Oko Vicki

Do we have a real chance?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sad news!!! Yesterday September 3rd, my wife had a car wreck with a 5yo baby girl in the car. Initial update I got was fractured bone in the lower leg. 
However, half an hour ago I got new updates; both ankles were fractured and needing surgery - she is in surgery right this moment -, she has fractures to cervical and thoracic vertebrae, fractured sternum, 3 fractured ribs and a collapsed right lower lobe of her lung. 
My questions are; do we have real chance for an expedite approval? Who files it, USC or I the beneficiary? What documents do we need to attach? Do I wait till she gets out of surgery and can talk before acting? Please I need your advices. What should we do??? 
Appreciate your enlightenments. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is this for your waiver?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If your case is at NVC, your USC wife should contact NVC regarding an expedite for your visa interview in Lagos.  They will likely ask for documentation showing hardship to her if your visa interview is not expedited.  The issue of your past misrepresentation will likely come up at the visa interview, whenever that happens, so be prepared for an additional delay at that point, it will be up to the CO if you are eligible for a waiver or not.  Sorry to hear about the accident.  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Oko Vicki said:

Sad news!!! Yesterday September 3rd, my wife had a car wreck with a 5yo baby girl in the car. Initial update I got was fractured bone in the lower leg. 
However, half an hour ago I got new updates; both ankles were fractured and needing surgery - she is in surgery right this moment -, she has fractures to cervical and thoracic vertebrae, fractured sternum, 3 fractured ribs and a collapsed right lower lobe of her lung. 
My questions are; do we have real chance for an expedite approval? Who files it, USC or I the beneficiary? What documents do we need to attach? Do I wait till she gets out of surgery and can talk before acting? Please I need your advices. What should we do??? 
Appreciate your enlightenments. 

I am sorry to hear about her injuries.  Your wife can request an expedite based on hardship.  However, your past issues are likely to result in heavy scrutiny and extended administrative processing, imo.  I would not make any travel arrangements.......expedite does not mean fast in the world of immigration.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very sorry for your wife

but wondering how u think she will file for expedite anything in her condition

here even if she wanted to do this thru a lawyer ,  in my area,  hospital allow 1 visitor on list to see the patient in hospital (i would imagine that to be a family member here) / all that because we still have a covid crisis

fracture to thoracic vertebrae (that's her neck)  and all the other injuries /  Lord the poor woman is inmobile

If you get an interview and are approved ,then come , find a job and help  (but understand Nigeria beneficaries are often in long long AP after any interview and nothing here will happen fast especially with the former false divorce paper)

Give this poor woman a chance to heal according to you this is gonna take a lot of surgeries and time

Timeline
2 hours ago, carmel34 said:

If your case is at NVC, your USC wife should contact NVC regarding an expedite for your visa interview in Lagos.  They will likely ask for documentation showing hardship to her if your visa interview is not expedited.  The issue of your past misrepresentation will likely come up at the visa interview, whenever that happens, so be prepared for an additional delay at that point, it will be up to the CO if you are eligible for a waiver or not.  Sorry to hear about the accident.  Good luck!

Thank you. I expect the misrepresentation issue to come up at interview, I’m prepared for it. To your first sentence, after post surgery recovery we will discuss it. 
Documentation showing hardship will be doctor’s note, yeah? 

Edited by Oko Vicki

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I am sorry to hear about her injuries.  Your wife can request an expedite based on hardship.  However, your past issues are likely to result in heavy scrutiny and extended administrative processing, imo.  I would not make any travel arrangements.......expedite does not mean fast in the world of immigration.

Thank you. No travel arrangements intended until visa is in hand. I just want to know what to do and how to go about the expedite request. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Very sorry for your wife

but wondering how u think she will file for expedite anything in her condition

here even if she wanted to do this thru a lawyer ,  in my area,  hospital allow 1 visitor on list to see the patient in hospital (i would imagine that to be a family member here) / all that because we still have a covid crisis

fracture to thoracic vertebrae (that's her neck)  and all the other injuries /  Lord the poor woman is inmobile

If you get an interview and are approved ,then come , find a job and help  (but understand Nigeria beneficaries are often in long long AP after any interview and nothing here will happen fast especially with the former false divorce paper)

Give this poor woman a chance to heal according to you this is gonna take a lot of surgeries and time

Thank you. Ofc she needs the time to heal but it’s killing me being here helpless and worrying myself to death not able to be there for my wife. My parents are the ones keeping me sane since this incident happened, even my mother is hit hard as I have observed. 

Will discuss with her when she’s fit enough to talk. I will handle everything and send the request with her email provided she’s able to get someone to scan the required supporting documents to me. 
Thanks again. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Chances are slim and none. In any case what do you have to lose? Go for it!

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The only thing you can do is ask. No one here will be able to tell you, one way or the other, how it will turn out.

Edited by Cathi

Timeline
On 9/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, Cathi said:

The only thing you can do is ask. No one here will be able to tell you, one way or the other, how it will turn out.

Thank you. We will be hoping and praying for the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.