Dada Esther

Documents needed to apply for K-1 Visa (merged)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this forum and about to mail my application for K-1 visa. Do I need to send my paystubs/tax returns or that is needed before my fiancé goes for his interview?

Also, who in Houston, Texas has recently filed? What was your timeline given the pandemic?

Thank you so much.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

I know it is on here and seems easy but I am in a little panic mode. Those who had their K-1 visas approved. What documents did you initially send to the embassy when filing your application?

Please I know it is a silly question but someone with this experience can guide me especially for Texas.

Thank you so much.

You need to research and familiarize yourself with the whole process before you even send anything because looking at your posts you know very little about the process. Yes, you’ll need financial docs for the interview but you have about a year to go until you get there (and that’s assuming the consulate is even processing K-1 visas right now). Right now you’re sending a petition to have it approved by the USCIS. If they approve, then your fiancé has a permission to apply for a visa.

EVERYONE filed to Dallas Lockbox. ALL of the petitions then go to California Service Center. Processing time is not dependent on geographical location of the applicant.

Documents needed to be submitted can be found here:

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
5 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You’re not applying for a K-1 visa, you’re submitting your K-1 petition to USCIS. Big difference. You have a very long way to go until you get to the embassy stage.

Thank you for the correction. so what documents to I initially send along with my petition? I hope I get a hang of things soon.

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

You need to research and familiarize yourself with the whole process before you even send anything because looking at your posts you know very little about the process. Yes, you’ll need financial docs for the interview but you have about a year to go until you get there (and that’s assuming the consulate is even processing K-1 visas right now). Right now you’re sending a petition to have it approved by the USCIS. If they approve, then your fiancé has a permission to apply for a visa.

EVERYONE filed to Dallas Lockbox. ALL of the petitions then go to California Service Center. Processing time is not dependent of geographical location of the applicant.

Documents needed to be submitted can be found here:

You're awesome. Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You don't send any documents ,you carry with you,your original birth certificate,evidence you guys met each other at least  once within last two years,I134 form from petitioner,lots of evidence like pics,plane tkts ,tex returns and w2 forms for at least last three years.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nasirlahore said:

You don't send any documents ,you carry with you,your original birth certificate,evidence you guys met each other at least  once within last two years,I134 form from petitioner,lots of evidence like pics,plane tkts ,tex returns and w2 forms for at least last three years.

Thank you so much. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Dada Esther said:

Thank you for the correction. so what documents to I initially send along with my petition? I hope I get a hang of things soon.

Go here and download the form instructions, read through them, also click on the dropdown for the checklist of what to include >> https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Guide here also lists what to send >> https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** two related threads merged.  Please only post once on the same. similar questions. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

Go here and download the form instructions, read through them, also click on the dropdown for the checklist of what to include >> https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Guide here also lists what to send >> https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/

Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dada Esther said:

I would also read through the instructions for the I129F a couple of times.  Overall, that form is fairly simple, and the instructions are pretty clear as to what evidence must be submitted (pages 10-12) depending on the circumstances.

Good Luck!

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-129finstr.pdf

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

7 hours ago, Dada Esther said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum and about to mail my application for K-1 visa. Do I need to send my paystubs/tax returns or that is needed before my fiancé goes for his interview?

Also, who in Houston, Texas has recently filed? What was your timeline given the pandemic?

Thank you so much.

K1's petitions are centrally processed at one of the USCIS service centers, typically the California Service Center.  Location of the petitioner is not relevant.  Given the pandemic, the location of the fiance is relevant - most embassies did not process K1 visas in 2020 and some may still not.  Check the embassy website directly.  You can also check the K1 visa statistics page here on VJ:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

It looks like within the last 360 days, 4 K1's for Cameroon took about 320 days or so for approval.  Please note that this is from the timelines updated by VJ'ers and not all the K1's submitted to USCIS.  You can help with keeping statitics like this accurate by creating and updating your timeline as your case gets processed.

10 hours ago, Dada Esther said:

Why not read and download the instructions, along with the I129F petition from USCIS.gov?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.