LoveWins2021

May 2021 i130 Petition ❤️

221 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, anna4614890 said:

Hi! 
I hope its okay to ask, are you guys both live in Russia or in other country? 
I’m Russian but with my husband we live in South Korea. 
Kinda want to be keep in touch 😅

Started to think that we should filed 129F too… no updates at all… Noa: 05/22/2021 and super confused about service centre, we received two different documents (one mail from agent saying  to keep looking Texas track, one letter from Nebraska that they received our address change info).

We're both in Russia and will be here until her immigrant visa is ready, and we occasionally live in a nearby country for however long to keep my visa compliant in Russia. This was indicated in our application but the USCIS account info shows me living at my US mailing address. A lawyer we consulted advised us not to change this and stated that it shouldn't cause any complications or delays. The lawyers and folks we've consulted with are about 50/50 on whether the I-129F trick actually works (the trick being, it leads to I-130 processing instead of your I-129F - when they get to it). Based on current timelines we're seeing on here, Lawfully and elsewhere, it seems the I-130 will probably beat the I-129F anyway. Still, can't hurt, as it is free to file! Good free insurance to some extent, I suppose. 

You can use Ask Emma to request a live agent on the USCIS website. They will be able to inform you of the current service center. You can also call USCIS as well to request this information. I'm not familiar with NE (other than the USCIS website estimates) but from what I've seen with CA, I'd expect to start seeing approvals in the next month or so for May I-130 filers. Each case is its own deal though. As we've seen on one end, some have already been approved! Let's keep in touch!

Edited by Jacke

12 minutes ago, Jacke said:

We're both in Russia and will be here until her immigrant visa is ready, and we occasionally live in a nearby country for however long to keep my visa compliant in Russia. This was indicated in our application but the USCIS account info shows me living at my US mailing address. A lawyer we consulted advised us not to change this and stated that it shouldn't cause any complications or delays. The lawyers and folks we've consulted with are about 50/50 on whether the I-129F trick actually works (the trick being, it leads to I-130 processing instead of your I-129F - when they get to it). Based on current timelines we're seeing on here, Lawfully and elsewhere, it seems the I-130 will probably beat the I-129F anyway. Still, can't hurt, as it is free to file! Good free insurance to some extent, I suppose. 

You can use Ask Emma to request a live agent on the USCIS website. They will be able to inform you of the current service center. You can also call USCIS as well to request this information. I'm not familiar with NE (other than the USCIS website estimates) but from what I've seen with CA, I'd expect to start seeing approvals in the next month or so for May I-130 filers. Each case is its own deal though. As we've seen on one end, some have already been approved! Let's keep in touch!

Oh I see! Thank you for sharing.

I also read that updating your evidence with new pics could help too. 
Anyway, we are not in a hurry, but we reaaaaaally hope to entrance USA in August, haha.

Good luck with fast approval!

I can't find the April thread so I decided to post here instead.

We submitted our application on April 17th, and it was updated to under active review on April 20th.

My husband is British and we both currently live in the UK, we had only been married a few months when we applied.

We were notified we were being processed at the Nebraska Service Center when we received the USCIS acknowledgement letter.

We heard absolutely nothing after that.

We use an app called Case Tracker to see at a glance the status of our case.

A little over a week ago I used USCIS' online help to try and find out what was going on with our case. We didn't get any update, but were notified that our case was no longer at Nebraska but at the California center. We hadn't received any notice of that, and there was no indication online about the change.

On November 10th, my husband noticed that the day count had changed on Case Tracker, though the status still said under active review. I verified this on USCIS' website. I remembered seeing someone say that often times the approval notice will be uploaded to the documents on the USCIS website long before your status is updated, so I checked and found we did have our approval notice.

Anyways, hope this helps some folks. I'm glad we are moving on to the next stage. Does anyone have a sense how long it is currently taking the NVC to send the paperwork for the next stage?

On 10/27/2021 at 4:03 AM, JigneshBabu1992 said:

I filed around the same time as well. Just recently moved to actively reviewing. Its been like this ever since. Vermont Service Center. how about you?

Hi Jignesh, just wanted to respond that we have been approved as of the 10th of November. I posted an outline of what went on and how we found out above in this thread. Hope you have heard back as well!

3 minutes ago, starsandbytes said:

We submitted our application on April 17th, and it was updated to under active review on April 20th.

My husband is British and we both currently live in the UK, we had only been married a few months when we applied.

We were notified we were being processed at the Nebraska Service Center when we received the USCIS acknowledgement letter.

A little over a week ago I used USCIS' online help to try and find out what was going on with our case. We didn't get any update, but were notified that our case was no longer at Nebraska but at the California center. We hadn't received any notice of that, and there was no indication online about the change.

On November 10th, my husband noticed that the day count had changed on Case Tracker, though the status still said under active review. I verified this on USCIS' website. I remembered seeing someone say that often times the approval notice will be uploaded to the documents on the USCIS website long before your status is updated, so I checked and found we did have our approval notice.

Anyways, hope this helps some folks. I'm glad we are moving on to the next stage. Does anyone have a sense how long it is currently taking the NVC to send the paperwork for the next stage?

Congratulations!

Did your approval notice say also California center? 

Just now, anna4614890 said:

Congratulations!

Did your approval notice say also California center? 

Yes it did. I am surprised they don't notify folks of transfers or have a place to check (at least that we could easily find). We had to go through the online help (Emma) and then be connected to an actual person to find out anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, starsandbytes said:

It should take a few days. May 2021 filer here. It took us about 3-4 days to receive our case and invoice numbers, and it took another 3 days for the payments to clear before we could submit our paperwork. I wish y’all the best of luck!

22 hours ago, starsandbytes said:

Did you receive an email from USCIS informing you an action had been taken or did the approval notice just appear on the website with no warning? 

2 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Did you receive an email from USCIS informing you an action had been taken or did the approval notice just appear on the website with no warning? 

It appeared on the website with no warning. I received the email from USCIS confirming a status change literally 20 minutes ago, so 3 days late.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, Fatimatu said:

Hey , glad to see may 2021 filer , filed on may 25 online for my hubby who is in Senegal Dakar .. any idea about the embassy in Dakar ??? Thank you and best wishes to everyone 

Hello, can you please fill in your timeline?

Thank you

Hey , I spoke with another filer at the embassy in Dakar , from what I understood they have a long time for an interview , hopefully that change … how far are you now on the program? Best of luck to all of us .. going to Dakar in two weeks 👍

On 11/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, anna4614890 said:

Hi! 
I hope its okay to ask, are you guys both live in Russia or in other country? 
I’m Russian but with my husband we live in South Korea. 
Kinda want to be keep in touch 😅

Started to think that we should filed 129F too… no updates at all… Noa: 05/22/2021 and super confused about service centre, we received two different documents (one mail from agent saying  to keep looking Texas track, one letter from Nebraska that they received our address change info).

We live in South Korea, too! Will be following your timeline. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jacke said:

Any updates? It seems approval timelines may be slowing a bit across the board. 

Me personally I’m already documentairly qualified. Filed 05/15/21 and DQ’d in October. However the embassy waiting time will be very long, probably a year 😩

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Steffen & Rafael said:

Me personally I’m already documentairly qualified. Filed 05/15/21 and DQ’d in October. However the embassy waiting time will be very long, probably a year 😩

Wow! I hope it doesn't take that long for y'all. Congrats on I-130 approval and DQ though! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.