Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

I actually just received a notification over email with the tracking number and that the shipment is not with Purolator.

That was a typo! The shipment is *now* with Purolator. Tracking says delivery by Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

That was a typo! The shipment is *now* with Purolator. Tracking says delivery by Tuesday. 

Same here, it was created by purolator, will be arriving Tuesday.  I am selling my car before I leave any body has experience with that. ? also anybody activated the visa through buffalo/ peace bridge ? how was the process ? 

Hi all,

Planning to cross the border to the US soon to make the permanent move. Did anyone cross the

border at the Peace Arch? Is it a good place to cross? We are considering flying but we have an

unvaccinated toddler, so we think just driving in a rented car would be a better option. If anyone

can comment, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, HAB said:

Congrats to you getting the visa early. Do you live in Montreal. Mine is still in transit. 

I am in Edmonton but did the courier to a house option. 

1 hour ago, HD_BIRDS said:

I am in Edmonton but did the courier to a house option. 

Congrats! My interview was also on the 4th. I also chose home delivery, I am in Surrey, BC. Purolator tracking is saying its at the Montreal Sort Facility and due to be delivered on Tuesday. Did you see your tracking info update from Montreal before you received it? Thks.

Edited by JudyB

Timeline

Hello, 

Was just going through my documents and realized that my I864 and I864 A forms expired yesterday. Someone was recently asked for I864 and I864A forms. Do i need to fill out new forms when i go for interview? what's the deal with it? anyone in a similar boat?

I was DQ'd on Jan 16 2021 so really hoping that i will get an interview letter this month. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, JudyB said:

Congrats! My interview was also on the 4th. I also chose home delivery, I am in Surrey, BC. Purolator tracking is saying its at the Montreal Sort Facility and due to be delivered on Tuesday. Did you see your tracking info update from Montreal before you received it? Thks.

Yes tracking updated from Montreal Sort Facility to In Transit on Friday evening and was delivered the next day.

Timeline

Has anyone activated their visa at Pearson and can give me a sense of how long it should take? I'll have a layover from Edmonton to Washington D.C. and cross into the US at Pearson. That connection is tight at the best of times, so wondering if anyone has an idea how long the secondary inspection typically takes there.

Edited by HD_BIRDS

1 hour ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Has anyone activated their visa at Pearson and can give me a sense of how long it should take? I'll have a layover from Edmonton to Washington D.C. and cross into the US at Pearson. That connection is tight at the best of times, so wondering if anyone has an idea how long the secondary inspection typically takes there.

Actually if you are leaving from Edmonton (since you live there I am assuming that is the case) you should be able to do it all at the Edm Intl Airport. I think if your final destination is the US they clear you at the point of origin. If so CBP has a permanent installation there just after you pass through security that you most likely will have to go through. I think you can do it all right there. I think you should give at least 1 - 1.5 hrs for CBP to process and add your normal 2 hrs for security just to be on the safe side.  Hope that helps. 

On another note I am seeing my passport tracking saying it is in  transit, but the details say Montreal sorting facility. I called Purolator and they told me that on the wknds they don't update the tracking info (strange if you ask me). In any case did your details show anything different like when it arrived at the EDM sorting facility or was on the truck out for delivery before you got it? Thks.

Edited by JudyB

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JudyB said:

Actually if you are leaving from Edmonton (since you live there I am assuming that is the case) you should be able to do it all at the Edm Intl Airport. I think if your final destination is the US they clear you at the point of origin. If so CBP has a permanent installation there just after you pass through security that you most likely will have to go through. I think you can do it all right there. I think you should give at least 1 - 1.5 hrs for CBP to process and add your normal 2 hrs for security just to be on the safe side.  Hope that helps. 

On another note I am seeing my passport tracking saying it is in  transit, but the details say Montreal sorting facility. I called Purolator and they told me that on the wknds they don't update the tracking info (strange if you ask me). In any case did your details show anything different like when it arrived at the EDM sorting facility or was on the truck out for delivery before you got it? Thks.

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't do the processing in Edmonton since I am flying domestically to Toronto, then on to the U.S. You are required to activate the immigrant visa at your port of entry to the United States. I am going to give myself 2.5 hours at Pearson and hope for the best!

I didn't get any updates that it had arrived in Edmonton or out for delivery. It changed to in transit, and arrived the next day. I bet you'll receive it by tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't do the processing in Edmonton since I am flying domestically to Toronto, then on to the U.S. You are required to activate the immigrant visa at your port of entry to the United States. I am going to give myself 2.5 hours at Pearson and hope for the best!

I didn't get any updates that it had arrived in Edmonton or out for delivery. It changed to in transit, and arrived the next day. I bet you'll receive it by tomorrow.

Super Thks and wish you an easy crossing! Don't forget to pay for the immigrant Visa Fee before you cross here is the link if you need it. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee There's always another fee.... hahahaha!

6 hours ago, harshshah said:

Hello, 

Was just going through my documents and realized that my I864 and I864 A forms expired yesterday. Someone was recently asked for I864 and I864A forms. Do i need to fill out new forms when i go for interview? what's the deal with it? anyone in a similar boat?

I was DQ'd on Jan 16 2021 so really hoping that i will get an interview letter this month. 

It expires? How long is it good for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.