Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/27/2021 at 6:40 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

It is indeed frustrating, specially when you don't know what the cause is.  I am in a similar situation, got the GC quite a few years ago (2007) and still happily married to my US citizen husband.  I wonder if they are having trouble with cases like these when we waited many years to finally make the decision to become citizens.  Nowadays they have electronic forms and files and it is easier to cross-check things, but a few years ago all was paper and who knows where those files are or if they even make it to their offices.

Anyway, I am counting my days too, when it gets to the 120 we plan to contact the Senator or whoever necessary to figure out where the case 

I think you brought up an excellent thought..it might be very possible that they are waiting on some "old" information from other agecies..I thought of it too.Anyhow,I had issues with my first green card interview..for some weird reason we had to go to the stokes interview..and I am not surprised that this is happening to me at the citizenship stage.But uncertainty kills me.

Did your officer told you why he/she could not make a decision on the spot ? Mine said he needs to review my file..but he also mentioned that my file looks good.

I went to my Congressman (without any result) before the 120 days..I think you can make an inquiry after 90 days passed since interview. Good luck to you ! It really sucks to be in our situation.Please keep us updated,I will whenever I will get some news.

ROC timeline

06b06/12 - package sent to CSC

06/08/12 - package received

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

2 hours ago, royandme said:

I think you brought up an excellent thought..it might be very possible that they are waiting on some "old" information from other agecies..I thought of it too.Anyhow,I had issues with my first green card interview..for some weird reason we had to go to the stokes interview..and I am not surprised that this is happening to me at the citizenship stage.But uncertainty kills me.

Did your officer told you why he/she could not make a decision on the spot ? Mine said he needs to review my file..but he also mentioned that my file looks good.

I went to my Congressman (without any result) before the 120 days..I think you can make an inquiry after 90 days passed since interview. Good luck to you ! It really sucks to be in our situation.Please keep us updated,I will whenever I will get some news.

This is my understanding after reviewing some websites/forums and also talking with some lawyers regarding the delays after the interview. 

Based on the current procedure at USCIS which is reshaped by TRUMP administration, for having final approval the adjudicator officers must have and review the whole permanent  immigration file of each applicant which is paper-based and it's called A-file. Since There are severe delays on transferring the A-files between USCIS central offices and local offices which handle the interviews, this step caused significant delays at USCIS. 

On the other hand, due to the coronavirus and the severe backlog at local offices due the pandemic, USCIS is under huge pressure for delay to schedule interviews, therefore USCIS has decided to schedule interviews as much as they can to reduce the backlog before the interviews and officers have been asked to run their interview based on the temporary electronic file that they have on their system (even though if they didn't receive the A-file). 

Additionally, based on another striking rule by the previous administration, after receiving the A-file and making the decision by the officer, the decision should be confirmed by a supervisor for many cases which caused another significant delay.

When we as applicants will follow up with the USCIS local office and inquire them about the cause of delay and request them to provide us an ETA, since the local office doesn't have the enough knowledge about the whole process, the USCIS can't estimate how long it will take for each case to complete the procedure, therefor they will come up with some nonsense stories such as "the delay is for background check, etc.,". 

To me, it seems the most effective way to get a response from the  USCIS is sending a lawsuit after 120 days (with Ccing the USCIS director, US attorney, General and local USCIS jofficers and the adjudicator officers at the lawsuit). This way the whole system will get involved and since they don't want to deal with the court system, they will move their A** quickly to look at the whole system to discover where the causes of delay are and they will solve the delay and will provide the decision within 30-60 days after receiving the lawsuit.

Timeline
On 5/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, LAN400 said:

This is my understanding after reviewing some websites/forums and also talking with some lawyers regarding the delays after the interview. 

Based on the current procedure at USCIS which is reshaped by TRUMP administration, for having final approval the adjudicator officers must have and review the whole permanent  immigration file of each applicant which is paper-based and it's called A-file. Since There are severe delays on transferring the A-files between USCIS central offices and local offices which handle the interviews, this step caused significant delays at USCIS. 

On the other hand, due to the coronavirus and the severe backlog at local offices due the pandemic, USCIS is under huge pressure for delay to schedule interviews, therefore USCIS has decided to schedule interviews as much as they can to reduce the backlog before the interviews and officers have been asked to run their interview based on the temporary electronic file that they have on their system (even though if they didn't receive the A-file). 

Additionally, based on another striking rule by the previous administration, after receiving the A-file and making the decision by the officer, the decision should be confirmed by a supervisor for many cases which caused another significant delay.

When we as applicants will follow up with the USCIS local office and inquire them about the cause of delay and request them to provide us an ETA, since the local office doesn't have the enough knowledge about the whole process, the USCIS can't estimate how long it will take for each case to complete the procedure, therefor they will come up with some nonsense stories such as "the delay is for background check, etc.,". 

To me, it seems the most effective way to get a response from the  USCIS is sending a lawsuit after 120 days (with Ccing the USCIS director, US attorney, General and local USCIS jofficers and the adjudicator officers at the lawsuit). This way the whole system will get involved and since they don't want to deal with the court system, they will move their A** quickly to look at the whole system to discover where the causes of delay are and they will solve the delay and will provide the decision within 30-60 days after receiving the lawsuit.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to put together such a detailed and informative message,I really appreciate it. Bottom line,my next step will be to talk to a lawyer.I will let you guys when I have an update.Good luck to everyone.

ROC timeline

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/29/2021 at 11:08 AM, royandme said:

Royandme, exactly, my officer said she had to review my old file too.  She said that she would normally give me the oath right there, but since this "old file" existed she had to look at it.  She also said it would normally take a couple of weeks for them to receive the file.  But as of now, it has been 6 weeks already, so I wonder if the file is lost or if she got it and then my application went to someone's else pile... who knows...

