JobbinsKnobbins

MAY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 5/12/2021 at 9:07 AM, JustineC85 said:

I just did it right now. Hopefully I get some feedback. 

How do I do that? I tried clicking the link in that Google document but it said “error 404 page not found.” I’m a June approval (June 15) but I couldn’t find a group for it so I’m joining this one! How do I sign up for the email on NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Tracki07 said:

How do I do that? I tried clicking the link in that Google document but it said “error 404 page not found.” I’m a June approval (June 15) but I couldn’t find a group for it so I’m joining this one! How do I sign up for the email on NVC?

For your convenience.  Signing up for email is in the attached google doc from the OP (mirroring the link for the NVC page below); there is a webform to fill out on the nvc page. There is a delay in getting the email updated, so get it done as soon as you can.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Here is the template to fill out, just missing the Case number at the top
image.png.ec49dbd42911d7945728d92cbf7690ff.png

Edited by JobbinsKnobbins
Add more context to post

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Incase this helps anyone, I just called NVC, they received my case yesterday, June 16 (NOA2 May 26) and said they are currently working on creating cases for those they received June 7th. So end of May NOA2s should start hearing something in the next 10 or so days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 6/10/2021 at 9:14 AM, YueQian said:

Petition was approved twice, first on 4/29 and then on 5/12, I assume the latter counts.

Yesterday NVC replied to my inquiry submitted on 5/24, giving us the new case number, case status is READY since 5/27

The consulate called me yesterday about sending me the packet!!! Only a little over a month after NOA2, I'm so grateful (especially after SO much inaction earlier)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just found this thread :) 

Our NOA1 was October 5th 2020, NOA2 was May 13th 2021 and we got our NVC case number etc on 9th June. We're plaintiffs in the London Mandamus, hopefully we will see some movement rather than be waiting in NVC visa petition limbo :( 

Edited by eggybreadb78

Timeline
3 hours ago, AndrAlb said:

In transit to Embassy! ❤

Did NVC email you when it went in transit to embassy?

Just received our case # finally!! I was on hold waiting and the email popped up!

57 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

Did NVC email you when it went in transit to embassy?

Just received our case # finally!! I was on hold waiting and the email popped up!

Yes, the NVC mailed both of us! Good luck on your journey, hopefully everything just goes fast from now on! ❤

Timeline
21 minutes ago, mysojuli said:

NOA 2: 5/24

NVC Case Number Received: 6/3

In Transit: 6/22!

Embassy: Amsterdam!

I love to see the speed in this approval process! Any insight on how long it’ll take to get an interview?

Not sure on Amsterdam, but im

hearing within two months here in Spain so hoping something similar for you! Time to get documents ready for when embassy contacts you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 1:24 AM, mysojuli said:

NOA 2: 5/24

NVC Case Number Received: 6/3

In Transit: 6/22!

Embassy: Amsterdam!

I love to see the speed in this approval process! Any insight on how long it’ll take to get an interview?

In Belgium, the scheduling was incredibly fast. I got the letter from the embassy on 06/07 and the next available interview spot was on 06/10. But maybe Amsterdam can be busier than Brussels.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got NoA2 on May 26th and still not a peep from the NVC.   Meanwhile people who got theirs in June are already processed on in transit.  So frustrating. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, cljohn86 said:

Got NoA2 on May 26th and still not a peep from the NVC.   Meanwhile people who got theirs in June are already processed on in transit.  So frustrating. 

Is Ukraine US Embassy still processing K1 visas? It seems some cases are staying at NVC if the embassies in specific countries are on standby with the k1 process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

Is Ukraine US Embassy still processing K1 visas? It seems some cases are staying at NVC if the embassies in specific countries are on standby with the k1 process.

Yes,  I see someone else from Ukraine received NOA2 on 4-29 and has gone through everything and is already in the US. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.