JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

208 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, minny said:

If you want you can send the P3 before you receive it physically. Thats what we did and we have our interview date scheduled already :)

We haven't received our email yet with the P3. I know some people are receiving it via snail mail, so maybe ours will be coming that way. Not sure just yet! Hopefully we get it soon.

USCIS
Officially Engaged on January 02, 2021! 
I-129F Filed: January 02, 2021.
NOA1 Received: January 06, 2021.
NOA1 Hard Copy: March 03, 2021.
NOA2 Approval: August 13, 2021.
NOA2 Hard Copy: August 20, 2021.

NVC
Case File Assigned: August 29, 2021.
Case File Issued OTP: September 13, 2021.
Case In Transit: January 4, 2022.
First Ready: January 6, 2022.
Second Ready: January 24, 2022.
P3 Dated: January 24, 2022.
P3 Received by Mail: February 1, 2022.
P3 Sent: February 19, 2022.
P4 Received: February 25, 2022. 

Interview
Interviewed at the Montreal Consulate April 07, 2022.
Interview Approved: April 07, 2022.
Visa Issued: April 12, 2022.
Entry into the US: May 17, 2022.

Married: July 30, 2022!

AOS
AOS, EAD, and AP Concurrently Filed: August 12, 2022.
NOAs: August 17, 2022.
Biometrics Appointment: September 06, 2022.
RFE Courtesy Letter for Form I-693: March 24, 2023.
I-693 Completed and Returned By: April 15, 2023.
EAD and AP Approved: May 01, 2023.
EAD and AP Combo Card Issued: May 10, 2023.

AOS Approval: May 15, 2022.
Card Received: May 22, 2022.

Timeline

Is there anything we have to do in order to get our second ready? Like, fill in the DS-160? Or are we supposed to just wait? 

I-129F Sent: December 15, 2020

I-129 NOA1: December 18, 2020

NOA2: August 13, 2021

NVC Received: September 14, 2021

Timeline
9 hours ago, Dee & Tee said:

Is there anything we have to do in order to get our second ready? Like, fill in the DS-160? Or are we supposed to just wait? 

You just wait. and once you get the 2nd ready you can send packet 3!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Kev & Lexi said:

We haven't received our email yet with the P3. I know some people are receiving it via snail mail, so maybe ours will be coming that way. Not sure just yet! Hopefully we get it soon.

Yeah we never received the email either, just went ahead and sent ours in. But hope you get it soon!

Timeline
On 2/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, minny said:

Ah, really? Thank you for your reply.

I've just been worried as to why I haven't gotten a second ready yet when I've seen many people already get Packet 3.. 😔 Hopefully, it will be soon!

I-129F Sent: December 15, 2020

I-129 NOA1: December 18, 2020

NOA2: August 13, 2021

NVC Received: September 14, 2021

Timeline
On 2/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, minny said:

I've been seeing the mention of a 2nd ready...what does that mean? What does it look like on the NVC Case Status? 

Timeline
On 2/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Candice & Pierre said:

I've been seeing the mention of a 2nd ready...what does that mean? What does it look like on the NVC Case Status? 

2nd Ready is basically when your case is updated again on CEAC. It will have a recent date where is says Case Last Updated

Timeline
On 2/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, minny said:

2nd Ready is basically when your case is updated again on CEAC. It will have a recent date where is says Case Last Updated

ah I see! How long after the first ready did you get yours? So desperate to keep everything moving along like everyone else :')

Timeline
On 2/4/2022 at 10:35 PM, AD1 said:

What is 2nd ready mean? is this for US embassy in Canada only? Our case was ready Jan 20 at US embassy in UAE and have been waiting for email letter so we can fill out ds-160 & make an appointment.

Unfortunately I am not sure if this "2nd ready" is applicable everywhere else. On the Canada forum, some people sent their completed Packet 3 without even having received an email/letter from the consulate :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Candice & Pierre said:

ah I see! How long after the first ready did you get yours? So desperate to keep everything moving along like everyone else :')

We waited 20 days for the 2nd Ready. 

Yes I can imagine! Hopefully you hear something soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

1st ready is CEAC website "ready" and 2nd ready is consulate email letter sent "ready"?

My consulate is in UAE and our case was CEAC website "ready" and we emailed the consulate they told us to wait for the email instructions so we can file ds-160 & make an appointment.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Issued

Case Created:    11-Mar-2022

Case Last Updated:    16-Mar-2022

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Rio de Janeiro.

WOOHOO!!! My fiancé's interview was Feb 8th and his medical exam was Feb 14th. Visa finally issued March 16th, apparently! So we're just waiting on him to actually receive his stuff in the mail. So happy. Soooo freaking happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.