Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, TEXbound said:

Was going to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee as my husband just received his immigrant visa today!!  I noticed that when I went to enter the DOS Case ID that the Case Number we had been using for the past several months had 2 extra digits (a 01) at the end of it, when printed on the visa as the IV Case Number. Is that supposed to be there, or is it an error?

It's not an error. Do not enter the '01' in the box DOS case ID when paying for your visa fee.

21 hours ago, irisheyes123 said:

I had my interview on 10/6 and my medical hadn't reached the embassy yet despite the doc sending the results a week before. My Canadian work permit expires on 10/19 and I need to be out of Canada on that day. This says that it was last updated today. What does this mean :(

image.png

Hi guys, me again. I'm so confused. Now it's gone back to 'ready' and says I can schedule an interview. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! :P

image.png.fa138b384f30b5363fa48a29ecddea41.png

Timeline
13 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

Hi guys, me again. I'm so confused. Now it's gone back to 'ready' and says I can schedule an interview. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! :P

image.png.fa138b384f30b5363fa48a29ecddea41.png

I have to agree with you the status they are using are so confused. But don't worry this means the consulate got your medical already and this case is waiting for the CO to review and issue your visa. The status will soon change to Issued under AP.

Timeline
11 hours ago, rafmann said:

Question. Can we stay in Canada for an addtional 2-3 months in order to finish a work contract and cut ties (sell properties) after activating our US visa?

The visa is valid for up to 6 months after the medicals. So you should be good to stay for 2-3 months before you move, so you can definitely wait 2-3 months to activate it.

Once activation, can you return to Canada for 2/3 months and then go back to the US? Yes, but my understanding is you lose your healthcare in Canada once you activate your US visa (not 100% sure if it is instantaneous or delayed by 3 months), so keep that in mind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@DrJanko10, @VegasEagle, @svann080, @Tiffc let us know about your interviews!

@Emilyy, were you approved last week?

anyone else have passport news to share?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Danii said:

Ah the wait for ILs is killing me 😂 hoping for Friday now

At least we know they are coming... and many of them too. Just a matter of time...

Timeline

My spouse is awaiting an interview in Montreal for IR1visa. In the meantime he got a L1B visa and he is currently in the US working. Does anyone know where will he have to complete his medicals? USA or Ontario? Please note that the IR1 visa was submitted from Canada, as at that time we resided there. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NadiaL said:

My spouse is awaiting an interview in Montreal for IR1visa. In the meantime he got a L1B visa and he is currently in the US working. Does anyone know where will he have to complete his medicals? USA or Ontario? Please note that the IR1 visa was submitted from Canada, as at that time we resided there. 

Since he is interviewing in Montreal and is under IR1 process, he will need to complete medicals in Canada by a panel physician.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, rafmann said:

Question. Can we stay in Canada for an addtional 2-3 months in order to finish a work contract and cut ties (sell properties) after activating our US visa?

Yes. That shouldn't be a problem and is rather common from what I've heard.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Emilyy said:

Does anyone have any experience starting work right after your cross the border without having a SS yet?

I am being offered a job at my husbands company...

do you already have an ITIN?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.