JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

208 posts in this topic

Is anyone in the same boat where I haven't received a case number from NVC

The NOA2 approval was 12 Aug 21. I was instructed by NVC to submit an inquiry with their email address, nvcresearch@state.gov.

Also called USCIS and was told that it could take up to 90 days for NVC to receive.

I am just seeing the horror stories of folks cases never being received. Praying mine doesn't end up like that T_T

in transit!

what does "Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." mean? Will I be emailed when interview date will be?

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

So is the longest wait "AT NVC" or getting an appointment when the case is at the embassy?

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, stag said:

So is the longest wait "AT NVC" or getting an appointment when the case is at the embassy?

I am guessing NVC. Because Embassies won't request more petitions from NVC if they are backlogged and couldn't accommodate more. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yimc6131 said:

The NOA2 approval was 12 Aug 21. I was instructed by NVC to submit an inquiry with their email address, nvcresearch@state.gov.

Also called USCIS and was told that it could take up to 90 days for NVC to receive.

I am just seeing the horror stories of folks cases never being received. Praying mine doesn't end up like that T_T

90 days just to receive a file seems excessive. Yes, please write to nvcresearch@state.gov and after 2-3 weeks, you should be writing to your local congressperson as well to make an enquiry with NVC/USCIS. From what I read in other posts, nvcresearch@state.gov itself sometimes take months to respond, so this situation sucks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, Yimc6131 said:

Not receiving your case number doesn't necessarily mean your case is lost!

I was approved on Aug 13 and didn't received my case letter in the mail either, so I called NVC and they gave it to me! Try calling around 7am-8am EST.  :) 

I-129F Sent: December 15, 2020

I-129 NOA1: December 18, 2020

NOA2: August 13, 2021

NVC Received: September 14, 2021

Ready!

Confused on what to do next. Do I have to wait to receive a packet via email from the Consulate or do I go ahead and start filling out the DS-160 form?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
45 minutes ago, stag said:

Ready!

Confused on what to do next. Do I have to wait to receive a packet via email from the Consulate or do I go ahead and start filling out the DS-160 form?

yes. and you can book your interview!

2 minutes ago, cookiemonster8482 said:

yes. and you can book your interview!

Great so I fill out DS-160, then I can book an interview? Where/When do I have to submit the Affidavit of Support documents? 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I've been very involved in the Montreal Facebook group recently and have been seeing a lot of May/June 2021 and even September 2021 NOA2 recipients receiving their "In Transit" status on their CEAC. I'm not sure why the embassy is pulling cases so out of order, as these people have stated that they never expedited their cases or anything. It could just be because the consulate is now operating fully. Regardless, it is making me very hopeful that our case will be chosen soon! Stay hopeful Canadian fiance(e)s! ❤️ 

Edited by Kev & Lexi

USCIS
Officially Engaged on January 02, 2021! 
I-129F Filed: January 02, 2021.
NOA1 Received: January 06, 2021.
NOA1 Hard Copy: March 03, 2021.
NOA2 Approval: August 13, 2021.
NOA2 Hard Copy: August 20, 2021.

NVC
Case File Assigned: August 29, 2021.
Case File Issued OTP: September 13, 2021.
Case In Transit: January 4, 2022.
First Ready: January 6, 2022.
Second Ready: January 24, 2022.
P3 Dated: January 24, 2022.
P3 Received by Mail: February 1, 2022.
P3 Sent: February 19, 2022.
P4 Received: February 25, 2022. 

Interview
Interviewed at the Montreal Consulate April 07, 2022.
Interview Approved: April 07, 2022.
Visa Issued: April 12, 2022.
Entry into the US: May 17, 2022.

Married: July 30, 2022!

AOS
AOS, EAD, and AP Concurrently Filed: August 12, 2022.
NOAs: August 17, 2022.
Biometrics Appointment: September 06, 2022.
RFE Courtesy Letter for Form I-693: March 24, 2023.
I-693 Completed and Returned By: April 15, 2023.
EAD and AP Approved: May 01, 2023.
EAD and AP Combo Card Issued: May 10, 2023.

AOS Approval: May 15, 2022.
Card Received: May 22, 2022.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, stag said:

Great so I fill out DS-160, then I can book an interview? Where/When do I have to submit the Affidavit of Support documents? 

Depends on the embassy. I’m not certain about your embassies procedure so I can’t say if you can schedule your interview. My embassy won’t allow us to schedule interviews. We have to wait for them to schedule it for us and email us the date. Be sure to double check and see what applies for yours. 

The affidavit of support I-134 is not filed anywhere, it is brought in person to your interview. You can find the form online on the USCIS website 

Timeline

Do we have to submit the DS-160 and pay fees in order for our case to be sent to the Consulate or will we be notified (Packet 3) when to do it?

So far, all I've done was call the NVC for my case number and invoice ID. Not really sure what we're supposed to be doing now..

Any advise would be really appreciated 😭

Edited by Dee & Tee

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kev & Lexi said:

I've been very involved in the Montreal Facebook group recently and have been seeing a lot of May/June 2021 and even September 2021 NOA2 recipients receiving their "In Transit" status on their CEAC. I'm not sure why the embassy is pulling cases so out of order, as these people have stated that they never expedited their cases or anything. It could just be because the consulate is now operating fully. Regardless, it is making me very hopeful that our case will be chosen soon! Stay hopeful Canadian fiance(e)s! ❤️ 

This is amazing news!! I really hope they're working faster!

Timeline

We just received an email from NVC saying that they are holding our approved I-129F and due to Covid-19 concerns, the Montreal Consulate has suspended routine visa services. Did any other Canadian couples get this?

Timeline
4 hours ago, minny said:

We just received an email from NVC saying that they are holding our approved I-129F and due to Covid-19 concerns, the Montreal Consulate has suspended routine visa services. Did any other Canadian couples get this?

I didn't receive that e-mail..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.