Loveforyou43

K1 visa adding wedding plans to i129f

29 posts in this topic

So here is my quick story I actually been emailing a Wedding venue and telling them  about  my situation regarding a wedding at the beach here in Florida for next may or June  2022 .They actually told me they will give me a refund or can change dates if need be. So with that being said  I know most say don’t plan a wedding ,do you think that’s sending to much with the i129f  like the email conversations  and copy of the deposit of the venue and a copy of wedding invitations is a lot.

I know they might and a big might ask that  question at the interview but I figure I add it early.

when we start k1 around aug or sept this year 

I plan on sending 

Some pictures - of all 5 trips we just met 

proof of meeting- 

conversations- Skype, WhatsApp , phone calls 

wedding plans 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For May or June next year you need to file now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wedding plans doesn't prove a bona fide relationship.

No guarantee of when your fiancee will get a K-1 visa.

The K-1 is valid for 6 months to enter the US from the date of the medial.  In addition, you have 90 days after entering the US on the K-1 to marry.  

Filing in August or September would be late in my opinion if you are planning a May/June 2022 wedding.  Best to start now and slow roll the process so your fiancee is looking at a visa by September-December.  Covid has really slowed things down.  By filing now, you can slow roll the process.  If you file in Aug/Sept, you will not be able to rush the process if it's slow due to Covid, etc. 

2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Wedding plans doesn't prove a bona fide relationship.

No guarantee of when your fiancee will get a K-1 visa.

The K-1 is valid for 6 months to enter the US from the date of the medial.  In addition, you have 90 days after entering the US on the K-1 to marry.  

Filing in August or September would be late in my opinion if you are planning a May/June 2022 wedding.  Best to start now and slow roll the process so your fiancee is looking at a visa by September-December.  Covid has really slowed things down.  By filing now, you can slow roll the process.  If you file in Aug/Sept, you will not be able to rush the process if it's slow due to Covid, etc. 

good point I agree you do make sense k1 is about proving a relationship exist not  something happening in the future 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Loveforyou43 said:

good point I agree you do make sense k1 is about proving a relationship exist not  something happening in the future 

For the petition, proving a relationship is not required.   It is about proving you have met within the prior 2 years and both are free to marry. 

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

For the petition, proving a relationship is not required.   It is about proving you have met within the prior 2 years and both are free to marry. 

If you don't have to prove a relationship, then why are people who have met once within 2 years getting denials for K-1 visas?

Of course, you have to show a real relationship to get the K-1.  

If meeting within the 2 years was the only requirement, then a lot of fake couples would be getting K-1 visas. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

If you don't have to prove a relationship, then why are people who have met once within 2 years getting denials for K-1 visas?

If meeting within the 2 years was the only requirement, then a lot of fake couples would be getting K-1 visas. 

Are your reading comprehension skills challenged because you need to go back and read again.   For the PETITION ....

For someone who has been around as long as you should know the difference between a petition and a visa.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

So adding wedding plans be good if you are garantee a refund

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Loveforyou43 said:

So adding wedding plans be good if you are garantee a refund

What country are we talking about? For some countries it might be beneficial to frontload and already send stuff like this with the petition. For others it's just fine to go with the basics and bring more evidence for the relationship to the interview. If you're sure that you can get a refund go ahead, schedule it and send it with the petition. It won't hurt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Sometimes at the K-1 interview the beneficiary is asked about wedding plans. So it doesn't hurt to book a venue with a full refund, and can help.

This said, with covid raging, it is getting harder to get a marriage certificate when a K-1 couple needs it. So think of your venue as the just the reception and assume that you will be doing the quick marriage officiation in Vegas. Fly in, get married, get a dozen or so certs, fly out. 

Or you might be getting officially married after your reception. It all depends.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

What country are we talking about? For some countries it might be beneficial to frontload and already send stuff like this with the petition. For others it's just fine to go with the basics and bring more evidence for the relationship to the interview. If you're sure that you can get a refund go ahead, schedule it and send it with the petition. It won't hurt.

SA

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We were planning for the CR1 originally before COVID hit and K1 was our back up plan. Honestly we included the documentation for venues and my wedding dress deposit. It's not needed, but it also doesn't hurt in my opinion. More recently (on the FB visa pages), I've seen many people getting RFEs that are requesting to include intent to marry letters or wedding plan information 

7 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Talking about South Africa Cape Town 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.