JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

208 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 2:08 PM, AD1 said:

Hello, just trying to understand what exactly we are doing after we receive NOA 2.

Next step will be getting our case number (about 1 month after we receive NOA2) right? this will be done by calling right?

in the forum I also saw there is link to update email addresses. This has to be done for everyone right?

So biggest thing will be getting our case number then fill out DS-160?

last question, in the form we file I entered Istanbul turkey (we thought we can have our interview there) for our interview location but it’s actually in Ankara, Turkey. Will that create an issue for our case number? 

thank you :)  

Yes you get your case number about 3-4 weeks after and yes you need to call them to get that number.

You can update your email address if you’d like but I never got a confirmation that mine was updated. Regardless, I was notified when my case left embassy and went to my embassy. The email they ended up using was the email I had already provided on my original petition.

Most people wait to fill out the DS-160. This information may be embassy specific, but many people wait until the case arrives at their embassy to begin filing out the DS-160. 
Again, that might be embassy specific but it’s what I’ve been seeing so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

Yes you get your case number about 3-4 weeks after and yes you need to call them to get that number.

You can update your email address if you’d like but I never got a confirmation that mine was updated. Regardless, I was notified when my case left embassy and went to my embassy. The email they ended up using was the email I had already provided on my original petition.

Most people wait to fill out the DS-160. This information may be embassy specific, but many people wait until the case arrives at their embassy to begin filing out the DS-160. 
Again, that might be embassy specific but it’s what I’ve been seeing so far.

Thank you :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Finally here!! Approved today. Although i think the next shipment to NVC is in 2 weeks :) Just missed it by a couple days 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Finally here!! Approved today. Although i think the next shipment to NVC is in 2 weeks :) Just missed it by a couple days 

welcome! How do you know when the shipments to NVC are? It seems to be all over the place? 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

3 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

welcome! How do you know when the shipments to NVC are? It seems to be all over the place? 

There is a list of the dates. They post it all over FB all the time. I don’t know how accurate they are but sometimes it seems to line up

Timeline
6 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

NVC ships to consulates/embassies every 2 weeks on Tuesday and Wednesday(if appointments are available). Last shipment was August 17, 18.  Next one will be Aug 31 and Sep 1. 

Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe USCIS follows the same schedule and ships cases to NVC every 2 weeks.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! Fiancé and I are January 2nd filers. Our I-129F package was approved on August 13th, 2021 and today we received our physical copy in the mail. Very pleased and fortunate to be able to follow this thread. 

USCIS
Officially Engaged on January 02, 2021! 
I-129F Filed: January 02, 2021.
NOA1 Received: January 06, 2021.
NOA1 Hard Copy: March 03, 2021.
NOA2 Approval: August 13, 2021.
NOA2 Hard Copy: August 20, 2021.

NVC
Case File Assigned: August 29, 2021.
Case File Issued OTP: September 13, 2021.
Case In Transit: January 4, 2022.
First Ready: January 6, 2022.
Second Ready: January 24, 2022.
P3 Dated: January 24, 2022.
P3 Received by Mail: February 1, 2022.
P3 Sent: February 19, 2022.
P4 Received: February 25, 2022. 

Interview
Interviewed at the Montreal Consulate April 07, 2022.
Interview Approved: April 07, 2022.
Visa Issued: April 12, 2022.
Entry into the US: May 17, 2022.

Married: July 30, 2022!

AOS
AOS, EAD, and AP Concurrently Filed: August 12, 2022.
NOAs: August 17, 2022.
Biometrics Appointment: September 06, 2022.
RFE Courtesy Letter for Form I-693: March 24, 2023.
I-693 Completed and Returned By: April 15, 2023.
EAD and AP Approved: May 01, 2023.
EAD and AP Combo Card Issued: May 10, 2023.

AOS Approval: May 15, 2022.
Card Received: May 22, 2022.

Timeline
10 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

NVC ships to consulates/embassies every 2 weeks on Tuesday and Wednesday(if appointments are available). Last shipment was August 17, 18.  Next one will be Aug 31 and Sep 1. 

Now someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe USCIS follows the same schedule and ships cases to NVC every 2 weeks.  

oh ok, so if the consulate is closed I assume the case will just sit at the NVC 

so our NOA2 was August 11. We were just going to wait like 3-4 weeks before calling NVC since some people who's NOA2's were end July still have said NVC has no number for them. Would this be an ok time frame? We are now in no rush since Sydney consulate has been closed since end July - we would have been more on top of it otherwise. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

oh ok, so if the consulate is closed I assume the case will just sit at the NVC 

so our NOA2 was August 11. We were just going to wait like 3-4 weeks before calling NVC since some people who's NOA2's were end July still have said NVC has no number for them. Would this be an ok time frame? We are now in no rush since Sydney consulate has been closed since end July - we would have been more on top of it otherwise. 

Yes i believe they sit at NVC until the consulate request them. Yes, call in about a month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello everyone! We're so glad we can finally post here! Our case was approved August 20 when we looked at the USCIS case checker online. Our NOA- 1 was January 15. Currently waiting for USCIS to notify us.

Timeline

Does anyone know how NVC sends cases to the consulate? All at once or based on received date? Do they stagger them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.