Captain Ewok

Family US Visa Processing Trends from UK, Canada, China, Vietnam, India, Philippines, Mexico, Jamaica... Yikes!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

After a rough year of Covid, several busy US Consulates are struggling to restore processing of important family Visas (K1, C/IR1 and IR5s).  VisaJourney did a deep dive into the numbers and the results are surprising (and frustrating).

Philippines (Manila) [K1 Visas Struggle, IR1 Visas Recovering]

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/764181-philippines-us-marriage-visa-approvals-by-month-k1-visas-way-down-cr1-visas-up/

China (Guangzhou) [K1 Visas Down, IR1 Visas Way Up]

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/764273-china-us-marriage-visa-approvals-by-month-k1-visas-way-down-cr1-visas-up/

United Kingdom (London) [K1 Visas Slow to Ramp Up, IR1 Visas Recovering]

Canada (Montreal) [K1 Visas Down, IR1 Visas Way Up]

India (Mumbia) [K1 Visas Slow to Ramp Up, IR1 Visas Recovering]

Vietnam (Ho Chi Min) [IR5 Visas Doing Well in April, Finally]

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
2 hours ago, B+L said:

Do you have any information about the US embassy in Stockholm, Sweden? 🤞

It looks like K-1s stopped a lot longer than IR-1s.  They are SLOOOWLY ramping up but at a snails pace compared to the IR-1s that started much earlier and surged.  Seems like a similar story to London.

Stockholm Family Based US Visa Monthly Processing Trends

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Family US Visa Processing Trends from UK, Canada, China, Vietnam, India, Philippines, Mexico... Yikes!
Timeline

Added China and Mexico.  I'll try to work others this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

There’s something I don’t understand though. Why did the embassy stop issuing immigrant visas last year? Especially IR and CR. 

These categories were ultimately not targeted by the proclamation 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lino_klm said:

There’s something I don’t understand though. Why did the embassy stop issuing immigrant visas last year? Especially IR and CR. 

These categories were ultimately not targeted by the proclamation 

Covid restrictions during the initial surge.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Added China and Mexico.  I'll try to work others this week.

Thank you! Any help with Lagos, Nigeria would be greatly appreciated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.