Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, royandme said:

No, I dont think so.In fact I asked for a tier 2 officer and they told me an officer would contact me within 20 days,but nobody contacted me.They sent me an email 2 days ago telling me that the system shows that I was already naturalized and they closed the inquiry case.

But you have nothing to lose by contacting them..it might help.

Thank you once again for your response.

Since yesterday my "estimated time until case decision" showed 1 day - I was curious to find out what it said today and it says the following:

"Things are taking longer than expected". You do not have to do anything at this time.

As you have written there is nothing to lose by contacting USCIS. So, I will try and get access to an actual officer this time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, sap283 said:

Were you guys told as to why decision can't made at this time?

I my case the officer said he needs to review my file,as I updated some information on my application during the interview.

ROC timeline

06b06/12 - package sent to CSC

06/08/12 - package received

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Timeline
18 hours ago, royandme said:

I my case the officer said he needs to review my file,as I updated some information on my application during the interview.

Do you remember receiving a Form N-652 after your interview? It is supposed to let you know of the decision taken by the interviewing officer.

Timeline
On 7/31/2021 at 9:34 PM, sap283 said:

Were you guys told as to why decision can't made at this time?

In my case - a decision was actually made. On my form N-652 - the officer checked the box which said "Your application is recommended for approval". 

Since then though nothing has happened - and it has been more than 7 months now.

Timeline

So, yesterday I was able to get hold of an actual USCIS representative over the phone and explained my whole situation. She advised me to write a letter to the NBC office in Missouri - which I immediately did and sent it away yesterday.

Hopefully this inquiry letter of mine will prompt someone at USCIS to look into my case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 7:22 AM, leonidas_alexan said:

Do you remember receiving a Form N-652 after your interview? It is supposed to let you know of the decision taken by the interviewing officer.

Yes got the N-652,a decision could not be made at that time for me.This is more nerve wrecking.I am pretty sure you will be scheduled for the oath soon..but yes, it's been quite long time since interview and it is normal to get worried.

ROC timeline

06b06/12 - package sent to CSC

06/08/12 - package received

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

On 8/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, leonidas_alexan said:

So, yesterday I was able to get hold of an actual USCIS representative over the phone and explained my whole situation. She advised me to write a letter to the NBC office in Missouri - which I immediately did and sent it away yesterday.

Hopefully this inquiry letter of mine will prompt someone at USCIS to look into my case.

Thank your share, that

could you give me NBC office address?

I am same situation of yours,

sincerely!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Thread is moved from USC General Discussion to US Citizenship Case Filing and Progress Reports**

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline
17 hours ago, angelostuart said:

Thank your share, that

could you give me NBC office address?

I am same situation of yours,

sincerely!

The address is

USCIS National Benefits Center,

850 NW Chipman Rd Suite 5000, Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Good luck my friend.

5 hours ago, leonidas_alexan said:

The address is

USCIS National Benefits Center,

850 NW Chipman Rd Suite 5000, Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Good luck my friend.

Appreciated that!

why we interviewed at local office,

But cases Hold by NBC….

Timeline
18 hours ago, angelostuart said:

Appreciated that!

why we interviewed at local office,

But cases Hold by NBC….

Even I was confused by that. I just really only followed the advice by the representative over the phone.

I'll wait another month and then I will directly mail my local USCIS office. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 hours ago, anakai said:

Hi Folks. does anyone have any updates?

No updates, but yesterday was my magic 120 days.  So I have a letter ready to go to the local office with an inquiry.  I will give them a week, if I don't hear back I am contacting my Senator next.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:05 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

No updates, but yesterday was my magic 120 days.  So I have a letter ready to go to the local office with an inquiry.  I will give them a week, if I don't hear back I am contacting my Senator next.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:05 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

Hi Friends,

I would like to share that today my case status was updated to " Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" . What a relief!
As I feel that we the members of this forum are like a family, I am going to share more detailed information about my case that you might find helpful:

