1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, callmecs said:

I just received my I-797C in the mail. 

it has my receipt number but no online access code. Will that be mailed separately?

To add the case to my online account it’s requesting an online access code?

thanks

Just use your receipt number.

or maybe they send that after payment is processed.

Edited by Ife2020

Timeline
6 minutes ago, callmecs said:

When adding a paper filed case to online account, you need 2 things

- receipt number

- online access code

you can’t use receipt number for both steps

It says they will add it once you enter your receipt number.

BDD146A9-4350-4D90-85D2-E55156CEE223.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

Just use your receipt number.

or maybe they send that after payment is processed.

Yeah, you can enter the receipt number to track your case status. The access code (I think) comes if you field the G-1145 form with the i130. G-1145 is the form to opt in to electronic notifications via text. For a while, I know people were getting two letters in the mail, one like yours and another one with an online access code. You can also sign up for a USCIS account and add a paper filed case to your account. When you add the case it will generate another letter to be sent to you which will have an online access code.

Timeline

Anybody else received two 797C receipts? I got one a few days ago and another one just today. The first was the one with the online access code and everything, second was just a confirmation that it was received. First one was from California, second was Potomac, lol.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Anybody else received two 797C receipts? I got one a few days ago and another one just today. The first was the one with the online access code and everything, second was just a confirmation that it was received. First one was from California, second was Potomac, lol.

I’ll check the mail tomorrow and see. What does the access code do?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

I’ll check the mail tomorrow and see. What does the access code do?

It allows you to create an account to check your case status. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I had submitted paper based I-130 petition for my spouse on March 15, 2021. Today I received my I-797C with a receipt number and payment information. That letter came from Potomac SC,  but when I checked the status online it’s saying it’s processing at our Nebraska SC. So, I called USCIS representative about this and she mentioned my case is in Texas SC. I’m really confused where actually my case is. Do you guys have any such similar experience??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Hi All,

I had submitted paper based I-130 petition for my spouse on March 15, 2021. Today I received my I-797C with a receipt number and payment information. That letter came from Potomac SC,  but when I checked the status online it’s saying it’s processing at our Nebraska SC. So, I called USCIS representative about this and she mentioned my case is in Texas SC. I’m really confused where actually my case is. Do you guys have any such similar experience??

Hello and welcome! Many of us are finding the same. Seems like all the online statuses say Nebraska, and the receipts are not consistent either. Mine was also from Nebraska but was told my case is at Potomac. They don't update the site or send a notification when its transferred. Best you can do it check/ call USCIS and see where they say it is, and just try to be patient. 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
3 hours ago, Syed Amir Hassan said:

Hi All,

Yes, many of us are in the same situation! Here is what happened with us:

1. Online receipt from Nebraska, case status tool online said Nebraska too.

2. Receipt was from Potomac, same as you.

3. Talked to a USCIS agent on live chat and they said the petition is in California!

What we've learned so far is that the online receipt/initial process is done at Nebraska, and if your case is sent somewhere else in the beginning they will not notify you. I think the receipt/payment will come from Potomac (both yours and mine). The actual center your case is at can be found by using the USCIS live chat (type "speak with a live agent" and click "technical difficulties" to get a live person). 

I am fairly sure your case is at the Texas center.

1 hour ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yes, many of us are in the same situation! Here is what happened with us:

1. Online receipt from Nebraska, case status tool online said Nebraska too.

2. Receipt was from Potomac, same as you.

3. Talked to a USCIS agent on live chat and they said the petition is in California!

What we've learned so far is that the online receipt/initial process is done at Nebraska, and if your case is sent somewhere else in the beginning they will not notify you. I think the receipt/payment will come from Potomac (both yours and mine). The actual center your case is at can be found by using the USCIS live chat (type "speak with a live agent" and click "technical difficulties" to get a live person). 

I am fairly sure your case is at the Texas center.

Same thing with my case. When I talked to live agent, it says my case is in Vermont. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally, after 6 weeks of waiting and waiting, received the NOA1 yesterday. :)

Sent: 2/26/21

PD: 3/8/21

Received NOA1: 4/12/21

Texas Service Center  (although it says Nebraska online ;) )

Timeline
9 minutes ago, V&A9194 said:

Finally, after 6 weeks of waiting and waiting, received the NOA1 yesterday. :)

Sent: 2/26/21

PD: 3/8/21

Received NOA1: 4/12/21

Texas Service Center  (although it says Nebraska online ;) )

Cool! Your priority date is 3/8 too so they are counting from when it was received, which is good. Our priority date is 3 days before yours. Did you receive the letter or the online notice? Or both?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.