JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

208 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Status for 

4 minutes ago, minny said:

Hi all, we got our NOA2 on Aug 10th. However, we have not heard anything from NVC. Is this normal?

Have you called them? 

Timeline

Visa Petition marked ready. Went ahead and scheduled interview at October 6th.

2 minutes ago, minny said:

No. I didn't think I would have to as we are using a lawyer. But I guess I should?

Someone should call. Check your spam email for email from NVC too. Call them early like 7-9 AM est or you might have trouble getting through.

Edited by Nazim and Debbie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nazim and Debbie said:

Visa Petition marked ready. Went ahead and scheduled interview at October 6th.

Someone should call. Check your spam email for email from NVC too.

Ok. We did check spam and there is nothing. Will try calling.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, minny said:

Ok. We did check spam and there is nothing. Will try calling.

Thanks!

Just called. Was only on hold for 25 minutes and I got our case # and invoice #. 

I haven't read much about what is to happen at this point. Do we now just wait till it gets sent to the consulate? or what happens next

Thanks for helping :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, minny said:

Just called. Was only on hold for 25 minutes and I got our case # and invoice #. 

I haven't read much about what is to happen at this point. Do we now just wait till it gets sent to the consulate? or what happens next

Thanks for helping :)

You can look up the status here https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I'm a bit hazy as to what happens next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 6:54 AM, AishaniA93 said:

Ok SO - we had to call the NVC again to get our invoice ID. My fiance asked about an email and the lady was like 'who told you about any email? You need to wait for Sydney to email you and that won't happen until they reopen. NVC will only hold your case. There is no email' 

This is all confusing AF information from my lawyer, who I literally am WAITING to fire. She kept telling us we need to get an email from the NVC, thank God we just took matters into our own and called them otherwise we would have just been sat here twiddling our thumbs waiting for an email that was never going to arrive!

So the next steps are (going off the Aussie visa page, NOT my lawyer): keep checking on your NVC status, maybe weekly or fortnightly (depending on if your consulate is open or not. Sydney is not open so I won't bother checking every week). Your status will go from At NVC to In Transit then to Ready. Once it says ready, you can go ahead and fill out DS-160. At this point Montreal will email you about the next step as well. 

hi my fiance called NVC today and they told him that you need to wait for an email from NVC saying that your case transfer to embassy .we already got our case number i do not know if NVC does another review and administrative processing for cases or not since they did not send my case to the embassy ( my embassy is accepting cases now and there is no backlog)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, macorbin said:

hi my fiance called NVC today and they told him that you need to wait for an email from NVC saying that your case transfer to embassy .we already got our case number i do not know if NVC does another review and administrative processing for cases or not since they did not send my case to the embassy ( my embassy is accepting cases now and there is no backlog)

Yeah we know about the email saying the case is in transit, though we don't expect that email for a while because Sydney is closed and there is now a backlog of around 3 months. 

Idk, our lawyer told us to wait for an email with our case number, so we waited. Then I got impatient so we called the NVC and they said there is no email with a case number. But people here are saying that there is an email with case number. Oh well, end of the day we have our case number lol! 

I don't think they do any AP at the NVC but I know you are not alone with Italy (I assume Naples?) , there are a few people in a facebook group for December 2020 filers I am a part of who were within the dates of being included in the next NVC shipout and weren't. And around 3-4 of them were from Italy. So unsure of what is happening there but you are not the only one I've heard of about Italy. 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

Yeah we know about the email saying the case is in transit, though we don't expect that email for a while because Sydney is closed and there is now a backlog of around 3 months. 

Idk, our lawyer told us to wait for an email with our case number, so we waited. Then I got impatient so we called the NVC and they said there is no email with a case number. But people here are saying that there is an email with case number. Oh well, end of the day we have our case number lol! 

I don't think they do any AP at the NVC but I know you are not alone with Italy (I assume Naples?) , there are a few people in a facebook group for December 2020 filers I am a part of who were within the dates of being included in the next NVC shipout and weren't. And around 3-4 of them were from Italy. So unsure of what is happening there but you are not the only one I've heard of about Italy. 

thanks so much for your message. I have heard that there is no AP but could you please ask your lawyer to make sure there is no AP at NVC stage cause lawyers sometimes have more information in this regard I am worried about that. and yes I am part of that facebook December group but I only know 1 italian girl whose case is in transit now ( based on that NVC schedule time her case got in transit on September 14 ) .do you mean that you know few italians who already got their case number but their case did not send to Napels embassy ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, macorbin said:

thanks so much for your message. I have heard that there is no AP but could you please ask your lawyer to make sure there is no AP at NVC stage cause lawyers sometimes have more information in this regard I am worried about that. and yes I am part of that facebook December group but I only know 1 italian girl whose case is in transit now ( based on that NVC schedule time her case got in transit on September 14 ) .do you mean that you know few italians who already got their case number but their case did not send to Napels embassy ?

There is no AP or any other review for K1 petitions at the NVC. NVC for K1 is simply a placeholder for petitions until embassy requests it. This was also told to us by the NVC rep when we called to get our case number. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, macorbin said:

I can ask but as @Seraph2042 said there won’t be, NVC literally just holds our case like a warehouse until the consulate requests.

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.