Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, hollyeliz said:

Hi all,

I sent my petition to remove conditions on 01/04 via USPS two-day, so theoretically should have arrived on 01/06 or 01/07 to the Phoenix Lockbox. Foolishly, I did not sign up for text alerts, and somewhere along the way, our tracking number was misplaced, so I don’t know whether or not it was actually received. I called USCIS this morning, and the agent said there was no receipt number yet generated for my petition, and to wait 90 days from filing. Except, obviously if I don’t receive that receipt, that throws a huge wrench into my family’s life, as I rely on my conditional green card for my employment status and not having one puts me at risk of losing my job. Any advice? I’m not sure when should be cause for concern given the delays (though I am, obviously, concerned).

How long do you have until GC expires? I think that everyone applying should have the package ready to go as soon as the 90 days window opens, that way if there is a problem you should have a couple of months left to re apply. 

8 minutes ago, Ecaen87 said:

How long do you have until GC expires? I think that everyone applying should have the package ready to go as soon as the 90 days window opens, that way if there is a problem you should have a couple of months left to re apply. 

I filed the first day possible of my 90 days, as my GC expires 04/03. So I have a little less than two months left, but given the delays, I’m worried that won’t be enough time if I reapply. 

1 hour ago, hollyeliz said:

Hi all,

I sent my petition to remove conditions on 01/04 via USPS two-day, so theoretically should have arrived on 01/06 or 01/07 to the Phoenix Lockbox. Foolishly, I did not sign up for text alerts, and somewhere along the way, our tracking number was misplaced, so I don’t know whether or not it was actually received. I called USCIS this morning, and the agent said there was no receipt number yet generated for my petition, and to wait 90 days from filing. Except, obviously if I don’t receive that receipt, that throws a huge wrench into my family’s life, as I rely on my conditional green card for my employment status and not having one puts me at risk of losing my job. Any advice? I’m not sure when should be cause for concern given the delays (though I am, obviously, concerned).

I feel you. It's making me impatient because I see a handful of applications that arrived later than my date are already processed.

Mine arrived on 01/04/2021 and still nothing. Money order has not been cashed, and the two times I've talked to an agent the last 5 days, they all say a receipt number has not been generated. I don't know if this works but I plan on calling them a couple of times a week and hopefully it'll magically work out. It seems like that's all I can do at this moment. I hope you hear good news soon.

Edited by Gleeson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, classicme11 said:

Would someone please help me understand when I will be eligible to file N-400 for citizenship?

I obtained my conditional residency 4/2019 
will that mean that this is my third year 4/21 as a permanent resident therefore I can file on April of this year or do I have to wait this year to pass and file 2022?

if you are married to a USC you need to file 3 years after the date of your green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sent paperwork Jan 12th. 

Received the confirmation text Friday (Feb 12th). Looks like the Potomac center. 

Quick question, we have tentative travels plans outside of the country in April.... Is the paper receipt enough? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ypsirccim said:

Sent paperwork Jan 12th. 

Received the confirmation text Friday (Feb 12th). Looks like the Potomac center. 

Quick question, we have tentative travels plans outside of the country in April.... Is the paper receipt enough? 

Should be able to travel so long you have your extension paper. Though it be difficult right now give US is requiring covid testing prior to entering the country 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

We received the NOA today, dated 02/11

We are in Vermont Service Center, I think that is good news? I see the below processing times says Vermont is fastest? 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

But now I read a few threads and I am worried that VSC is the worst. Anybody know?

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fragger said:

Should be able to travel so long you have your extension paper. Though it be difficult right now give US is requiring covid testing prior to entering the country 

Thanks for the response. 

Extension paper should be here any day since I received the text Friday. No need for biometrics before we travel aswell? I heard this might be a requirement. 

Hello Everyone,

I found this site last week and so far it has been very helpful. I hope my timeline will be helpful for some else.

I just received email stating fingerprints was applied to case. I haven’t received the extension letter as yet.
Location -  New York - No lawyer used
Documents Mailed to - Arizona
01/02/21 - mail I751 via UPS
01/06/21 - Delivered
02/08/21- Text 11:56pm with receipt number  EAC
02/09/21 - check cash 4am
02/16/21 - Email fingerprint applied to to case 

Edited by Nadus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.