hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, hollandfriend said:

You don't need access code. All you need to do is to create an account in https://myaccount.uscis.gov/ then add your IOE receipt number into your account.

I believe it requires an access code since the application was paper based converted to IOE/electronic case - https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-to-create-a-uscis-online-account. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
43 minutes ago, zappyrun said:

I believe it requires an access code since the application was paper based converted to IOE/electronic case - https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-to-create-a-uscis-online-account. 

I'm so sorry that I gave you a wrong advice. Why don't just create an account first and add your case to see what happens?

4 minutes ago, hollandfriend said:

I'm so sorry that I gave you a wrong advice. Why don't just create an account first and add your case to see what happens?

No worries at all - you are just trying to help in good faith and I appreciate that. 🙏

I already have an account with USCIS since I did my wife's I-130 and I-485 process. The only option I get is to add a paper based application, and that requires a code. I don't have an option to add an online case, because I'm guessing that the folks that submitted the form online would have done it from their account itself and hence the case would appear in the account automatically. 

I guess I'll have to wait for 30 days to see if I receive a code and contact them if not. 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 minutes ago, zappyrun said:

No worries at all - you are just trying to help in good faith and I appreciate that. 🙏

I already have an account with USCIS since I did my wife's I-130 and I-485 process. The only option I get is to add a paper based application, and that requires a code. I don't have an option to add an online case, because I'm guessing that the folks that submitted the form online would have done it from their account itself and hence the case would appear in the account automatically. 

I guess I'll have to wait for 30 days to see if I receive a code and contact them if not. 🙂

I see and I wish you luck for your case😄

4 hours ago, hollandfriend said:

I see and I wish you luck for your case😄

Thank you so much. :)

Also, I just got the mail with the online access code and I was able to add the case to the online account. So, all's well. :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

I have submitted my N-400 on 16 Aug online and soon I got NOA about submission and reuse of my biometrics. Before biometric reuse NOA processing time was 13 months, now its approx. 7 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 5:37 AM, zappyrun said:

I also filled paper, do you think the receipt notice for N400 comes with IOE and then we can connect with our N400 ? Because i never received any IOE in other notices like i751,485 etc

Thanks,

superman

1 hour ago, superhuman said:

I also filled paper, do you think the receipt notice for N400 comes with IOE and then we can connect with our N400 ? Because i never received any IOE in other notices like i751,485 etc

Thanks,

superman

I’m not too sure if this is true for all N400 applications. But if you do get an IOE receipt number, then you should be able to connect it in your account. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, new to this thread. 

We filed N-400 on August 18th via the online application - K1 Visa in 2016 -> AOS 2017-18 -> ROC 2020, and now N-400, marriage-based filer (my wife) from Philippines.

Received our NOA 1 and Biometrics notice (just a notice that they'd be reusing existing biometrics from our AOS process and that we didn't need to do it again) on the same day. 

Now, the long wait for an interview date.  Estimated time began at 15 months, now 13 months, hoping we get the update for 9 months as others on here have.

Best of wishes to you all in your process!  Let's help each other get through this!

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Aj-Ind said:

Hello all,

I have submitted my N-400 on 16 Aug online and soon I got NOA about submission and reuse of my biometrics. Before biometric reuse NOA processing time was 13 months, now its approx. 7 months.

Hi, when you say the time-frame updated after biometrics re-use, did you see any case update after the initial "in-progress / receipt notice" update?  That's the only update we have, it still estimates 13 moths, but if I click on the documents tab, there is a biometrics reuse notice, so I was curious if that was all you saw before the time was shortened?

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, papasmf said:

Hi, when you say the time-frame updated after biometrics re-use, did you see any case update after the initial "in-progress / receipt notice" update?  That's the only update we have, it still estimates 13 moths, but if I click on the documents tab, there is a biometrics reuse notice, so I was curious if that was all you saw before the time was shortened?

I didn’t see any case update on the tab you are talking about. It shows only in documents section tab that they reused my biometric. But the case status tab says only about our application being submitted and under review. 

I have a stupid question, if someone can help me with this. Travel outside the US, does it include the time you were outside the US while processing the K1 visa? We haven't left the US for the 3 years that we were married. I would answer NO to this question since I don't have a return date. Inputs anyone? Thanks!

1 hour ago, msscarlette said:

I have a stupid question, if someone can help me with this. Travel outside the US, does it include the time you were outside the US while processing the K1 visa? We haven't left the US for the 3 years that we were married. I would answer NO to this question since I don't have a return date. Inputs anyone? Thanks!

I believe its the last 3 years if filing with the marriage to USC and 5 years if filing that route.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/24/2021 at 8:44 PM, msscarlette said:

If you applied 3 year rule and never left the US 3 years prior to your application then definitely you say now to that question

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hi all! Joining here with you. I feel absolutely stupid! I moved to US November 20th 2018. I have been thinking that whole time I can file for my citizenship in September 2021. And I realized just today that 90 days from November 20th is not September 20th but August 20th. So I could have already sent the papers in last week! And I have absolutely nothing prepared! Well, time to jump on that train now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.