Brief of my Case:
  • 2015 received GC, EB1 category (as Exceptional Scientist)
  • Sep 2020: Submitting N-400
  • Dec 2020: Bio Reuse
  • March 2021: Interview (It went well, only 5 mins, the only inconvenient part was that the officer was nagging why my lawyer is going to join the interview on the phone. She said it's difficult for her to talk loudly and she asked me to do the interview without him, but I didn't agree. After the interview she said I want to approve you, but your physical file is not here and I can't technically approve you. Then she marked " No decision ..." and  said the I should receive the decision and Oath in 2-3 weeks.
  •  Aug 2021: Oath will be scheduled 
Here's my follow up while my case was pending: 
  1. (During first 90 days) Talking with a Tier-1 Officer by calling USCIS monthly: the best way to get hold of the real agent is just telling" info pass", then you will be directed to the agent (Tier 1) directly. Every time that I called, their agent had ZERO information about my case. Tier 1 agents are there only for some technical support and the only beneficial service you can get from them is asking them to set a call back from Tier 2 who is a real USCIS officer. Usually, they don't agree to set up the call for you, but in my experience the best method of communication with them is being very polite, short, and asking them right away to schedule you for a Tier-2 officer. Don't explain too much. Also, if the person is not friendly, just finished the conversation and don't ask him/her to schedule a call back for you, because then they will say "No" and will put "No" on their system as well and when you call later the next agent will tell that you request was already disapproved and will not approve you case.
  2. (on day 90) Talking to a Tier-2 officer: After 90 days, I asked for a Tier-2 officer call back and she called me back after 20 days at 5 pm friday. Remember they will call within 20 days business days (not calendar day). I talked with her quickly and she said the system doesn't show any information about your case. Then she sent a request through email to my local office. After 2 days I received a response that "We are still reviewing your case. The case is in final processing. We will mail you a notice when we make a decision". In my opinion it was a good sign, however my lawyer and some other lawyers who I chatted with on AVVO website believed that it's a generic response and worthless.
  3. (on day 120) Submitting inquiry to the Senator office: I submit a request to my senator's office. Then they submitted my request 5 days later to the USCIS and asked me to wait for a month. In my experience, the senator's offices are so busy, therefore you have to keep following up with them to make sure they will follow your case with the USCIS office. Call them every 3 days till you will get the confirmation that they submitted your case.
  4. (on day 150) Submitting inquiry to the White House: I submitted a letter to white house at (https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/)
  5. (on day 153) Submitting inquiry to the Congress: I submitted a request to my congresswoman's office. After a day, I received a confirmation letter and they asked me to submit my documents and I did. This was the only time that I felt somebody cares about my case, as they wanted to present my case in strong detail.
  6. (at day 156)  My case was updated to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"
Here are some other information that I gathered from different resources about pending naturalization cases:
  • Background check process: My lawyer believed that sometimes the USCIS assigned some cases to a special unit at Washington DC for further investigation (for example if you have some irregularity in your case in the past, or you are for a muslim country, etc.) and he believes the interviewing officer can't do anything until your case will be cleared from Washington. Based on this theory, he believed that sending an inquiry to the USCIS or talking to a USCIS Tier-2 officer is a waste of time and only annoys your interviewing officer. He only suggested me two options: 1) contacting the congress as they can push the USCIS, unless the case is not stuck on the background check process in D.C.; 2) Suing the USCIS.
  • Suing the USCIS: The logic behind suing the USCIS is pushing the USCIS authorities in the higher level at DC to check the whole system and find out where your application got stuck. I communicated with many lawyers about this option and some of them were so pushy to convince me to file right after 120 days. Also the cost is around 4-5 K, however there is no guarantee for getting approval. It only pushes the USCIS to make a decision which can be "Yes" or "No". Just remember, one of the requirements for being successful in suing the USCIS is having enough documents that you have already tried different ways to communicate with USCIS. so, if you plan to sue them you need to keep record of all your communications with the USCIS.
  • Some useful website or forums: Visajournay, ***removed***, AVVO, Legally (legally predicted that my case will be approved in Aug and it was true)

Finally, I would like to wish every one of you best of luck with this weird, unpredictable, painful, and BS process of waiting. I believe for us that we pass 120 days and no decision made yet is a sign that the didn't find any negative point in our case to deny it. Please be positive, every one of us deserves to be the citizen of this wonderful country. This country has been built based on immigration. Unfortunately, the previous administration was xenophobic and hateful of immigrants and they tried to make the process lengthy and painful and take the joys of naturalization away from us. The good news is the new USCIS leadership is a nice lady who believes in helping immigrants and I suggest that if you are tired and want to sue the USCIS, please wait a little bit more that she may change some of the current and unfair policy at the USCIS and hopefully clear the pending case.

Best wishes to all of you🤗

Edited by LAN400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.