hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i recieved biometric reusing notice and online access code to attache paper file case to online. Now it says 14 months time period. Oh god i though people getting 6 to 8 months of n400 decision. 

Hi All,  joining the ranks!  I just submitted my online application for N-400.  I am so excited to get to the last stage of this entire journey - over 5 years and thousands of dollars later.....I've been here since the K1 journey and just got the energy to pursue the N-400.  Lets go!!  Wishing you all the best of luck!

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

4 hours ago, superhuman said:

i recieved biometric reusing notice and online access code to attache paper file case to online. Now it says 14 months time period. Oh god i though people getting 6 to 8 months of n400 decision. 

What is your local field office? Did you file paper or online? How long did it take to get biometric reuse and access code from when you filed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
5 hours ago, superhuman said:

Don't even look at that estimated time, it's completely wrong and doesn't reflect the reality, and it's going to jump up and down, so just wait, I strongly believe that Biden's administration works super hard to complete N400 cases, I applied in February, and it showed 10 months, then moved to 6, in July they scheduled my interview for August, same day it jumped from 6 to 8 month, in August 10 days ago I passed my interview and got my citizenship same day, so just wait and don't that estimated time to confuse you or God forbid to cause you any mental pain/stress, good luck!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, boston_immi said:

What is your local field office? Did you file paper or online? How long did it take to get biometric reuse and access code from when you filed?

I think local field office would be santa ana ,ca , I use paper file and uscis received application on 13th august, I received my receipt notice and online code and figure reusing notice today.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Savva said:

Don't even look at that estimated time, it's completely wrong and doesn't reflect the reality, and it's going to jump up and down, so just wait, I strongly believe that Biden's administration works super hard to complete N400 cases, I applied in February, and it showed 10 months, then moved to 6, in July they scheduled my interview for August, same day it jumped from 6 to 8 month, in August 10 days ago I passed my interview and got my citizenship same day, so just wait and don't that estimated time to confuse you or God forbid to cause you any mental pain/stress, good luck!!!

cool. thanks, now just wait and prepare for the interview. 

Just coming back to say that this morning my timeline was reduced to 14 months (down from 15 months when I submitted yesterday) and I got a notification that my case is being actively reviewed.  Thats so much faster than the process used to be!  I really hope this means an expedited timeline.

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, kandikandi said:

Just coming back to say that this morning my timeline was reduced to 14 months (down from 15 months when I submitted yesterday) and I got a notification that my case is being actively reviewed.  Thats so much faster than the process used to be!  I really hope this means an expedited timeline.

Mine originally said 13 months, within a week went down to 9.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I applied for my N400 on Aug 25, got the notice that they would reuse my biometrics right after. On August 30th my interview was scheduled for September 30th.

Is this the interview that I will have to take a civic test?

If so, how long do I wait for the oath ceremony right after?

Surprised this is moving so fast as the last few years have been so slow!

Got the receipt notice today, I’m not sure about the access code though!!! Anybody can explain that to me please because I don’t see it on the notice!!!

I checked my case online and it’s showing case actively being reviewed, don’t know what that means too:)

I paper filed my N400 and priority date is August 20th

4 hours ago, lostbutterfly said:

Hello,

I applied for my N400 on Aug 25, got the notice that they would reuse my biometrics right after. On August 30th my interview was scheduled for September 30th.

Is this the interview that I will have to take a civic test?

If so, how long do I wait for the oath ceremony right after?

Surprised this is moving so fast as the last few years have been so slow!

Wow that was so fast??? What did you do guys to USCIS?

Update - Today my estimated time went down to 12 months from 13 months.

• 8/10/2021: N-400 applied (online).
  • 8/10/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
  • 10/29/2021: Interview Scheduled for Dec 6
  • 12/06/2021: Applicaton Approved. Same Day Oath Ceremony. Hartford, CT

Timeline
15 hours ago, kandikandi said:

2 hours ago, sam08 said:

Update - Today my estimated time went down to 12 months from 13 months.

It happens each 30th or 31th or the first of the month, it goes down one month

8 hours ago, Savva said:

It happens each 30th or 31th or the first of the month, it goes down one month

Haha your right, mine just dropped to 8 months

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

Haha your right, mine just dropped to 8 months

Believe me lol, I was watching my account 55 times a day since applied haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.