brandon stone

Transfer K1 Visa Interview to another embassy?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it’s possible to get a K1 visa outside of my fiancé’s home country? The embassy is closed in Brazil and we’re growing increasingly frustrated and tired. Is it possible for it to be transferred or does she need citizenship in another country for that to be done? 

Thanks as always everyone

She needs to be resident at other country, and nothing guarantees it will be faster for you. There is waiting line at other country as well.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, brandon stone said:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it’s possible to get a K1 visa outside of my fiancé’s home country? The embassy is closed in Brazil and we’re growing increasingly frustrated and tired. Is it possible for it to be transferred or does she need citizenship in another country for that to be done? 

Agree with NancyNancy, she has to be the resident of that country. If you transfer her app, then she goes to the bottom of that list. BTW majority of the embassies are closed due to the global pandemic going on. We're all frustrated, but nothing can be done. I personally haven't seen my fiance in almost 1.5 years

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi. I have experience of CR1 case transferring without being a resident (as millefleur described). But I don’t know about K1. You can try to write to other embassies, it all depends on their available resources and compassion. You also need to be sure your fiancé will be able to enter another country for the interview, to learn about necessary quarantine, Covid test and other virus connected limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 1:27 PM, NancyNguyen said:

She needs to be resident at other country, and nothing guarantees it will be faster for you. There is waiting line at other country as well.

When you say resident, are you talking about like a permanent resident, or citizen of that country?   

My wife is Brazilian and she lived in Japan for 10 years.  She could've done the interview there in Tokyo, but we both decide it would be best to go back to Brazil to conduct the interview there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, brandon stone said:

Hi everyone,

Hello! 

Your fiancée needs to be able to confirm her residency in whatever country you’d  like to transfer your  case to.

What is known mostly is that when embassies/consulates close permanently in a country, they end up diverting some of the pending and  upcoming cases to a neighboring country.

Transferring your case may result in a wait longer than the one you’ve experienced so far.

As frustrating as it may be, this move will get you more stressed, in my humble opinion.

I know the wait is a bummer, however, try to hang tough. 

Edited by CrisBR

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/8/2021 at 1:02 AM, zolotinka said:

Hi. I have experience of CR1 case transferring without being a resident (as millefleur described). But I don’t know about K1. You can try to write to other embassies, it all depends on their available resources and compassion. You also need to be sure your fiancé will be able to enter another country for the interview, to learn about necessary quarantine, Covid test and other virus connected limitations.

How did you enter Poland?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Try to contact the embassy that you are transferring the case to, if they agreed to take the case then will send you a form that you fill and they will request the case. I would also ask if they have opening for interviews, you dont want to hit another backlog in a foreign country and keep going back and forth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.