2,947 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Don’t know why I’m only just seeing this! Better late than never!🤷🏻‍♀️ Here’s a very big congratulations to you my dear! You made it!🙌🎉🎊🎉🍾🍾🎊🎉🎈🎈🥳😀 Praise God!🙏

Thank you!!! And thank you so much for all your help!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Question for @sandranj. I filed I360 in nov 2019. Then filed I485, I765, and I131 in February 2020. My attorney field it as C31 category in error at the time. I found out the mistake later on (thanks to this forum) and we filed amended I765 with C9 category in May 2020 with an expedite request. The expedite was approved and I received EAD (work permit only, not valid for travel) in June 2020. We did not file amended I131 at the time. The I131 petition is still pending after more than a year, I check case status online regularly. I contacted VSC through senator's office in November 2020, but VSC just responded to wait. My attorney filed combined renewal petitions for I765 (C9) and I131 in February 2021. My question is, is it possible the AP was never approved because VSC thinks its a C31 based AP petition? And if that is the case, what should I do at this time? How do I confirm this is the issue and is there any way to correct it? Is it better to wait for a combo card based on renewal petitions we filed in Feb 2021? How long does that take now? Will they even give me a combo card based on the renewal petitions, or just EAD? Should we file an amended petition for the original I131 from last year? There is no place or box in the I131 petition for category codes. 

My employer filed h1b petition and it was approved by USCIS for consular processing in January 2021. I want to get the consular processing done so I can get back on valid visa status while the I-360 is pending. But I cannot travel without AP for fear of I485 being denied. I am from India, employment based I140 was approved last year but the green card backlog is so long that an employment based green card would take decades. I missed my sister's wedding in India in February because I wasn't able to travel. Any insight from you would be really helpful. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

1 hour ago, Mortaldreams said:

When I was reading your post my heart was popping out , but I’m also happy for you because you bought a house and  you have a job , these things will keep you in motivation.I wish everyone can reach their goals as you reached some of your goals .The light not too far from us , our Lord is showing us the light.soon he will show end of the tunnel ..

Amen!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, PACMAN007 said:

HI VJ Fam! 

Hope you all are well. I have some confusing, technical legal questions. Dear @sandranj I really need your help in this! @TBoneTX @Stillwinning!!!😊 please share some knowledge if you have to! I am in removal proceedings and applied vawa mid 2019 still no update. My file is in status docket now with the immigration judge and My questions are :-

1) Do I have to apply for vawa cancellation of removal as part of the whole process anytime in future even if my vawa gets approved?

2) Do I have to attend the longer individual hearing in which testimony is taken regarding the cancellation application?     

3) I did little article research and read that "If the application for cancellation is ultimately denied, the immigrant will be ordered removed and deported from the United States.

Say my Vawa gets approved and It is required to apply for cancellations as part of the process, is there anyway that the application can be denied even after the vawa approval as stated above in bold?

Thank You so MUCH in Advance! I always read the posts here and how great help you have been to this community. Thanks for being there for us. 

Hope I can ease myself after I hear from you. I do have an attorney but just need to be more sure :) 

THANK YOU ❤️ 

1- You will not file VAWA cancelation of removal. Once your VAWA is approved you have to ask the ICE Duty officer  to join you in a Motion to Terminate Proceedings.Once VAWA is approved they will sign the motion with you, but if they oppose, you still can ask to terminate the proceedings

2- I assume you didn't have the master hearing yet then,attend the hearing and   ask to have an individual hearing, probably your VAWA will be approved to the individual hearing.

I got a GC through vawa. I want to go visit my country but my passport is expired and my consulate is giving me a hard time renewing it. An option they give is that instead of the passport they can give me a "safe pass" or "safe conduct" which is only good to enter my country once. My question is, would this work?  do I need to show a passport to any US authority when leaving the US? Do I need a passport when i return to the US or just my GC?

thanks

9 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

I got a GC through vawa. I want to go visit my country but my passport is expired and my consulate is giving me a hard time renewing it. An option they give is that instead of the passport they can give me a "safe pass" or "safe conduct" which is only good to enter my country once. My question is, would this work?  do I need to show a passport to any US authority when leaving the US? Do I need a passport when i return to the US or just my GC?

thanks

To leave USA is no problem. The problem is to reenter USA you need to have a valid passport. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/15/2021 at 5:48 PM, sandranj said:

You will not submit an affidavit with a posit covid test for God sake. Affidavits  of people living abroad don't need to be notarized.

Hello Sandra, thanks, will you please elaborate? I already sent my RFE response. Friend who witnessed my relation, was at wedding and saw abuse was the one covid positive. He mailed me documents through his friend. Thank you for second part. We thought its good idea to send covid test result in case they wonder why his statement is not notarized. He wrote me 1st affidavit as well when received first RFE and it was notarized. Are you saying it for safety concern? 

22 hours ago, sam012019 said:

you have two months extra to respond to RFE due to covid 

Already sent. All i could able to add is get all letters notarized thats it, so didnt wait. 

22 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Praying with you! God is able!😇🙏😊

❤️ thank you, you are great help through out process, will keep you posted. fingers crossed. 

22 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Good luck to you! We will get through it.  Keep us posted ❤️

Sure will, thank you, ❤️ 

22 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

They mailed them, and I also submitted the envelope they came in.  

Thank you, mine came through email. Printed them out and sent already. Lets see how it goes. 

Hey family I hope everyone is okay ! I am going to tell my story hopefully I take some evidence that can help more for my vawa cave ! 

I haven’t live with my abuser since he abandoned the house or talking about divorce because he disappeared! 

so last week he called the ice on me and repot that I’m illegal and some Racist words I'd rather not say it ( the ice officer told me that ) so I had my EAD and everything and showed them that I’m not illegal or doing anything bad and I have a case pending so the ice officer apologized to me and told me he might write a letter and put it with that text my abuser been threatening that he will call the ice on me ! 

Here some questions, 

i have my EAD under c9 if I divorced can I renew it under c9 even if I’m not married to US citizen  anymore ? 

If the ice officer did not give a letter because he told me is will be a little  bit hard and he need to talk to FBI for that ! Can I explain what happen by myself and put them with the texts threatening and send it to vawa as an evidence?

thank you ❤️

Edited by Salyeen

48 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Hello Vawa family. My case was officially approved today. I am so happy I am in tears. Thank you Lord for the continuous support and guidance. And thank you all of you. those who are still waiting your day will come and we will celebrate together. Congrats to those already approved. Love you all.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.02.40 PM.png

So happy for you my dear! Congratulations!!! 🎉🎈🎊🍾  God is good!😊

54 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Hello Vawa family. My case was officially approved today. I am so happy I am in tears. Thank you Lord for the continuous support and guidance. And thank you all of you. those who are still waiting your day will come and we will celebrate together. Congrats to those already approved. Love you all.

Congratulations!

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to tell you that my Prima Facie arrived 2 days ago. I was about about to mail a letter to have it renewed like many of you suggested but they mailed the new one before I had the chance. I will use it to pay in-state tuition. 

Thank you everyone! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Maridade said:

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.