is the one from Pfizer. Why would anyone want to debate this topic with you when all you've done is ignore valid points, and make claims without even providing sources (credible or otherwise) for where you're getting them? It's pointless.

Timeline
1 hour ago, brightfuture78 said:

Really? I already pointed out that the FDA approved vaccine is the one from Pfizer. Why would anyone want to debate this topic with you when all you've done is ignore valid points, and make claims without even providing sources (credible or otherwise) for where you're getting them? It's pointless.

Many FDA approved medicines have resulted in class action lawsuits with billion dollar awards. Just because a drug is approved by the FDA doesn't mean it is safe. The long term effects of the vaccines will not be know for many years. I likely won't live long enough to know the answer. One thing I do know is that the vaccine won't go into my body as long as I'm still able to resist. And I am high risk to die from the virus due other medical conditions. 

My sister had the vaccine and still got the virus. She didn't improve until after she was given Monoclonal antibody infusion. The treatment allowed her to recover very quickly.

So one might wonder "Why is a vaccine that admittedly doesn't stop the virus being touted and pushed by the guberment and medical community over a treatment that obviously does work? Why are hospitals incentivized by the guberment to report hospitalizations and deaths as COVID cases? " Sarcasm on Perhaps it has something to do with those billion dollar awards mentioned above! Sarcasm off

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Continued derailing of the thread as resulted in locking it. Do not restart this thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.