hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Received NOA and Biometrics Reuse Notice yesterday! 

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

I will be submitting the application tomorrow. I have a question about additional evidence. I sent them everything they asked for and the last one says to upload any additional evidence to help you case. What other evidence could you submit that they didnt ask for? anybody send extra evidence?

Edited by Bob in Boston

5 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

I will be submitting the application tomorrow. I have a question about additional evidence. I sent them everything they asked for and the last one says to upload any additional evidence to help you case. What other evidence could you submit that they didnt ask for? anybody send extra evidence?

We have always gone w/ over providing. They've never been so clear before on any of the other documentation and we always provided more on top of the generalities and such based on VJ.
A lot of that comes from perhaps some of the K1 scrutiny which may be more / less based on your circumstances?
So still a lot of marriage/life merging / comingling validation. Account ownerships. Tax Transcripts. Pictures. Bank statements. Travel docs. Beneficiary info. Physical asset ownerships. Anything we can find that lists us both on there.

This was far more difficult as b/w the long layover since the GC, haven't been as judicious about organizing all this stuff in advance.
Curious we went thru the trouble of posting the passport photos but they didn't explicitly ask for those. Which w/ Costco photos closed got more expensive and my wife being a complete dork about them.

Kids got in the way.
Wife and I don't feel very photogenic, unlike the kids so we don't race to take photos nor together as often we don't 'selfie' all that much. Her arms are far too short, I don't particularly care to take photos of myself and getting the kids to sit for one single pic still eludes us after these years.  Couldn't really go anywhere or do much with pandemic.

Edited by heo luoi

Man is it weird and frustrating after all these steps and biometrics reuse and take the fee everytime. On this N400 it was essentially instantly shown, kinda wish could have just told me that vs having to pay.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Today  I fillled my N400 .  Now cross fingers... I file in orange county california. i don't know how much time its taking currently . i hope it comes asap. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, Bob in Boston said:

Usually you just need green card and 2 passport size picture that is minimum i think they required. everything else like either you alreayd submitted or just bring to your interview. that is what i think but please take advice from experts.

6 hours ago, superhuman said:

Usually you just need green card and 2 passport size picture that is minimum i think they required. everything else like either you alreayd submitted or just bring to your interview. that is what i think but please take advice from experts.

I'm kind of treating this like a mini I751. House deed, utilities, property taxes in both our names. A few bank statements and life Insurance Beneficiary paper. If they want more I can send it in or Bring to interview. This evidence is above and beyond the Marriage Cert, Divorces, Birth Cert and Passport  of Spouse, Taxes etc etc that are required based on how you answered the Application questions. Ill let you know how I do.

9 hours ago, superhuman said:

Crud honestly with this form online and ease of uploading stuff  and such going on lately I didn't deep dive into the forums/guides like I have in the past 😕 
Now you got me kicking myself.😞

Well I sent mine out yesterday, now the waiting begins.  They havent waived the Biometrics yet but its been less than 24 hours..... we'll see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/15/2021 at 8:59 PM, Bob in Boston said:

Taxes, put in there your taxes for 5 last years. I submitted everything they ask for when applied, plus taxes as additional evidences. Yesterday the officer asking me for nothing, literally nothing besides my green card that he looked at and put away (it scared me at first that he didn't give it to me back, but then 10 minutes later I understood why) my application was approved and 20 minutes later I've became a US citizen 🤠🤭

Good luck!!!!!

Edited by Savva

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 12:46 AM, superhuman said:

2 pictures are needed if you submit a paper version of N400, there is no need for 2 passport pictures if you submit electronically/online

6 minutes ago, Savva said:

was approved and 20 minutes later I've became a US citizen 🤠🤭

Good luck!!!!!

Well Congratulations! Your Journey is over!

8 minutes ago, Savva said:

2 pictures are needed if you submit a paper version of N400, there is no need for 2 passport pictures if you submit electronically/online

My wife was 'lazy' and went to some other place to get her photos taken and this/that and paid a fortune. We ended up going online so yeah total down the drain. /smh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.