EllenE1230

USCIS package sent but not delivered

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi!

I've sent in my I-751 package and got a tracking number  from the post office. Through the tracking number I can see that it has been delivered but USCIS hasn't emailed me saying it has arrived though I sent form G-1145. It has now been a week since deliverance and I'm starting to worry. Do I just keep waiting?

Thank you in advance for your help 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
38 minutes ago, EllenE1230 said:

Hi!

I've sent in my I-751 package and got a tracking number  from the post office. Through the tracking number I can see that it has been delivered but USCIS hasn't emailed me saying it has arrived though I sent form G-1145. It has now been a week since deliverance and I'm starting to worry. Do I just keep waiting?

A week? Mine took 5 week to receive G-1145 confirmation via text message and 6 or 7 weeks to receive the receipt notice in mail. There is nothing to worry. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Jeff fed said:

A week? Mine took 5 week to receive G-1145 confirmation via text message and 6 or 7 weeks to receive the receipt notice in mail. There is nothing to worry. 

Thank you! I mostly worried because the form says they'll notify you within 24 hours of receiving it so I was afraid it might have gotten lost somehow. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
55 minutes ago, EllenE1230 said:

Thank you! I mostly worried because the form says they'll notify you within 24 hours of receiving it so I was afraid it might have gotten lost somehow. 

Received at post office doesn’t mean received by a USCIS case worker. There are so many cases coming in that what used to be processed in days is now processed in months. 

Based on your timeline, I believe your green card expires in August 2021.  If by the time your green card expires you still don’t have the extension letter:

* carry proof of receipt by USPS of your I-751 petition 

* contact USCIS by phone, say “info pass” and request an appointment to get an I-551 stamp on your passport. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Received at post office doesn’t mean received by a USCIS case worker. There are so many cases coming in that what used to be processed in days is now processed in months. 

Based on your timeline, I believe your green card expires in August 2021.  If by the time your green card expires you still don’t have the extension letter:

* carry proof of receipt by USPS of your I-751 petition 

* contact USCIS by phone, say “info pass” and request an appointment to get an I-551 stamp on your passport. 

Thank you! I hope it won't come to that but it's good to know

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, EllenE1230 said:

Hi!

Just going through I-751 now as well.  Here's the timeline so far:

May 21 sent I-751 package via FedEx, exactly 90 days before green card expiration date of Aug. 19, 2021

May 24 delivered to USCIS Phoenix

May 25 USCIS received

June 1 filed change of address online with USCIS

June 2 I-797 notice date and mailed same day, text message sent

June 3 check cashed

June 7 I-797 received via USPS (forwarded to new address) extending green card to Feb. 19, 2023

June 11 applied for new driver's license with expiration date extended to Feb. 19, 2023

June 18 received new driver's license with new address and expiration date Feb. 19, 2023

So they seem to be moving along pretty well, at least in sending the I-797s in a timely manner.  Biometrics and interviews are taking forever these days, we're planning on at least 18 months, maybe longer and if so will get a stamp in the passport, and will start on the N-400 process next May.

You should hear from USCIS soon.  Good luck!

9 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Just going through I-751 now as well.  Here's the timeline so far:

May 21 sent I-751 package via FedEx, exactly 90 days before green card expiration date of Aug. 19, 2021

May 24 delivered to USCIS Phoenix

May 25 USCIS received

June 1 filed change of address online with USCIS

June 2 I-797 notice date and mailed same day, text message sent

June 3 check cashed

June 7 I-797 received via USPS (forwarded to new address) extending green card to Feb. 19, 2023

June 11 applied for new driver's license with expiration date extended to Feb. 19, 2023

June 18 received new driver's license with new address and expiration date Feb. 19, 2023

So they seem to be moving along pretty well, at least in sending the I-797s in a timely manner.  Biometrics and interviews are taking forever these days, we're planning on at least 18 months, maybe longer and if so will get a stamp in the passport, and will start on the N-400 process next May.

You should hear from USCIS soon.  Good luck!

Don’t you just love all the hoops you have to jump through just to get a drivers license in Georgia?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Conventional wisdom on VJ is that to sent the I-751 exactly 90 days before the green card expires is “a disaster waiting to happen” 

19 hours ago, carmel34 said:

June 2 I-797 notice date and mailed same day,

And yet it worked for you.  Good for you.  We plan on doing the same.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Conventional wisdom on VJ is that to sent the I-751 exactly 90 days before the green card expires is “a disaster waiting to happen” 

It wasn't much of a risk since the 90 day mark was Friday, May 21, and although the package was sent that day via FedEx, it was not delivered to USCIS until the following Monday, May 24th, and USCIS did not record it as "received" until May 25th, so the official filing date was actually four days after the earliest possible date.  Good luck with your I-751 process!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.