ArwaE

AUGUST 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

470 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, TGDeano said:

Hi. What did you have to resubmit?

Death certificate for previous spouse of the beneficiary, that's me. The back side was blank so I didn't scan it the first time around. But it's necessary, apparently.

Edited by AKN2
mistake

2 hours ago, AKN2 said:

Death certificate for previous spouse of the beneficiary, that's me. The back side was blank so I didn't scan it the first time around. But it's necessary, apparently.

Sorry to hear that. 😢 hopefully your wait will soon be over. 🙏🏽

7 hours ago, AKN2 said:

Did they seriously make you scan in a blank page and put you at the back of the line for THAT?

😩 We are doomed. 

I'm sorry, I hope you get reviewed as soon as possible. 

12 minutes ago, whiterabbitt said:

Did they seriously make you scan in a blank page and put you at the back of the line for THAT?

😩 We are doomed. 

Right!!! And they probably sit around wondering there’s such a backlog. 😡

Timeline
11 hours ago, whiterabbitt said:

😩 We are doomed. 

Thank you :)

They did not specify what was wrong with the document. All they said was INVALID DOCUMENT. It is the only kind of death certificate issued in India. It had been scanned and uploaded exactly like the other civil docs, complete with translation and translator's certificate.  Except that the others had both sides scanned, this one hadn't because the back was blank. We would have been DQ'd back in Aug but for this. 

Edited by AKN2

Timeline

And I came across this website https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/do-we-only-scan-the-back-of-the-document-if-there--4833568.html that says it is better to scan even the blank side to prove nothing is written or stamped there. The NVC https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents.html says otherwise. The NVC also says, "Please note that a translation is not required for documents in the language of the country where your visa interview will take place." But we got an RFE at the USCIS stage because we didn't submit a translated copy of the same death certificate that's causing a hold-up at the NVC stage. Go figure!

6 hours ago, AKN2 said:

And I came across this website https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/do-we-only-scan-the-back-of-the-document-if-there--4833568.html that says it is better to scan even the blank side to prove nothing is written or stamped there. The NVC https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents.html says otherwise. The NVC also says, "Please note that a translation is not required for documents in the language of the country where your visa interview will take place." But we got an RFE at the USCIS stage because we didn't submit a translated copy of the same death certificate that's causing a hold-up at the NVC stage. Go figure!

Don’t know why they have to make everything so difficult 🙄

Filed: IR-2 Country: Honduras
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TGDeano said:

Don’t know why they have to make everything so difficult 🙄

Right!!! They make everything just so frustrating, meanwhile we are here crossing fingers to be with our loves ones soon. I hope everyone hears good news soon. I am still  waiting to hear from my resubmission of Sept. 21st its been 36 days already I am guessing another months and a half until I hear something.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nana040607 said:

Right!!! They make everything just so frustrating, meanwhile we are here crossing fingers to be with our loves ones soon. I hope everyone hears good news soon. I am still  waiting to hear from my resubmission of Sept. 21st its been 36 days already I am guessing another months and a half until I hear something.

Currently it's more like 86-90 days. And more if they, god forbid, reject your resubmission. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, AKN2 said:

Currently it's more like 86-90 days. And more if they, god forbid, reject your resubmission. 

Yeah praying for the best. I have atleast 60 days more to wait which sucks. Everything we sent was accepted except one document so hopefully it will be approve. Staying positive in this long journey 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, Cynolly said:

The RFE was ‘Please submit every 2020 w-2/1099 form for joint sponsor’ . Didn’t make sense to us because all our documents showed accepted included the W2 we had attached.

So we called NVC and apparently their reason was the W2 was uploaded under the wrong document category. 

What document category did you upload it to and what document category should it have been? Thx 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.