JobbinsKnobbins

MAY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, cljohn86 said:

Yes,  I see someone else from Ukraine received NOA2 on 4-29 and has gone through everything and is already in the US. 

Maybe you could ask if they were part of a plaintiff... those seem to be the only ones that have pushed forward in some cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, cljohn86 said:

Got NoA2 on May 26th and still not a peep from the NVC.   Meanwhile people who got theirs in June are already processed on in transit.  So frustrating. 

Did you try to call them? Our case was at the NVC for almost a month,but then it got to the embassy for only one day. So I’m sure you will hear something from them soon too 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question, we received our NOA2 on 5/3, and after my fiance emailed an inquiry to NVC, they sent us back our case number, but not our invoice number so we're unable to make an online account. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's been over 2 months, and we still don't really know where we're at in the process. I'd appreciate the advice/help! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
6 hours ago, ashleyt93 said:

Quick question, we received our NOA2 on 5/3, and after my fiance emailed an inquiry to NVC, they sent us back our case number, but not our invoice number so we're unable to make an online account. Is anyone else in the same boat? It's been over 2 months, and we still don't really know where we're at in the process. I'd appreciate the advice/help! 

Call the NVC and ask for it. When I called to get my NVC case number, they gave me the invoice number as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So Sydney contacted me to fill out my DS160 and to pay my MRV fee. My fiancé did so and we sent the information back to them. Last night we got a an email that they are currently fully booked for appointments but we are placed on the waitlist (I assume due to the recent lockdown). At the bare minimum we are both content with at least being waitlisted because it means we are in line for an interview date. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone, My fiancé just had a meeting with nvc, he approved our nvc file, there was no problem in our file, but they said that they could not send our documents because the Ankara consulate did not accept new files, and they said they did not know when they would receive new files.
In this case, I think we are done with nvc and I want to send an e-mail to Ankara, but I ask for support from experienced friends who know how to speed up the content of the e-mail and request our documents from nvc as soon as possible, do I need to add any additional documents etc. to the e-mail? Thanks to everyone who supported 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AndrAlb said:

Visa on hand today! 😍

That is awesome! Glad to see progress being made. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline

Another question since this whole process can be a bit confusing - but we received our NOA2 on 5/3, and hadn't received any official word from the NVC so I decided to call (thank you to everyone's advice on doing that!) and was able to get through and obtained our case number and invoice number. We were able to start our DS-160, and we plan on submitting that in a few days after collecting the information. Does anyone know approximately how long it would take for them to process that and to send our case to the embassy? I just want to see how much longer it would take for my fiancé to be able to schedule his interview. 

Thanks!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/18/2021 at 1:44 AM, ashleyt93 said:

Another question since this whole process can be a bit confusing - but we received our NOA2 on 5/3, and hadn't received any official word from the NVC so I decided to call (thank you to everyone's advice on doing that!) and was able to get through and obtained our case number and invoice number. We were able to start our DS-160, and we plan on submitting that in a few days after collecting the information. Does anyone know approximately how long it would take for them to process that and to send our case to the embassy? I just want to see how much longer it would take for my fiancé to be able to schedule his interview. 

Thanks!!! 

Each embassy is different... are there any fb groups with Canadians currently in the process of getting appointments?? Maybe another Canadian on here can chime in.. I've only gotten embassy specific information from a Whatsapp group that was formed/friends in the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi, everyone. Glad to see many people's visa processing going well!
I wanted to ask, is there anyone that still has not received a case number from NVC?

Our NOA2 date is May 6th and we have not heard of anything since then. We are constantly trying to contact NVC but every time they tell us they have not received our petition yet. We sent an email of our approval notice to NVC, like they requested us to, after the 60 day period mark. Still, no response though. Tried contacting USCIS as well and they keep telling us to wait for NVC to receive our petition. Anyone else in this situation?? I am honestly so anxious at this point because I see others of similar NOA2 dates already getting their visas etc. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tina0910 said:

Hi, everyone. Glad to see many people's visa processing going well!
I wanted to ask, is there anyone that still has not received a case number from NVC?

Our NOA2 date is May 6th and we have not heard of anything since then. We are constantly trying to contact NVC but every time they tell us they have not received our petition yet. We sent an email of our approval notice to NVC, like they requested us to, after the 60 day period mark. Still, no response though. Tried contacting USCIS as well and they keep telling us to wait for NVC to receive our petition. Anyone else in this situation?? I am honestly so anxious at this point because I see others of similar NOA2 dates already getting their visas etc. 

I was in this same boat as well! Our NOA2 was 5/3 and we still haven't officially heard anything yet, but I came on here and someone recommended that I call the NVC directly and ask for BOTH the case number and invoice number (you'll need both to start the online DS-160 application), so you should do that! I was on hold for almost 2 hours though, so it may be good to either call right when they open or when they're about to close (07:30-00:00 EST) which is what I did and I was able to get my invoice number (my fiancé sent an email inquiry and got our case number). The NVC number is 603-334-0700. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ashleyt93 said:

I was in this same boat as well! Our NOA2 was 5/3 and we still haven't officially heard anything yet, but I came on here and someone recommended that I call the NVC directly and ask for BOTH the case number and invoice number (you'll need both to start the online DS-160 application), so you should do that! I was on hold for almost 2 hours though, so it may be good to either call right when they open or when they're about to close (07:30-00:00 EST) which is what I did and I was able to get my invoice number (my fiancé sent an email inquiry and got our case number). The NVC number is 603-334-0700. 

Yes, I did see your previous comments and received insight! :) But I have tried contacting NVC so many times (always right when they open) and they tell me they have NOTHING on file for us. We have everything ready for the online DS-160 application but it is just that we are stuck at this point... My lawyer has sent email inquiries too but they say they have nothing related to our petition/case yet.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tina0910 said:

Yes, I did see your previous comments and received insight! :) But I have tried contacting NVC so many times (always right when they open) and they tell me they have NOTHING on file for us. We have everything ready for the online DS-160 application but it is just that we are stuck at this point... My lawyer has sent email inquiries too but they say they have nothing related to our petition/case yet.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that :( That seems a little strange since they don't have anything on file yet, maybe it just hasn't made it there yet? I did have a friend who's going through the same process and it took about 2-3 months for him to hear something from the NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.