Thanks LAN400 for the explanation above.  I feel a bit better knowing that I am not the only one and that all these delays might have reasonable explanations.  I will also let everyone know whenever I get an update, I always hope it will be next week, or next...

Sending everyone in this situation positive thoughts, one day we will all hear back and someone else in this forum will find these conversations useful and know their cases are not "rare".

Timeline

I know this information is probably irrelevant,and we can not rely on ,but the estimated time until completion has been updated for me today to 29 days:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Submitted on May 19, 2020
View PDF

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 29 days

*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary.
Has anyone else seen an update as well ? I am just curious..It might mean nothing at all.

ROC timeline

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, royandme said:

I know this information is probably irrelevant,and we can not rely on ,but the estimated time until completion has been updated for me today to 29 days:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Submitted on May 19, 2020
View PDF

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 29 days

*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary.
Has anyone else seen an update as well ? I am just curious..It might mean nothing at all.

Maybe you will get good news    no one know's

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I've been reading all the comments here and this is definitely a USCIS problem. Hopefully any of us take all these delays personal as I know for sure we all deserve the approval. Some cities will move faster than others.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and this office take care of TONSSS of cases. I recently knew that one of my friend's mother got her interview in February of this year and the lady got approved in the spot. However is still June and she hasn't received a date for her oath yet (this is crazy right!!!?). That also made me realize how slow USCIS  is working  in general and of course is frustrating. My Interview was in January 28, 2021. I called USCIS because its been over 120dats and they said they sent a complain form to my office so I should get an answer within the 30 days or less from the Brooklyn office. I'm hopeful..  in the back of my head my mine me said that complain form is BS... but I still 1% hopeful!!! 

The best of lucks for y'all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just checking in... Anybody, any updates on your cases?

Those with interviews in March should be approaching the 120 day mark I guess...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Just checking in... Anybody, any updates on your cases?

Those with interviews in March should be approaching the 120 day mark I guess...

I am by far past 120 days since the interview..no updates for me.My time line says 9 days until case decision..I know I should not count on it.I spoke to a lawyer who advised me to sue USCIS but it is very expensive..just to rush USCIS to deny / approve,so I will wait for about 1 or 2 months.Do you have any updates ?

ROC timeline

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Timeline
2 hours ago, royandme said:

I am by far past 120 days since the interview..no updates for me.My time line says 9 days until case decision..I know I should not count on it.I spoke to a lawyer who advised me to sue USCIS but it is very expensive..just to rush USCIS to deny / approve,so I will wait for about 1 or 2 months.Do you have any updates ?

No updates on mine (it has been 9 weeks today), and I am not expecting to hear anything seeing how things are going.  My timeline changed to 6 months (it was 5 months), so I don't think we can trust that time either.  I did call USCIS last week, but not surprisingly they did not have any additional information.  I am resigned to wait for now, and when the time comes maybe contact the Senator and start from there.

How much is the writ of mandamus with a lawyer?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco&Kitten said:

No updates on mine (it has been 9 weeks today), and I am not expecting to hear anything seeing how things are going.  My timeline changed to 6 months (it was 5 months), so I don't think we can trust that time either.  I did call USCIS last week, but not surprisingly they did not have any additional information.  I am resigned to wait for now, and when the time comes maybe contact the Senator and start from there.

How much is the writ of mandamus with a lawyer?

This lawyer in Saint Louis charges 4,200.It just happened that I stumbled across his immihration youtube videos and immigration shows and I figured he is filing a lot of these lawsuits..if you are interested to watch them,I can give you his name.

ROC timeline

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

1 hour ago, royandme said:

This lawyer in Saint Louis charges 4,200.It just happened that I stumbled across his immihration youtube videos and immigration shows and I figured he is filing a lot of these lawsuits..if you are interested to watch them,I can give you his name.

My case already passed more than 90 days. I called USCIS and the agent said everything looks fine in our system, but because your filling date is on late Aug 2020, your interview was scheduled very soon but you lr case (in general) is in normal processing time (as they are working of Feb 2020 cases now). Although he put a request for a Teir 2 officer to call me back in 14 days to gove me more details.

If you all agree, I would sugget to share more general info about our case through this discussion, maybe we can find some common items in our case that causes this delay.

For instance I heard some applicants's case from muslim country will be intentionally delayed due to a program called CARRP. 

Here's my case general info:

1- General case information: Los Angeles, Male, Single, GC based on Job (Exeptional Ability), Born in a muslim country (but not muslim) with a common muslim name

2- Filing date: Aug 2020

3- Bio Reuse: Jan 2020

4- Interview: Mar 2020

5- Interview result: it went smoothly, decision can't be made due officer didn't receive the file yet.

6- Current estimated processing time: 11 months.

11 minutes ago, LAN400 said:

My case already passed more than 90 days. I called USCIS and the agent said everything looks fine in our system, but because your filling date is on late Aug 2020, your interview was scheduled very soon but you lr case (in general) is in normal processing time (as they are working of Feb 2020 cases now). Although he put a request for a Teir 2 officer to call me back in 14 days to gove me more details.

If you all agree, I would sugget to share more general info about our case through this discussion, maybe we can find some common items in our case that causes this delay.

For instance I heard some applicants's case from muslim country will be intentionally delayed due to a program called CARRP. 

1- General case information: Los Angeles, Male, Single, GC based on Job (Exeptional Ability), Born in a muslim country (but not muslim) with a common muslim name

3- Bio Reuse: Jan 2020

4- Interview: Mar 2020

5- Interview result: it went smoothly, decision can't be made due officer didn't receive the file yet.

Correction: 

3- Bio Reuse: Jan 2021

4- Interview: Mar 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.