micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
23 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

For me, and I am sure to everyone, this is the only letter that does not come as PDF in your USCIS account.

The interview letter only comes as in post physically.

To me, it took normal 2-3 working days for the interview invitation letter to be delivered to our address.

I can confirm this. The letter seems to come from the local office and it is not posted to the uscis portal.

Our letter took a while. About a week.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, Alchanphel said:

My Green Card interview has been scheduled! It's at Newark, NJ.

We don't know the interview date yet. How long is the typical wait after the "interview was scheduled" notice?

I reached out to EMMA live chat and confirmed our interview is scheduled for Wednesday July 6th, at Newark NJ field office.

So, those who already received their GC.

Is this normal for the case to be marked as CLOSED, after the status changes to Card Produced?

Normaly, i.e. with EAD, the status also went to Card Dispatched.

Anyone?

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-18 at 7.22.13 AM.jpeg

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

So, those who already received their GC.

Is this normal for the case to be marked as CLOSED, after the status changes to Card Produced?

Normaly, i.e. with EAD, the status also went to Card Dispatched.

Anyone?

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-18 at 7.22.13 AM.jpeg

It happened to me. Nothing to worry about it 

26 minutes ago, JR & RT said:

It happened to me. Nothing to worry about it 

Thank you for confirming this.

How long until I receive the GC post after this stage of Card Produced/Case Closed, please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

Thank you for confirming this.

How long until I receive the GC post after this stage of Card Produced/Case Closed, please?

they probably will update with a usps tracking number in next 24 hours. the printer that prints greencard is located in Corbin Kentucky so it might take a week once usps lays its hands on the prized envelope. 

Received my GC today. So happy. Booking tickets to travel asap lol.

In totaly it took 4-5 working days from date of approval to card in hand.

We had a unwanted weekend in the middle, between approval date and GC being dispatched lol

The moral of the story is, it is really very fast for GC to arrive once/if the Interview is done and they told you that it is approved.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE STIL WAITING. TRUST ME YOU WILL GET IT TOO. IT IS COMING FRIENDS...

Sent packet:

09/24/2021 - FedEx overnight service $104
10/02/2021 - Money has gone from the account (sent two CITIBANK cheques (not money order nor credit card))
10/04/2021 - Four letters received. Acknowledgment/receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131
10/08/2021 - Online USCIS website status checked by entering receipt number (Biometrics Appointment was Scheduled on 2nd Oct
10/09/2021: Received 2 letters, biometrics, and ONLINE ACCESS CODE for I-130 petition together (biometrics appointment is on 27th Oct. was scheduled on 2nd Oct.) waiting for online access code for rest of the petitions
10/12/2021: Received physical letter in the post that has ONLINE ACCESS CODE for all other petitions i.e. I-485, I-765 and I-131
10/27/2021 - Biometrics done status changed to Actively Reviewing 
01/25/2022 - E-mail notification for Initial evidence for your form I-485
01/28/2022 - Evidence submitted. Online and Postal
04/06/2022 - EAD approval notice PDF on USCIS and Deficiency notice for I-693 medical report.
04/07/2022 - Interview Scheduled, waiting for letters
04/08/2022 - Interview invitation letter received
05/11/2022 - Interview done. Interview result letter handed to us with Approved tick/checked mark in it. The interviewer told us to expect GC in 2-4 weeks.
05/14/2022 - Approval letter PDF available in the USCIS account
05/19/2022 - Green Card received. (There was a weekend in between)

05/14/2022 - Approval PDF availabe in USCIS account

Case background: Applied as spouse to USC, no dependents, no kids, first marriage ever, married since 5 years, we lived 5 years in the UK, a British citizen.

(Self-made application - no lawyers/solicitors were used)

Timeline

Congratulations everyone. Our GC is still in USPS transit. We have the tracking number. Should arrive Saturday.

To everyone else. Hang in there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Great news! No interview date yet but my EAD/AP Combo Card is being produced! Got the notification today through the case tracker app 🙌

A little backstory about my AP application. I definitely messed up the form when I sent it in. I checked the wrong box under the section where it asked if I was applying for AP or a Re-entry permit. I didn’t say anything here because I was honestly embarrassed 😅 lol. I thought for sure it would never be approved. I tried submitting a corrected form on the online portal with a letter explaining what happened based on what an agent told me on EMMA. Another agent even told me I would have to mail everything to NBC. I decided not to and just went with the first agent’s advice. But the portal wasn’t accepting my submissions 🥲 Anyways, fast forward to recently, I had given up on the AP and didn’t even think I would get the EAD before the green card lol. But I guess it did go through 🙌 I am happy 😁 Now we wait for the GC 🤞

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Timeline
On 5/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, sandiegodan2020 said:

Congratulations everyone. Our GC is still in USPS transit. We have the tracking number. Should arrive Saturday.

To everyone else. Hang in there.

We got the GC on May 20th. Our interview was on the 10th so exactly ten calendar days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, The.locd.doc said:

Great news! No interview date yet but my EAD/AP Combo Card is being produced! Got the notification today through the case tracker app 🙌

A little backstory about my AP application. I definitely messed up the form when I sent it in. I checked the wrong box under the section where it asked if I was applying for AP or a Re-entry permit. I didn’t say anything here because I was honestly embarrassed 😅 lol. I thought for sure it would never be approved. I tried submitting a corrected form on the online portal with a letter explaining what happened based on what an agent told me on EMMA. Another agent even told me I would have to mail everything to NBC. I decided not to and just went with the first agent’s advice. But the portal wasn’t accepting my submissions 🥲 Anyways, fast forward to recently, I had given up on the AP and didn’t even think I would get the EAD before the green card lol. But I guess it did go through 🙌 I am happy 😁 Now we wait for the GC 🤞

Excellent news! Congrats. 

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just got out of our interview in Chicago, which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer made us take the oath, asked lots of questions, and then took our evidence to review later. We were not approved on the spot, which is a bit disappointing. Hoping it’s approved soon!

13 minutes ago, HKtoUSA said:

Just got out of our interview in Chicago, which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer made us take the oath, asked lots of questions, and then took our evidence to review later. We were not approved on the spot, which is a bit disappointing. Hoping it’s approved soon!

Exciting - congrats on getting through it! I have mine tomorrow - any insight on the kinds of questions they asked? And what evidence were they interested in?Thanks! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, AW1704 said:

Exciting - congrats on getting through it! I have mine tomorrow - any insight on the kinds of questions they asked? And what evidence were they interested in?Thanks! :)

When did you meet?

Who attended your wedding?

Do you rent or own your home? Do you have a lease?

Do you have any joint bank accounts? 
Have you spent time with each other’s family and friends? 
Do you work? 

There were also many questions taken from the application forms relating to crimes, military training, etc. 

For evidence, he was mainly interested in joint bank statements and a copy of the marriage certificate, but he kept photos, tax forms, pay stubs, employer letter and everything else we brought (aside from original birth and marriage certificates).  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.