JobbinsKnobbins

MAY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, JCFZ said:

Hi everyone,

Great news! Today we received something from the embassy in France. We're happy but definitely confused. Once we got a notification that our case had been sent to Paris from the NVC, and then that it was "Ready," we went ahead and filled out the DS-160 (on 6/29/21). We have still not received a P3. However, today we received an email with an interview date (9/28/21)! We are ecstatic, but a little confused as to why we haven't gotten a P3?

Also, the email contains a link for https://ais.usvisa-info.com/, where we are supposed to make an account, login, and then pay the visa fee? However, we are stuck because when prompted to select a "Visa Class," all other visas seem to be an option besides K visas! It states that if your Visa Class is not listed, then send an email. Has anyone heard of this issue before?

Thanks for any insight! And best wishes to all those still waiting. 

JCFZ

Hi,

I think not all embassy has the same process. Is US embassy in France usually do this (set interview date without sending P3)? You might reply the email and ask the embassy. US embassy in Indonesia sends P3 first then we have to do medical examination and then interview. But as I have said before, US embassy in another country might has a slight different one. In here, we also have to make an account and when I looked into Visa Class, K1 is under Immigrant Visa. But you might can ask this also to the embassy or in France Portal if you can't find the Visa class.

1 hour ago, Nobita24 said:

Hi,

I think not all embassy has the same process. Is US embassy in France usually do this (set interview date without sending P3)? You might reply the email and ask the embassy. US embassy in Indonesia sends P3 first then we have to do medical examination and then interview. But as I have said before, US embassy in another country might has a slight different one. In here, we also have to make an account and when I looked into Visa Class, K1 is under Immigrant Visa. But you might can ask this also to the embassy or in France Portal if you can't find the Visa class.

Hi Nobita,

Thank you so much for your response. I think you're right, we started to apply through the "non-immigrant" option, where the K visas were not an option. We have continued to the immigrant section.

However, I am still really confused. Since we received an interview date, it seems that the logical next step is to register the appointment date (selecting "I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site." When we start the process of registering the appointment, we have all of the necessary information besides a "DS-260" number. I have read multiple posts saying that DS-260 is not for K1 and that there is not fee to pay at the NVC stage?

I'm afraid that we've messed something up somewhere. We don't have an invoice number (for CEAC), nor a DS-260 number (for the Embassy appointment registration).

I don't know how to go about paying the visa fees. 

You all have been so helpful. Thank you for your help and the time you took to read this. 

JCFZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JCFZ said:

Hi Nobita,

Thank you so much for your response. I think you're right, we started to apply through the "non-immigrant" option, where the K visas were not an option. We have continued to the immigrant section.

However, I am still really confused. Since we received an interview date, it seems that the logical next step is to register the appointment date (selecting "I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site." When we start the process of registering the appointment, we have all of the necessary information besides a "DS-260" number. I have read multiple posts saying that DS-260 is not for K1 and that there is not fee to pay at the NVC stage?

I'm afraid that we've messed something up somewhere. We don't have an invoice number (for CEAC), nor a DS-260 number (for the Embassy appointment registration).

I don't know how to go about paying the visa fees. 

You all have been so helpful. Thank you for your help and the time you took to read this. 

JCFZ

Can you reply the embassy's email and ask them? In Indonesia, we don't fill up DS-260 but we have to fill up DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application). and here is example of US embassy email (P3). But as I mentioned before, might be different from other country. So, you better ask the embassy is it okay you come to the interview without filling up the form (either DS-260 or DS-160), before paying the fee or what you should bring to the interview.

1907464536_emailfromUSembassyJkt.thumb.png.f17834c04157777c6733b969e76f48fd.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
2 hours ago, NB5347 said:

STILL waiting on the OK + Packet 4 from the Madrid embassy to schedule our interview... These last few weeks pass SO slowly!!

Do not worry, if anything is like it was with the French US Embassy, chances are that vacation has made it slow for a bit but as soon as the people in charge of the K1 cases are back, you will get news very soon!

We had our case sent to the Embassy back in May 25th and we only got contacted by the Embassy last week (French Embassy doesn't do Packet 3, they just schedule an interview whether you can for that date or not). Our interview was scheduled for September 28th.

Good luck, "nuestro hermano"!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 8/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Do not worry, if anything is like it was with the French US Embassy, chances are that vacation has made it slow for a bit but as soon as the people in charge of the K1 cases are back, you will get news very soon!

We had our case sent to the Embassy back in May 25th and we only got contacted by the Embassy last week (French Embassy doesn't do Packet 3, they just schedule an interview whether you can for that date or not). Our interview was scheduled for September 28th.

Good luck, "nuestro hermano"!

For some reason, when I cry on the forum, it brings us good luck lol. We got packet 4 today and can schedule an interview!!!! We don't see anything available but will keep checking!! Woohoo!!!

Glad ya'll have a date though yay!!!!! 

Timeline

Been checking for appointments for a week and no "available appointments" ugh!! Another girl just told me that she emailed the Madrid embassy and they told her they were not sure if they'd be able to open appointments for September.... !?!? My 797 Notice of Action shows expires September 21, 2021 so doesn't this mean the interview has to be done prior to this date??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 8/23/2021 at 10:09 AM, NB5347 said:

Been checking for appointments for a week and no "available appointments" ugh!! Another girl just told me that she emailed the Madrid embassy and they told her they were not sure if they'd be able to open appointments for September.... !?!? My 797 Notice of Action shows expires September 21, 2021 so doesn't this mean the interview has to be done prior to this date??

Our NoA2 is going to expire a month before the interview and the email stated that the beneficiary needs to bring another letter of intent to marry from both petitioner and beneficiary, to extend it.

Don't know how it is for Spain but either way, you guys need to make another letter and sign it (each) so you can send it to the Embassy to extend it or to bring it to the interview.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Our NoA2 is going to expire a month before the interview and the email stated that the beneficiary needs to bring another letter of intent to marry from both petitioner and beneficiary, to extend it.

Don't know how it is for Spain but either way, you guys need to make another letter and sign it (each) so you can send it to the Embassy to extend it or to bring it to the interview.

That's what the embassy told us as well that the "carta" will revalidate the petition... but being in the "unknown" of when they will be opening up appointments again is kind of odd. A this point, I'm not sure if getting a lawyer involved would help or not.. but I'm highly considering it. We have completed all steps and been instructed that they've received all documents and to make the appointment... now they have to do their side of things and open up dates for us!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.