Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Hi guys,
                I am following this thread for a couple of months and it’s helping me a lot in my CR-1 file as I do not have a lawyer. So mostly I rely on this wonderful community. I was DQ on Oct/20/2020. I have a couple of questions, I would appreciate if you could give me some advice about it.

1)  When we submitted our i-864 at that time my wife’s(petitioner) mailing address and physical address were different but now her physical address is the same as the mailing address and also she changed her job too so should we need to submit a new I-864 ??

2) We have a joint Sponsor and  we have uploaded his tax transcript and W2, as he(joint sponsor)is married so do I need to submit their I-864A too? ( I haven’t submitted it before)

Thanks 

June Visa stats: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JUNE 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

CR1 10

E2 3

E3 20

EW 2

F1 3

F2B 1

F3 51

F4 14

FX 15

IR1 37

IR2 8

IR5 84

SE 5

Other visa categories seems to have  had a bump in May

Edited by usaBoundSud

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Help! Can someone tell me whether we are in in the queue, or whether we are on a perpetual delay until we take further action? DQ to interview is long and tedious, and I want to make sure we don't get left behind in the slowly-moving queue.  I realize there will be eventual action needed, and we are making the necessary preparation, but it would be impossible to sign work agreements, rental agreements, etc. so far in advance. I just want to make sure that we are actually headed to the interview as the case stands, and not on a perpetual delay as streams of other applicants pass us in the queue.

image.png.c1292b31f79fd2ea5b4a8032b1279a22.png

Another message:  *** might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. For more information on domicile requirements, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin.

image.png.0cdec9b54865e643bd18907a60345d8f.png

Timeline

As a Canadian immigrant, now citizen, I had to do the "flag pole" which consists of going to the US border, and immediately go back to Canada in order to validate a visa (whether it's a work visa or the PR with a foreign passport, different from the one used for the US immigration). Do some of you guys know if this is considered as being turned around / denied entry ? I just want make there is no issues at the interview with this, and if this should be mentioned. Thanks

Edited by T&S_MTL

Timeline

To those who are in AP because they were refused at the border, did your printed letter look like this?

I tried crossing the land border last August with my husband (Canada had graciously let him through the land border when he crossed over for spousal reunification in June). We naively though it would be the same for me, especially that we were together.

They were actually nice, said it was not possible by land…so they told me to fly instead. And that’s what I did two days later.

I checked my I-94, and it’s not in there. I’m guessing that refusal lives somewhere else that we don’t have access?

Seeing how so many people are in AP, I probably will be as well. Mentally preparing for that now…

4002FF44-CBFA-40BE-BB92-7A6731182B03.jpeg

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

As a Canadian immigrant, now citizen, I had to do the "flag pole" which consists of going to the US border, and immediately go back to Canada in order to validate a visa (whether it's a work visa or the PR with a foreign passport, different from the one used for the US immigration). Do some of you guys know if this is considered as being turned around / denied entry ? I just want make there is no issues at the interview with this, and if this should be mentioned. Thanks

It doesn't sound like you will have a problem. You went into the USA and came right back out I do not see a problem with that. Just like a day visit. You can mention it if you want, but I think it will fine. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MR.M& MRS.S said:

Hi guys,
                I am following this thread for a couple of months and it’s helping me a lot in my CR-1 file as I do not have a lawyer. So mostly I rely on this wonderful community. I was DQ on Oct/20/2020. I have a couple of questions, I would appreciate if you could give me some advice about it.

1)  When we submitted our i-864 at that time my wife’s(petitioner) mailing address and physical address were different but now her physical address is the same as the mailing address and also she changed her job too so should we need to submit a new I-864 ??

2) We have a joint Sponsor and  we have uploaded his tax transcript and W2, as he(joint sponsor)is married so do I need to submit their I-864A too? ( I haven’t submitted it before)

Thanks 

You do not need to submit a new I-864 for the changes, you can let them know at the interview. For the joint sponsor who is married, you do need to have the I-864A as long as he is filing taxes joint with his wife. Here is a video that will help you.

Edited by Ontarkie
edited to remove youtube video

Timeline
51 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

You entered USA successfully and then returned to Canada, so no, you were not denied entry/ turned around at the border. Your record (at least related to that visit) should be clear and not raise any flags/ issues.

1 hour ago, usaBoundSud said:

June Visa stats: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JUNE 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

CR1 10

E2 3

E3 20

EW 2

F1 3

F2B 1

F3 51

F4 14

FX 15

IR1 37

IR2 8

IR5 84

SE 5

Other visa categories seems to have  had a bump in May

At lest they did some. I’m guessing after sept they will maybe bump us back up. I seen a posting that Montreal was hiring more ppl.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Family One said:

Help! Can someone tell me whether we are in in the queue, or whether we are on a perpetual delay until we take further action? DQ to interview is long and tedious, and I want to make sure we don't get left behind in the slowly-moving queue.  I realize there will be eventual action needed, and we are making the necessary preparation, but it would be impossible to sign work agreements, rental agreements, etc. so far in advance. I just want to make sure that we are actually headed to the interview as the case stands, and not on a perpetual delay as streams of other applicants pass us in the queue.

image.png.c1292b31f79fd2ea5b4a8032b1279a22.png

Another message:  *** might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. For more information on domicile requirements, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin.

image.png.0cdec9b54865e643bd18907a60345d8f.png

I'm not seeing a document qualified message, so I'd assume you still need to submit additional documentation. The fastest way to confirm is to call the NVC

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

2 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

You do not need to submit a new I-864 for the changes, you can let them know at the interview. For the joint sponsor who is married, you do need to have the I-864A as long as he is filing taxes joint with his wife. Here is a video that will help you.

Thanks a lot, can you send me that video link 

Edited by MR.M& MRS.S

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MR.M& MRS.S said:

Thanks a lot, can you send me that video link 

I sent it in private if you did not get it message me.

Timeline

Hey guys, where do we pay the immigrant fee? The link they gave me here in this letter does not work . 

I wasn't even aware of this fee, I thought we paid everything through CEAC. So looks like there is an 

immigrant fee that needs to be paid to USCIS of $220 before crossing the border. Help please!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

223069878_529359404975297_5483782809622038216_n.jpg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

Hey guys, where do we pay the immigrant fee? The link they gave me here in this letter does not work . 

I wasn't even aware of this fee, I thought we paid everything through CEAC. So looks like there is an 

immigrant fee that needs to be paid to USCIS of $220 before crossing the border. Help please!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

223069878_529359404975297_5483782809622038216_n.jpg

use this link - I just paid mine an hour ago. if pasting the link into address bar doesn't work - try again. it worked the second time for me

https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/

Timeline
18 minutes ago, B&Grr said:

use this link - I just paid mine an hour ago. if pasting the link into address bar doesn't work - try again. it worked the second time for me

https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee/

YUP now it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.