Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all.  Had my interview on Monday and he said he intends to approve my visa. My employer and landlord want their notice if I'm quitting/moving. I checked my status on ceac today and it says issued but then below says administrative processing.  Back to work this morning and I have no idea what to tell them?  Anybody else get this? Thanks! 

20210825_050122~2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, JOLUANY said:

...says administrative processing.  Back to work this morning and I have no idea what to tell them?  Anybody else get this? Thanks! 

20210825_050122~2.jpg

AP is covered in the FAQ document

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, OceanBleux said:

And where would this FAQ document be?  That would be helpful

Thanks!

If you look at @Hawk Riders post above this one, there is a link in the signature at the end of the post. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CGs_Mother said:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report that my teenager and I got our PR cards (they are not green anymore - in fact, they are pink but "pink cards" mean something entirely different in Canada!) via USPS Priority Delivery on August 23, which would make that pretty well a month after our arrival, and 2 weeks after we received our SSN cards. They arrived on the same day as my Elections Canada ballot, so I find that ironic! 

Thank you to everyone here, in VJ and in this thread especially, for helping us with everything and keeping us calm and assuaging our fears since 2019. It took a long while, especially with COVID, but we made it and we are here, and you all will make it and be here too!

See you in 5 years when/if I decide to file for citizenship :) 

Congratulations and interesting to note the cards are pink :)

FYI you will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 3 years, being a spouse of a US citizen and living with them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, JOLUANY said:

Good morning all.  Had my interview on Monday and he said he intends to approve my visa. My employer and landlord want their notice if I'm quitting/moving. I checked my status on ceac today and it says issued but then below says administrative processing.  Back to work this morning and I have no idea what to tell them?  Anybody else get this? Thanks! 

This isn't the AP black hole (it'd say "refused" otherwise). I would imagine that the message will change to "Final Administrative Processing. Visa should arrive in 5 days" or something to that effect before the end of the week, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
1 hour ago, OceanBleux said:

And where would this FAQ document be?  That would be helpful

Thanks!

Welcome friend in this thread. I saw from your timeline your interview date was last Monday. Would appreciate if you share experience and outcome of your interview. Thanks.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Kai G. Llewellyn said:

This isn't the AP black hole (it'd say "refused" otherwise). I would imagine that the message will change to "Final Administrative Processing. Visa should arrive in 5 days" or something to that effect before the end of the week, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Thanks kai. Talked to. My boss today and told them I will have no idea until I get more info.  Hopefully have a text saying Purolator is on its way with the passport.  Then I'll. Let them. Know

Timeline
1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report that my teenager and I got our PR cards (they are not green anymore - in fact, they are pink but "pink cards" mean something entirely different in Canada!) via USPS Priority Delivery on August 23, which would make that pretty well a month after our arrival, and 2 weeks after we received our SSN cards. They arrived on the same day as my Elections Canada ballot, so I find that ironic! 

Thank you to everyone here, in VJ and in this thread especially, for helping us with everything and keeping us calm and assuaging our fears since 2019. It took a long while, especially with COVID, but we made it and we are here, and you all will make it and be here too!

See you in 5 years when/if I decide to file for citizenship :) 

Congratulations once again and finally done with all the waiting times (IL, Passport & visa on hand, SSN, Green Card/Pink Card LOL). Welcome AmeriCanuk :dancing:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline

Hopefully, I’m flying out of YVR on the seventh with our daughter for 4 months. At the rate things are going, it’s going to be at least January before my interview (DQ’d February 10th). 

I’ve got my tenancy agreement, car insurance, trailer insurance, a letter from my employer stating that I’m expected to be back in the first week of January, a letter from my mom saying she has all of my original documents for the interview (marriage certificate, daughter’s CRBA, medical information, police certificate, etc..), travel insurance that ends January 4th, and return tickets. 

Can anyone think of anything else that would show I’m definitely coming back to Canada?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AMooseInTheHoose said:

Hopefully, I’m flying out of YVR on the seventh with our daughter for 4 months. At the rate things are going, it’s going to be at least January before my interview (DQ’d February 10th). 

I’ve got my tenancy agreement, car insurance, trailer insurance, a letter from my employer stating that I’m expected to be back in the first week of January, a letter from my mom saying she has all of my original documents for the interview (marriage certificate, daughter’s CRBA, medical information, police certificate, etc..), travel insurance that ends January 4th, and return tickets. 

Can anyone think of anything else that would show I’m definitely coming back to Canada?

That sounds like it is more than enough, and by a lot. Good luck, and enjoy your stay with your spouse.

Timeline
On 8/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, Twiz&Toz said:

Did you need the chicken pox vaccine? I had them when I was little just don’t have a record of it. 

I am up to date on all my vaccines. I actually went to my family doctor and she pulled and printed off all my health and vaccination history and signed it for me to bring. I am not sure if that will work as proof of vaccination but I sure hope it will. I had chicken pox as a child and in my blood work it shows up that I am immune so she included and and wrote a note. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, AMooseInTheHoose said:

That sounds good! ...Just a thought but I would bring your originals with you. Does your child already have CBRA? if so bring their birth certificate and US passport and the certificate so you can get them their SS number!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.