top_secret

Saint Luke's announces mandatory COVID vaccine and RT-PCR testing

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Puppythecat said:

Regardless of what you think about the safety or effectiveness of the vaccines, which is really more terrifying:

1) a novel flu virus with a 99.6+% survival rate

or

2) a government whose executive branch thinks he can force everyone to put whatever he wants into their body for the greater good

Having already had covid I know which one I'm more concerned about.  The vaccines may be as safe and effective as the flu vaccines that have been given out for the last 80 years but it's the mandates that can lead to some pretty dark outcomes.

I would agree that governmental overreach can be a slippery slope and we need to be careful about giving the government too much power. However, the survival rate you mentioned may sound high, but there are many people (the elderly, people with medical conditions) who are at significant risk of death. Also, just because somebody doesn't die, does not mean that they do not get seriously ill with lasting effects. Also, consider the effect on the rest of us of a lengthy pandemic - hospitals overrun with unvaccinated sick people, travel bans, economic hardship, etc. The longer the pandemic goes on, the greater these effects.  Many vaccines are already mandated, so why should the covid vaccine be any different? Perhaps if more people were willing to contribute to the greater good, the pandemic would be shorter and we can get on with our lives. I worry more about misinformation being widely circulated and believed, and by politicians that sow mistrust in our institutions for political gain, and the effect of that on our society. I for one am much more willing to believe scientists and doctors (mainstream ones, not fringe)  than any politician...

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AKteacher said:

I would agree that governmental overreach can be a slippery slope and we need to be careful about giving the government too much power. However, the survival rate you mentioned may sound high, but there are many people (the elderly, people with medical conditions) who are at significant risk of death. Also, just because somebody doesn't die, does not mean that they do not get seriously ill with lasting effects. Also, consider the effect on the rest of us of a lengthy pandemic - hospitals overrun with unvaccinated sick people, travel bans, economic hardship, etc. The longer the pandemic goes on, the greater these effects.  Many vaccines are already mandated, so why should the covid vaccine be any different? Perhaps if more people were willing to contribute to the greater good, the pandemic would be shorter and we can get on with our lives. I worry more about misinformation being widely circulated and believed, and by politicians that sow mistrust in our institutions for political gain, and the effect of that on our society. I for one am much more willing to believe scientists and doctors (mainstream ones, not fringe)  than any politician...

Hospitals should tell people exactly what I was told at the clinic: "It's a virus, there's not really anything we can do about it.  Go home and get some rest for a few days."  I'm not sure how sleeping in an uncomfortable hospital bed and eating bad hospital food is supposed to improve outcomes, other than to drive up medical bills.

There are not mandates for other vaccines in order to work at any employer with over 100 staff members, that's overreach so far beyond the reasonable it's absurd.  It's no longer a pandemic, it's endemic.  First it was 2 weeks to slow the spread, then 2 years to slow the spread, next you will want 20 years to slow the spread.  If you want to get on with your life just do it and accept that life isn't without risk.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:02 PM, jg121783 said:

Even US citizens are having it forced on them. But not the illegals.

Texas Governor just closed 6 Port of Entries along the Texas Mexico Border:

Texas governor orders six points of entry along the southern border to be shut down - CNNPolitics

Timeline
10 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

As usual for the Philippines doesn't really make sense

and the American Govt, CDC and Fauci is making sense????

Every week we are flip flopping around on what is right and wrong..... just saying

2 hours ago, AKteacher said:

there are many people (the elderly, people with medical conditions) who are at significant risk of death.

And THEY should self quarantine, get the vaccine, wear masks, and social distance.

Also, consider the effect on the rest of us of a lengthy pandemic - hospitals overrun with unvaccinated sick people

And vaccinated sick people.

travel bans, economic hardship, etc. The longer the pandemic goes on, the greater these effects.

These are hardships imposed by the government not un-vaccinated people...Don't get it twisted

Many vaccines are already mandated, so why should the covid vaccine be any different?

There are many FDA approved vaccines that are required for certain things however there are no mandates for those vaccines. That is why it is different.

Perhaps if more people were willing to contribute to the greater good, the pandemic would be shorter and we can get on with our lives.

Hmmmm where have I heard that greater good line before??? Was it Chavez, Castro, Marx, Hitler?

I worry more about misinformation being widely circulated and believed

Me too after reading your posts...

I for one am much more willing to believe scientists and doctors (mainstream ones, not fringe)  than any politician...

I can agree with part of this. I have not nor will I take medical advice from a politician. But we used to advance medicine trough open dialog. Maybe it doesn't bother you that any doctor going against group think regarding covid risks losing everything including their career, and are actively censored or silenced by social and main stream media, but it does bother me and I am guessing it makes it easier for you to label them as fringe.

1 minute ago, Puppythecat said:

If they really wanted to restore some little crumb of trust in the government they would take the people who funded the irresponsible bat virus modification research in Wuhan and hold them responsible instead of make one their own spokesman for how to handle the outbreak.

