JobbinsKnobbins

MAY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ashleyt93 said:

Oh wow, so sorry to hear that :( That seems a little strange since they don't have anything on file yet, maybe it just hasn't made it there yet? I did have a friend who's going through the same process and it took about 2-3 months for him to hear something from the NVC

Yeah, that is why I have also been thinking this whole thing is pretty strange. One NVC representative even told me in one of my previous calls that our petition should have arrived by now. Hearing that got me even more anxious. But thank you for your input! I hope your case gets sent to the embassy quickly to make up for all the extra time it took :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
18 hours ago, Tina0910 said:

Yeah, that is why I have also been thinking this whole thing is pretty strange. One NVC representative even told me in one of my previous calls that our petition should have arrived by now. Hearing that got me even more anxious. But thank you for your input! I hope your case gets sent to the embassy quickly to make up for all the extra time it took :) 

Do you know if South Korea is processing K1's currently? It feels like they're keeping stacks of cases from embassies that aren't open still... Could this be the case?

Also, four weeks since Madrid embassy has received our case and still heard NOTHING from them.. Argh... I feel for anyone who is anxious for things to MOVE in their cases!!

Edited by NB5347
update of my case + for

Timeline
2 hours ago, NB5347 said:

Do you know if South Korea is processing K1's currently? It feels like they're keeping stacks of cases from embassies that aren't open still... Could this be the case?

Also, four weeks since Madrid embassy has received our case and still heard NOTHING from them.. Argh... I feel for anyone who is anxious for things to MOVE in their cases!!

I also thought that would be a pausible reason but NVC states they have not received my petition and have nothing on record.. which I believe is something to do with USCIS and NVC. I am aware that NVC holds onto cases if embassies are not ready to receive them. NVC has nothing to hold onto in my case cause they just do not have my case :( Also, South Korea seems to be processing K1s normally too.

And 4 weeks?? Wow.. I expected things to actually move once the case was received at the directed embassy. I totally get how you feel! I hope your case also moves along at a faster pace!!!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Tina0910 said:

I also thought that would be a pausible reason but NVC states they have not received my petition and have nothing on record.. which I believe is something to do with USCIS and NVC. I am aware that NVC holds onto cases if embassies are not ready to receive them. NVC has nothing to hold onto in my case cause they just do not have my case :( Also, South Korea seems to be processing K1s normally too.

And 4 weeks?? Wow.. I expected things to actually move once the case was received at the directed embassy. I totally get how you feel! I hope your case also moves along at a faster pace!!!

Oh boy... can you get in touch with a senator of your state or anything like this? That seems super odd..

Timeline
37 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

Oh boy... can you get in touch with a senator of your state or anything like this? That seems super odd..

I am currently going through the K1 process with a lawyer and my lawyer is not saying much. She tells me it is best to stay put and that she has also been sending inquiries but I have no idea... This whole thing is just super odd, indeed 😬

Hi everyone,

Reading through all this info has been super helpful--thank you for that. However, I am still feeling a bit lost and I'm afraid I'm maybe missing something.

My fiancée (Algerian) will be going to the French embassy in Paris. We received our NOA2 on May 27th. On June 22nd I received an email from NVC stating:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Paris, France. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition." My fiancée received a hard copy of this letter as well.

The email/letter includes our case number which I used to check the status in CEAC's system. CEAC shows that our case is "Ready" and has been since June 23rd. CEAC's system says the following:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment"

We have not received any other information and we are not quite sure what to do next. Here are some questions I have:

1. We do not have an invoice number. Is that necessary at this stage? 

2. Are we waiting for the "P3?" from the embassy (information about documents and scheduling interview)? 

3. We have filled out and submitted the DS-160. Is the fact that we haven't made a payment holding this up? Is that the next step?

4. I saw a post about updating email addresses (which we have not done). Is that holding this up?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
50 minutes ago, JCFZ said:

Hi everyone,

Reading through all this info has been super helpful--thank you for that. However, I am still feeling a bit lost and I'm afraid I'm maybe missing something.

My fiancée (Algerian) will be going to the French embassy in Paris. We received our NOA2 on May 27th. On June 22nd I received an email from NVC stating:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Paris, France. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition." My fiancée received a hard copy of this letter as well.

The email/letter includes our case number which I used to check the status in CEAC's system. CEAC shows that our case is "Ready" and has been since June 23rd. CEAC's system says the following:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment"

We have not received any other information and we are not quite sure what to do next. Here are some questions I have:

2. Are we waiting for the "P3?" from the embassy (information about documents and scheduling interview)? 

3. We have filled out and submitted the DS-160. Is the fact that we haven't made a payment holding this up? Is that the next step?

