JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

208 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/17/2021 at 2:25 PM, Seraph2042 said:

There is no AP or any other review for K1 petitions at the NVC. NVC for K1 is simply a placeholder for petitions until embassy requests it. This was also told to us by the NVC rep when we called to get our case number. 

thank you so much for your answer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I now see my packet in "ready" state on CEAC , so assuming we now just wait for embassy to send the P3 letter to schedule an appointment. Does it happen by itself or do we have to contact them again requesting for the letter.

26 minutes ago, vagabond1001110 said:

I now see my packet in "ready" state on CEAC , so assuming we now just wait for embassy to send the P3 letter to schedule an appointment. Does it happen by itself or do we have to contact them again requesting for the letter.

If I am not wrong petitioner will receive an email and beneficiary will receive a mail from the embassy. 

Has NVC slowed down the receiving and processing of cases? Still waiting for an NVC case number...

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

7 hours ago, stag said:

Has NVC slowed down the receiving and processing of cases? Still waiting for an NVC case number...

I think so as I’ve heard this issue with others as well. There are people waiting 5 weeks currently that NVC says still do not have their case in the system

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
9 hours ago, stag said:

I received my case and invoice ID today. Received at NVC on August 30th. I called Sep 9 but NVC said to call back in another week. Called today and got my number. Was on hold for about 45 minutes with nvc 

Edited by J&D1008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, vagabond1001110 said:

You are Ready! The beneficiary can now complete the DS and schedule an interview. What are you waiting on? Congratulations!!

Edited by MARDI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, MARDI said:

You are Ready! The beneficiary can now complete the DS and schedule an interview. What are you waiting on? Congratulations!!

Thanks ! My embassy recommends to schedule an interview only when they have sent "Packet4+Welcome Letter". Reading from past experiences , not all folks receive these letters (email and/or snail mail) and some receive them after regular follow ups with the embassy.

It can take anywhere from few days to weeks to receive this letter.

Also some of the approved medical facilities that conduct medical examinations wont book you an appointment without the welcome letter from the embassy. So this is the last step before booking for an interview.

22 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

I received my case and invoice ID today. Received at NVC on August 30th. I called Sep 9 but NVC said to call back in another week. Called today and got my number. Was on hold for about 45 minutes with nvc 

Same thing happened with me. They told me to call again in another week and I called the very next day and got my NVC case number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, cookiemonster8482 said:

Are we all waiting next shipment date that apparently could be tuesday 28th of August? 🙂

our consulate is closed at the moment but Sydney is meant to come out of lockdown on October 11...so there is a HUGE part of me hoping that they may send the next batch of cases in preparation for that. Also, some people on the Aussie K1 facebook page who had expedited but then got stuck at the closed consulate said they recently got their P3 emails. All my fingers and toes are crossed...my eyes too! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.