That's why we need an experimental vaccine.  Because it is an experimental virus. 😁

Wuhan is cold in the winter time.   Bats can't handle freezing temperatures.  There were no bats in Wuhan in December 2019. :idea:   Only a bat virus lab was there.  

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

A few things here. The "vaccine" has not been proven safe and effective.

Can you be more specific? You're making it seem like you think there's just one vaccine.

6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Fourth if you actually look at the numbers versus believing every word that comes out of Faucci's mouth you would see that not only in the US but worldwide vaccinated people are actually being hospitalized at a higher rate than unvaccinated people.

Please do link me to these "numbers" you speak of. I'm genuinely having a hard time finding them. Thanks in advance! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, top_secret said:

That's why we need an experimental vaccine.  Because it is an experimental virus. 😁

Wuhan is cold in the winter time.   Bats can't handle freezing temperatures.  There were no bats in Wuhan in December 2019. :idea:   Only a bat virus lab was there.  

Given the experiment was to see if they could get bat viruses to infect human cells I would call the outcome a roaring success.  Totally different from "gain of function research" though.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RO_AH said:
3 hours ago, AKteacher said:

there are many people (the elderly, people with medical conditions) who are at significant risk of death.

And THEY should self quarantine, get the vaccine, wear masks, and social distance.

Agreed. But what we do also affects them.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

Also, consider the effect on the rest of us of a lengthy pandemic - hospitals overrun with unvaccinated sick people

And vaccinated sick people.

Most of the people being hospitalized are unvaccinated, not vaccinated.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

travel bans, economic hardship, etc. The longer the pandemic goes on, the greater these effects.

These are hardships imposed by the government not un-vaccinated people...Don't get it twisted

I have to agree here, at least to the extent that, yes, the response is imperfect. The idea was to delay the spread of the virus so hospitals (and cemeteries) are not overwhelmed. There is probably nothing (even vaccines) that can completely stop the spread of the virus.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

Many vaccines are already mandated, so why should the covid vaccine be any different?

There are many FDA approved vaccines that are required for certain things however there are no mandates for those vaccines. That is why it is different.

I would have to agree. Nevertheless, more people need to be vaccinated in order to stop the pandemic. If people refuse the vaccine based on misinformation, then maybe mandates are necessary. That would be debatable.  I would also be concerned about governmental overreach.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

Perhaps if more people were willing to contribute to the greater good, the pandemic would be shorter and we can get on with our lives.

Hmmmm where have I heard that greater good line before??? Was it Chavez, Castro, Marx, Hitler?

Vaccines are akin to what those dictators did? Give me a break...

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I worry more about misinformation being widely circulated and believed

Me too after reading your posts...

Well, at least I supplied backup info from reputable sources. The current scientific consensus is, overwhelmingly, that the approved US vaccines are safe and effective.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I for one am much more willing to believe scientists and doctors (mainstream ones, not fringe)  than any politician...

I can agree with part of this. I have not nor will I take medical advice from a politician. But we used to advance medicine trough open dialog. Maybe it doesn't bother you that any doctor going against group think regarding covid risks losing everything including their career, and are actively censored or silenced by social and main stream media, but it does bother me and I am guessing it makes it easier for you to label them as fringe.

The ones I would label as fringe are the ones who circulate misinformation for personal profit, such as this guy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

and this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/12/993615185/for-some-anti-vaccine-advocates-misinformation-is-part-of-a-business

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

@AKteacher would you be surprised to know that Dr. Robert Malone the inventor of the mRNA vaccine does not recommend that everyone get vaccinated? In fact he said that it could be quite dangerous? If you do some searching you could probably find his recent 2 part interview online. Would he be a reputable source according to you?

Can you tell me how people are tested for the Delta variant? Would you be surprised that they can't test for it and that the Delta variant is based on estimates?

Who's to say your sources are reputable and anyone that disagrees with you does not use reputable sources? That's putting everyone in a box again to make them easy to dismiss.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, AKteacher said:

I would have to agree. Nevertheless, more people need to be vaccinated in order to stop the pandemic. If people refuse the vaccine based on misinformation, then maybe mandates are necessary. That would be debatable.  I would also be concerned about governmental overreach.

Moderna COVID vaccine: Does COVID-19 immunity last? - Deseret News

Moderna's president is already pushing periodic booster shots.  And they've developed a combination covid and flu shot so if you're like me you can enjoy all the sinus clogging side effects of the flu shot to go along with your covid booster shot.  I can see it now, "I'm sorry sir your 8-month booster expired yesterday so your Covid QR code privileges have been disabled."  "That's strange there's suddenly an epidemic of suicidal depression maybe we should add some lithium salts into this year's manditory combi-shot.  For the public's health."

No mandates, I'd rather just live with the covid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.