4. I saw a post about updating email addresses (which we have not done). Is that holding this up?

Congratulations on the NOA2!
First let me answer your immediate questions:

1. I am not sure to be honest; I cannot find a spot where the invoice number is helpful other than looking up case information.  In your case its probably at the embassy by now.
2. Yes, you are waiting for P3, as I understand it, the beneficiary will receive the packet 3 information.
3. No, it shouldn't hold anything up; I wish I had deleted my earlier post.  As  far as Paris goes, the DS-160 is done after you get the packet 3.  You will also be billed then.
4. Email address update is really good to have, don't know if its needed but it won't hold anything up as far as I can tell.

Now for the bad news, Paris embassy is pretty much in a frozen state.  You can track it here, cases that have come in from as early as March-April are still pending, Passports are being held; interviews aren't being scheduled. They aren't telling anyone anything. You can stay in the loop on what is happening to others in this thread 

Hope that things work out for you; my NOA2 is from about a month earlier and we haven't heard anything from the embassy either.

3 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Congratulations on the NOA2!
First let me answer your immediate questions:

1. I am not sure to be honest; I cannot find a spot where the invoice number is helpful other than looking up case information.  In your case its probably at the embassy by now.
2. Yes, you are waiting for P3, as I understand it, the beneficiary will receive the packet 3 information.
3. No, it shouldn't hold anything up; I wish I had deleted my earlier post.  As  far as Paris goes, the DS-160 is done after you get the packet 3.  You will also be billed then.
4. Email address update is really good to have, don't know if its needed but it won't hold anything up as far as I can tell.

Now for the bad news, Paris embassy is pretty much in a frozen state.  You can track it here, cases that have come in from as early as March-April are still pending, Passports are being held; interviews aren't being scheduled. They aren't telling anyone anything. You can stay in the loop on what is happening to others in this thread 

Hope that things work out for you; my NOA2 is from about a month earlier and we haven't heard anything from the embassy either.

JK,

Thank you so, so much for this quick and informative reply. One big positive about this tough process is that the VJ community is really awesome. Incredible generosity around here. Thank you sincerely.

Looks like it's more waiting then. This is unfortunately what I expected. Have you submitted your DS-160 as well?

Timeline
On 7/25/2021 at 1:25 AM, JCFZ said:

Hi everyone,

1. Invoice number does not apply to K1's so no need to worry on that. I'm in a group with some other visa types and theirs has invoice numbers but K1 does not.

2. Yes, I am NOA2 May 26th, Madrid. It looks like our case has shown "Ready" since June 23rd as well. We have yet to receive P3 from our embassy either BUT from the group I'm in... since ours was at NVC for a very short amount of time, it looks like it's taking 4-6 weeks for the embassy to send us P3. This Wednesday will be 5 weeks so hopefully we both hear this or next week!! (Others who were at NVC stage for a lot longer got their P3 quicker but they had a longer wait at NVC... so it seems all of this is moving on a rolling basis, our turn is soon!!!)

3. Filled out DS-160 as well. No, embassy will instruct you when to make payment. I thought the same thing! 

4. No, though I would reach out to your embassy and let them know both your emails just incase.

Hope that helps from next door in Spain with similar timelines!

Timeline

Last week, I ended up sending an email to USCIS Ombudsman's Office with the form they provided on their site. Was super surprised when we were told by NVC that they received our case the very next day! Very unexpected turn of events! We were finally able to receive our case number this week!! I hope everyone's processing is going well :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 7/25/2021 at 5:07 AM, JCFZ said:

JK,

Thank you so, so much for this quick and informative reply. One big positive about this tough process is that the VJ community is really awesome. Incredible generosity around here. Thank you sincerely.

Looks like it's more waiting then. This is unfortunately what I expected. Have you submitted your DS-160 as well?

We had created it from the confusion but not actively submitted since the US Embassy in France hasn't contacted us yet since there has been a delay on working the cases (from what it seems, due to vacations and covid).

Hi everyone,

Great news! Today we received something from the embassy in France. We're happy but definitely confused. Once we got a notification that our case had been sent to Paris from the NVC, and then that it was "Ready," we went ahead and filled out the DS-160 (on 6/29/21). We have still not received a P3. However, today we received an email with an interview date (9/28/21)! We are ecstatic, but a little confused as to why we haven't gotten a P3?

Also, the email contains a link for https://ais.usvisa-info.com/, where we are supposed to make an account, login, and then pay the visa fee? However, we are stuck because when prompted to select a "Visa Class," all other visas seem to be an option besides K visas! It states that if your Visa Class is not listed, then send an email. Has anyone heard of this issue before?

Thanks for any insight! And best wishes to all those still waiting. 

JCFZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.