kev and julia

K1 NVC Expedite Process

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI,

Now our K1 case is at NVC and we are thinking about using the expedite process.  We are going to use the argument of essential workforce.  Under CDC guideline, I, the petitioner, am considered an essential worker at 1c category.  Has anyone use the essential worker argument to get the expedite approval?  What evidence and documentations did you use?

Thank you.

Kevin  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kev and julia said:

HI,

Now our K1 case is at NVC and we are thinking about using the expedite process.  We are going to use the argument of essential workforce.  Under CDC guideline, I, the petitioner, am considered an essential worker at 1c category.  Has anyone use the essential worker argument to get the expedite approval?  What evidence and documentations did you use?

Thank you.

Kevin  

The expedite request needs to be made to the consulate,  nvc will simply say k1s are already expedited through nvc 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, kev and julia said:

Specifically, I email my expedite request to this address with my documentations, right?

NVCExpedite@state.gov 

That would be for immediate relatives visas not for a k1. 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, kev and julia said:

Ah I see. So I go directly to the Mexico consulate website.  Does this place look right to you?

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv

Thank you for the help.

Your request would need to go to the IV unit not the NIV.  Some consulates have a unique email address for expedites, some simply use the general IV email address.   Not sure how CDJ does it. 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Good luck.  I thought this kind of expedite was meant to apply to potential immigrants, not the petitioner....... but no harm in trying. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Here is an earlier thread on this subject:

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

Nice to see that things are moving along? Since you applied in August, I have seen many longer than that here

Good luck to you

Thank you Keickhoff.  Just trying to find ways to make process quicker.  Most people stuck at NVC because of the consulates.  We will see what happens with this expedite process.

5 hours ago, kev and julia said:

HI,

Thank you.

Kevin  

Would you let us know if they expedite your case please? 
it can help other essential workers. 
thank you! 

Timeline

From what I gathered so far, it is pretty much pure luck.  If you can come up with a sad story, essential workers, mental distress, physical health distress, whatever, just try to submit the request.  The request itself is free.    

Timeline
7 hours ago, kev and julia said:

Ah I see. So I go directly to the Mexico consulate website.  Does this place look right to you?

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv

Thank you for the help.

In mexico, the K1 applicant has access to schedule their own interview.  You can schedule it about 90 days out immediately, and if you check weekly you can easily bump that up 30-45 days.

Just keep checking the schedule daily/weekly.  If people cancel they'll open up new slots.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.