LoveWins2021

May 2021 i130 Petition ❤️

221 posts in this topic

I can't find the April thread to post in so I thought I'd post here. We filed our IR-130 April 17th, and received our NOA1 3 days later. Since the end of April our case has been marked as Under Active Review, but we have seen no movement since then. Is this normal to have it under active review for months? Are they always under active review after NOA1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, starsandbytes said:

I can't find the April thread to post in so I thought I'd post here. We filed our IR-130 April 17th, and received our NOA1 3 days later. Since the end of April our case has been marked as Under Active Review, but we have seen no movement since then. Is this normal to have it under active review for months? Are they always under active review after NOA1?

April 2021 is here

I have read that Under Active Review can last for a day to multiple months.

Mine didn't go under Active Review until about a month after I submitted.

3 hours ago, starsandbytes said:

So we filed our I-130 petition on May 3, 2021 and 5 months later it turned to Actively Reviewing your Case. It has been like that for almost two weeks now. 

Timeline
On 5/26/2021 at 3:22 PM, JeanneAdil said:

Best advice:

1.  Know the income requirements and the US poverty level for the visa

2.  your May 2021 petitions will more than likely have interviews after 2021 tax returns (April 15th,  2022) are processed so do them ASAP and get the IRS transcripts to be ready for the I 864 and interview

3.  read the portal for your country paying attention to all posts and the embassy reviews and timelines of others before u

4.  make sure you have copies of all paperwork u sent and (will send to immigration)

5.  if any of you need to send further documents because of a RFE,  mark each and every page with your case #,  both your names and both DOB's in upper right and corner before you scan them / so many come thru on any given day that the papers do not necessarily come to the office in any order

6.  keep any further boarding tickets for proof of further visits

7.  keep this time romantic and forget immigration on a daily basis as the wait and USCIS  lack of communication during this time will drive you crazy

and best to  you all 

to OP Ghana is a difficult embassy same as moroocco so prepare your spouse with all personal information about u,  your family,  your job,  any past marriages and where you live so he can answer any and all questions the CO will ask

and its a good thing u can visit as much as you say (every 4 months )

Good advice here!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 7:55 AM, starsandbytes said:

I filed around the same time as well. Just recently moved to actively reviewing. Its been like this ever since. Vermont Service Center. how about you?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 8:47 AM, TenderHearted said:

File Date 05/10/2021

NOA1 05/20/2021

Nebraska Service Center  (I think, it's complicated)

Hi guys! I'm new here. I just wanted to share my I-130 experience here. We hired an attorney for I-130 ( I'm a spouse of a US citizen and I'm currently living in the US) and i601-A provisional unlawful presence waiver and here's my timeline so far:

1)  Submitted the I-130 on May 26,2021 

2)  Received receipt on June 10,2021 

3)  Approval received July 11,2021, only 31 days after the receipt notice! Service center was Nebraska office and during the application the time frame for approval was 3-7 months so we just got super lucky, we did not request expedited service.

SECOND PART IS THE WAIVER: - Submitted the I-601AWaiver on October 6,2021 - Receipt date October 11,2021, Field office is at Potomac Service Center (estimated time29 to 36 months) ------UPDATES TO FOLLOW)

On 10/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, karppi said:

Has any May 2021 filer has their NOA2 approved that is located in California Service Center? (We are initially Nebraska on NOA1, but have since heard through Emma we are in CA)

I'm in the same situation! No NOA2 just yet... (filed May 5th)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I-130 NOA1: 05/26/2021
I-130 Case Is Actively Being Reviewed: 06/14/2021
I-129F RCVD: 08/09/2021

US citizen applying for a spouse (Russian Federation).
Original Service Center: Nebraska
Current Service Center: California
Filed: Online (overseas)

Will post an update when any changes occur. Feeling optimistic about the late November/early December 2021 window based on information from this site. 

1 minute ago, Jacke said:

I-130 NOA1: 05/26/2021
I-130 Case Is Actively Being Reviewed: 06/14/2021
I-129F RCVD: 08/09/2021

US citizen applying for a spouse (Russian Federation).
Original Service Center: Nebraska
Current Service Center: California
Filed: Online (overseas)

Will post an update when any changes occur. Feeling optimistic about the late November/early December 2021 window based on information from this site. 

Hi! 
I hope its okay to ask, are you guys both live in Russia or in other country? 
I’m Russian but with my husband we live in South Korea. 
Kinda want to be keep in touch 😅

Started to think that we should filed 129F too… no updates at all… Noa: 05/22/2021 and super confused about service centre, we received two different documents (one mail from agent saying  to keep looking Texas track, one letter from Nebraska that they received our address change info).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.