Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my fingerprints done at commissionaires for the police check on August 5..  It was returned to me within 10 days completed! They told me 4-6 weeks due to covid backlog. Super simple too and seems to be exactly right. 

Is there a specific thread for seeing where Montreal is at date wise for DQ dates vs interviews for cr1? 

I'd like to watch the trends in the coming months til we are DQ...! 

5 hours ago, kkeys said:

I had my fingerprints done at commissionaires for the police check on August 5..  It was returned to me within 10 days completed! They told me 4-6 weeks due to covid backlog. Super simple too and seems to be exactly right. 

Is there a specific thread for seeing where Montreal is at date wise for DQ dates vs interviews for cr1? 

I'd like to watch the trends in the coming months til we are DQ...! 

Yeah it’s in hawkriders signature 

Timeline

Received email to track the passport, should get it on Tuesday at the pickup location in Montreal.

FYI I was freaking out not having the email yet but the status already "issued" with the message that I should contact the courier service if I did get it back within 5 business days. The email takes actually at least 2 business days to be sent after status changed to that state. That would be nice to add this information to the FAQ for future JV members.

Edited by T&S_MTL

Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 12:06 PM, mam521 said:

Where/how did you make the inquiry?  

I inquired through MyUSCIS and had it escalated that way because it had been over 90 days.  Took 177, actually!  

I inquired in late June and it wouldn’t let me do the I-90 form because our number didn’t match. It made me do the 485 or something like that. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, RG4CANUSA said:

Good Morning.

Did anybody hear of letters being sent out in august for September interviews?  I must have missed the post if this was already posted.

THanks.

Yes. They were sent out on Aug 11th.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
24 minutes ago, RG4CANUSA said:

Thanks @RE_RHEDZ77. Any indication the DQ dates considered for September Interviews?

See the spreadsheet by Hawk Riders. DQ dates considered are those DQ'd on Oct 6 '20 to Oct. 20 '20 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emilyy said:

Alberta friends.... Which Medical did you make your appointment at and why?
I am DQ October 28,2020 so really hopeful for the next batch and I need to financially plan...
Is there a list of how much each place charges also?

I’m in Calgary and am flying out to Vancouver tomorrow for my medical. I only ever considered van because it’s the closest but I wish I had looked into the prices for flights to Toronto at the time. Usually flying to van you can snag a 100$ round trip from here but I paid almost 450$...and I have friends going to Toronto in September for fun because the flights are much cheaper than usual, around 200$ I believe. So I think it really depends when you go.

also sorry misread about how much each dr office charges. I think you can go to their websites through the links on travel.state.gov site 

Edited by MadKittyCat

Timeline

Does the embassy keep the original 1040 tax form and original Canadian police certificate at the interview ? When going through my blinder, I realized they did not give them back to me (and I don't think I lost them)

Edited by T&S_MTL

Timeline

Can anyone clarify for me a question about which documents to bring to my interview? For the I-864 (joint sponsor) and Form 1040 taxes, they are scanned copies because my husband and my joint sponsor are in the US and I am in Canada. Am I supposed to ask them to mail me the originals? Or do I just bring the signed scanned copies to my interview? Thank you!!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, yyctous said:

Can anyone clarify for me a question about which documents to bring to my interview? For the I-864 (joint sponsor) and Form 1040 taxes, they are scanned copies because my husband and my joint sponsor are in the US and I am in Canada. Am I supposed to ask them to mail me the originals? Or do I just bring the signed scanned copies to my interview? Thank you!!

On 8/6/2021 at 8:34 AM, Fobosdaemios said:

Yes, my wife started a new job so I updated the form and uploaded to the site. I'm strongly advise you to bring everything you uploaded on the CEAC website and photocopy any of your Original documents and also have a look at this https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/appointment-checklist/ .

I almost got turned back because of their system didn't see my new i-864 form that I uploaded. Luckily I was well prepared and had a physical copy with me. Like a lot of people here mentioned, it doesn't take much time to have a print those documents out. After waiting for such along time for a interview appointment, you don't want to risk of getting rescheduled just because lacking of 1 document. Rather be safe than sorry.

@yyctous Hope this can help. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
1 minute ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

@yyctous Hope this can help. 

Thank you for your reply! I might not have been clear with my question though. I do plan on printing all the documents and bringing them to the interview with me. However, I'm wondering if the Form 1040 my joint sponsor scans to me (and then I print) is adequate or if I need to ask my joint sponsor to mail me the original form 1040 and then bring that with me (I also have the same question about the signed I-864 we uploaded to NVC and had approved). 

Thanks again!

Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 8:50 AM, JudyB said:

Just a bit more info:

I have been living in Canada for the past 14yrs. I also became a Canadian Cit.  I sponsored my spouse and we were DQ'd on Dec 4th. I am re-domiciling in the US. I have uploaded a lease as well as the last 3 months of utilities and car/home insurance for US residence. I also have a new US employer since April that is allowing me to work remotely until my spouse receives their visa. I am paid by direct deposit into my US bank account. I uploaded my letter of offer/acceptance and paystubs as well as the corresponding bank deposits stmts of my payroll. I also have moved the majority of our household possessions and furniture to US residence. I uploaded the moving costs etc. And I imported one of our vehicles to the US and uploaded the new registration. Is this enough to prove re-domicile? And is it ok if I am staying with my spouse in Canada while he waits to be approved for his visa? Just wanting to avoid any AP delays etc.

I would suspect that that should be more than enough. I was able to prove that I maintained domicile in the US while "temporarily residing" in Canada for close to 6 years with a combination of bank account statements, credit card and retirement account statements, US employer paystubs and W-2s, US charity donation receipts, and home ownership (we purchased it after we were DQ'ed but haven't moved in yet).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.