23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I attended my green card interview on 2/8/21 which was about 3 months ago. The officer in Hartford gave me a form that showed I supplied everything needed but they still need to hold the case because the officer could not locate my medical files, which he was supposed to have from the embassy. No updates for 3 months. I have submitted inquiries online and mailed letters for updates but no response. My work permit expires 6/1/21 in less than 30 days. I mailed a work permit renewal 1 month ago and no response. I don't have money for a lawyer. I don't want to lose my job. The situation seems so bizarre. What should I do?

Edited by TBoneTX
image with personal info = removed

Call customer service and ask for a tier 2 officer. They will tell you if the missing documents are already at your local office. 

Sometimes documents are missing at the time of the interview and they take some time to be retrieved.

Do you have the NOA for the EAD renewal? That serves as an extension for 180 days. 

Timeline

No, there is no NOA. I have not heard back from them since the interview. I mailed a work permit renewal and no response for that either. It is almost as if they are purposely ignoring my case for no reason. But I will call tomorrow and ask for a tier 2 officer. 

Just now, Nisrine chabani c said:

No, there is no NOA. I have not heard back from them since the interview. I mailed a work permit renewal and no response for that either. It is almost as if they are purposely ignoring my case for no reason. But I will call tomorrow and ask for a tier 2 officer. 

Have you checked the status of your case on the USCIS website?

Timeline

They never updated the case on the website. It's as if I never even attended the interview. All I have is the letter he gave me in person, which I attached here in my first post.

Not having an update on the decision after the interview is not that odd given that there were documents missing. 

NOA's now take 4 to 6 weeks average to arrive. Hopefully the one for your EAD is on its way. Do you have informed delivery? 

*~*~*moved from “K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures” to “AOS from K visas”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Attachment containing personal information has been removed from this VERY public forum. ***

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

No I don't have informed delivery. I sent the work renewal to the Hartford, Texas, and California service center to make sure it was received.

Timeline

I will call customer service tomorrow and request a tier 2 officer but if anyone has other information please share it. Thank you. 

Edited by Nisrine chabani c
Personsl

16 minutes ago, Nisrine chabani c said:

No I don't have informed delivery. I sent the work renewal to the Hartford, Texas, and California service center to make sure it was received.

You don't need to send the form to two different service centers, and unfortunately both were the wrong one.

If you are adjusting status from a K1, the right address was the Chicago lockbox. 

Your attachment contains your full name and alien number. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

6 hours ago, Nisrine chabani c said:

I sent the work renewal to the Hartford, Texas, and California service center to make sure it was received.

Unfortunately, that's why you haven't received any response regarding your EAD renewal.  Those are not the filing locations for I-765.  I suggest you send the renewal application to the correct address this time, after reading the instructions here -- https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses

Timeline

Thank you for helping. But the truth is, I am more concerned about my green card. The interview was 3 months ago and no one is responding or providing updates. Is there something that can be done?

Edited by Nisrine chabani c

8 hours ago, Nisrine chabani c said:

Thank you for helping. But the truth is, I am more concerned about my green card. The interview was 3 months ago and no one is responding or providing updates. Is there something that can be done?

Your number one priority should be filing the EAD renewal correctly so you can get the NOA for that to ensure you can stay employed.

Re: the green card, I think the above advice is best - call USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2.  It could be that there's a delay finding the missing documents.  If USCIS needs anything else from you, they will let you know, otherwise there's not much you can do.  Have you moved recently, and if so have you updated your address?

Edited by Hawksquill

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Same thing happened to my friend in the san Francisco USCIS office. He interviewed with his wife on a AOS from a K1 and still hasn't received the green card, and he interviewed February 2020. He has tried everything from Congressman to sending a letter to the president. Still no green card, and it's been 14 months. He renewed her EAD AP once, and is getting ready to do it again. So, could be over a year before you see the green card. My wife and I did our AOS interview a week after his, and had her green card 7 days after the interview. I got the text message that green card was being produced on the way home from the interview. It's a luck of the draw I think. But she has had no problem renewing the EAD AP, and will keep renewing it every year if needed he said. He keeps trying and trying to get someone to do something, but no luck. Hopefully you don't get stuck in that position. He is just worried they won't backdate it to the interview date when they issue it, because the clock doesn't start on citizenship until you become a LPR, and have green card in hand. He doesn't know when or if he will have to ROC, because she still doesn't have her green card. It's a nightmare according to him.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.